No replies to this topic

#1 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

Gary Noble was the recording/mixing engineer who worked with Amy on Frank, Back to Black, and songs on Lioness.

He wrote this post back in July of 2011.

Posted Image

The world recently lost a talented young lady whose music touched millions. But for me she was more than just one of my favorite artists she was a friend. Amy was so much more than the media's portayal of her. For instance I remember when we were in St. Lucia she would feed the stray animals on the beach everyday. Once we were having brunch at the seaside restaurant where we ate daily and she excused herself from the table saying she would be right back. She soon returned with about fifty local kids, some shirtless and instructed the waitresses to give them whatever they liked and put it on her tab. Another friend of mine (Nicole) who I met while working with Amy sent me this message on Facebook. It sums up quite well how the people who knew her feel about her.

"We will always remember her for the person she was when we knew her. Alive, vibrant, wacky, irrational, spirited, gifted, rule breaker, quiet, loud, animal savour....but most of all a child's heart that gave love & wanted desperately to be loved in return.......Amy you touched all who knew you well.
Rest in peace. The little girl with a big heart & even bigger voice. Hugs to you all x x"

Amy I'm glad I was able to know you even for a short time. When we first met you were only 19 and you won me over with your amazing voice. Then as I got to know you as a person you became my friend. Wish you were still here. I miss your generous spirit, your laughter and your wry humor.

May you rest in peace.

http://garynobleshow...28_archive.html
  • Tara, LaPeep, Johanna and 3 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users