Photo
- - - - -

when you tell someone you really liked amy, do you get this for an answer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pearljo

pearljo

β™ͺβ™«β™« vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

(i don't really like that kind music.)
so, you have never heard it because you thought amy was trash?

i posted it on drummerworld forum and i always get into shit there. i don't
trust a musician that says he's never had addiction issues in a band.
  • LaPeep, Cecilia and melnyk like this

#2 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I usually get "she was so overrated" or "she's only so loved because she's dead". In most cases it seems to be because they're basing their opinion on either the gigs where she gave bad performances when she wasn't entirely sober because they were so well publicised, or just form a negative opinion because she was an addict. In the case of my brother it was a mixture of the above, and my ex disliked her because he was at Bestival 08 and saw her and she was in a really bad way.

• pearljo and melnyk like this

#3 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I'm trying to avoid talking about Amy, but sometimes people are asking me what does mean the singing bird on my arm or who're teaching me music. So I tell them about Amy (trying to be as short as possible). Most of people in Ukraine haven't heard anything about Amy, so they're asking me how to find her on the Internet. Some people have, so they're usually like: "Oh, yeah, I've heard her songs, she's good!". But I have never heard any shit about Amy from other people.  :)

• pearljo likes this

V.Melnyk

#4 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

(i don't really like that kind music.)

Yeah that's a common one. And when you ask what they mean by "that kind of music" they can't really give a proper answer because clearly they don't even know the music. Since her death people have been more positive about her in general though - even if they say they don't like "that kind of music" it's now usually followed by "but she had a great voice" or "but she was really talented". It's a real shame they didn't notice when she was still alive... Of course there are still the ignorant ones who just slam her because she was an addict or " bad role model" or shit like that, but I've given up arguing with them, it just fuels the fire.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#5 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Some people who are really nit picky will bitch about her cadence, inflection and just sounding like she's ripping off Billie Holiday or the backing track on Rehab sounding like a Ray Charles outtake.

Nobody has ever said anything cruel--quite the opposite--How sad....but she was generally well liked by everybody I know.

#6 pearljo

pearljo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

in an interview they went down the line of influences.  they mentioned billie holiday.  amy said oh fuck her. 

she spoke her mind.

#7 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

I remember on a Judy Garland message board there was a post about Amy and someone said something about they thought Amy thought she better than everyone else

• pearljo likes this

#8 pearljo

pearljo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

I remember on a Judy Garland message board there was a post about Amy and someone said something about they thought Amy thought she better than everyone else

she was. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users