#1 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

On Wednesday it will be three years since Amy died. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday, other times it's like an eternity... But the music is still here with me every day and always will be. I've found myself listening to some of her live performances more than to her albums lately, and I very rarely listen to Lioness - which doesn't mean I don't still hope for some new music to surface. How are you guys all feeling? Got any thoughts or tributes?

Here's our girl doing what she did best:

Every time I hear this I am still struck by just how good she was.

Thank you Amy.

• Tiny Penny, catpuss, melnyk and 4 others like this

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#2 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

listen to her in the car everyday.....thinking about her brings a tear, what must it be like for her family and friends. My thoughts are with them . Amy is not forgotten...xx

• Cecilia, Tiny Penny, monkeywoman and 1 other like this

#3 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Yep....listen to her live stuff alot and write poetry of her...so in honour:

"Amy Remembered "

AMY left this world
But her musical rose will never die
Her memory lives on in love and memories
Her spirited soul blossomed
In her darkness and bliss
A butterfly in flight
Soaring to a new height
Her voice searing bright
In pain and sorrow
In her laughter
Her rendition of
" Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow "
Listen with a smile and tear
Her inner truth
In her silence
Finally surrendered
July 23rd, 2014
AMY REMEMBERED...
©CreativeAmyCanuckerGal2014~
  • Cecilia, Tiny Penny and monkeywoman like this

#4 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

I miss her a lot and it does make me quite sad to think that we'll never hear another full studio album from her again or that we'll never see her perform live again. All the potentially great music that will never be sung/played/recorded because of her death is depressing to think about for me, especially when I read the titles for all the new songs and realize that she was probably not all that far away from being ready to record brand new material when she died. She at least had ideas and probably lyrics floating around, maybe even had some of the songs written on her guitar. 

On the other hand, I still feel grateful all the time for the music she did give us. She is a big part of my life and my musical education, which is still ongoing. I honestly think about her every day and still listen to her as often now as I did when I first discovered her music. 

• Cecilia, Tiny Penny, catpuss and 1 other like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#5 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

I'm using my amy blog as a catharctic way to express feelings and thoughts on the day she passed. what were you doing when you found out Amy was dead? where were you? which was your reaction to it?

all the messages will be posted on the 23rd.

here it's the post

submit here

• Tiny Penny likes this

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#6 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

I cannot believe three years have passed!  It still feels like yesterday that I heard the news.  I still feel very sad thinking about it too.  I listen to Amy all the time and have been watching lots of performances this week and remembering the fantastic, talented girl she was!  I am glad she is still being remembered here and know she lives on through her music.  Lots of Love xx

• Cecilia and Bogart like this
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

You know what? I actually don't cry about Amy anymore...well, maybe sometimes, but hardly ever. I don't know when the crying stopped. Maybe last year, maybe 6 months ago? I used to cry every time I listened to an interview, her music or read something about her. Not every single time, but something, a little detail, a lyric, a beautiful picture or a sad one, would just set me off.

I would cry about the pointless waste of losing her, about not knowing her personally (oh, the injustice, I just know we would be best friends!), about the pain she felt for Blake, about never hearing new songs from her when I would've liked to hear what a 52 year old Amy would write about....

I used to think it would never stop...and now I'm only just realizing that I don't remember the last time I cried for her. I guess I've come to terms with it. 

• Cecilia likes this

#8 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

I'm using my amy blog as a catharctic way to express feelings and thoughts on the day she passed. what were you doing when you found out Amy was dead? where were you? which was your reaction to it?

all the messages will be posted on the 23rd.

here it's the post

submit here

Hey Bogart, I followed the links you posted, but for some reason I can only see what I think is the title (Amy Winehouse) and the background to your post (picture of Amy), not the actual content of the blog posts. Is it just me?

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#9 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

^^^ I see the same :(

V.Melnyk

#10 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hey Bogart, I followed the links you posted, but for some reason I can only see what I think is the title (Amy Winehouse) and the background to your post (picture of Amy), not the actual content of the blog posts. Is it just me?

You have to scroll down to see the posts or click on the title :)

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#11 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

You have to scroll down to see the posts or click on the title :)

I did, still can't see anything :( I tried Firefox and Internet explorer but no luck with either. I'm pretty tired so maybe I'm missing something obvious...

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#12 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

I did, still can't see anything :( I tried Firefox and Internet explorer but no luck with either. I'm pretty tired so maybe I'm missing something obvious...

well i'm amazed i don't know what the problem could be. I just tried open it with my tumblr account closed and the image get distorted i don't why :(

i'll message the theme designer.

if you still want to message my blog you can click on the "navi+about" link that's on the bottom of the page and then click on "contact" and there you'll see my askbox.

• Cecilia and melnyk like this

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#13 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

^^^ I see the same :(

Try this: http://amywinehoused...om/submit#posts :) there you can submit anything you want

Updated: after forcing my grey cells to think, I fixed my blog and now it works :)

Edited by Bogart, 23 July 2014 - 12:22 AM.

• melnyk likes this

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#14 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

It that time if year again.

I am not working in camden anymore so i wont be able to take tributes up to the house.

Thinking if your all.xx

For Amy: we are still here and we still remember.

Miss ya kid X
  • Cecilia, Tiny Penny and melnyk like this

#15 monkeywoman

monkeywoman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'm devastated. this date always takes a huge toll on me. I still cry about her all the time, maybe it's creepy considering I've never met her personally but she really got to me, It's like I can really feel her pain and I love her as if she was my best friends for years. this whole time is messed up my country is at war and there is a gloomy vibe surrounding me in the past few weeks and the whole thing just makes me terribly terribly sad. her death anniversary would probably get a few news coverage, less than she deserves which is understandable considering the situation and then back to the war coverage. I'm just devastated. I hope I could get past it and celebrate her life and what she left us instead soon. I'm not sure what else can I say, I just miss her everyday. RIP mermaid!

• Cecilia, Tiny Penny and melnyk like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users