Photo
- - - - -

New Song: Amy Winehouse - Lately (Stevie Wonder cover)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:53 AM

• Uno, amylove, pattieboyd2 and 7 others like this

#2 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:01 AM

Absolutely love this!! Thanks Fierce!

• Fierce, jeffreykv3 and TakeTheBox03 like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#3 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

Absolutely love this!! Thanks Fierce!

Hey Uno, any info about this song? The description says it was recorded around the time when Amy was 17/18 years old. But I've never heard about this one, very surprising upload.

#4 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

Pretty!!

#5 pattieboyd2

pattieboyd2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:47 AM

This is so wonderful.  When she sings "I'm a girl of many wishes, hope my premonition misses" I get goosebumps.  

• MingusMonk&Amy likes this

I'm not gonna meet your mother anytime

#6 weloveyouamy

weloveyouamy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:05 AM

Omg, it's really a new cover!!!!

#7 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

The uploader has just deleted the video! I can't believe it! I didn't have time to save it...has anyone downloaded it? 

#8 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

Absolutely amazing! Love her phrasing. Goosebumps and tears.

The video has been set to private. Somebody must have objected to this being shared.

The original uploader wrote this (now deleted) in HerSweetSound's repost "it's a studio recording but done in one take"

Another repost comment "this was recorded at producer Jack Freegards home at 2AM in his studio so as to not wake his parents"

#9 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

The uploader has just deleted the video! I can't believe it! I didn't have time to save it...has anyone downloaded it?

I'll be posting the opus encode (technically the best one) in a few minutes in the following thread https://www.amywineh...west-gen-files/

• Gus×Wino likes this

#10 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:49 PM

Here we have the video again!

https://youtu.be/986lx6oN7ag

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#11 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

#12 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:56 PM

@amyinourhearts Keep in mind that those are re-encodes and technically inferior (if you care about that sort of thing). My file is from the original upload and definitely not re-encoded.

• amyinourhearts likes this

#13 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:15 AM

This is exactly what I needed right now. I wonder where this is from and who recorded it, i've never heard of this song being done by her.

#14 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:34 AM

Hey Uno, any info about this song? The description says it was recorded around the time when Amy was 17/18 years old. But I've never heard about this one, very surprising upload.

Whoops, it looks as if the producer didn't like the song being posted, but at least, as MingusMonk&Amy mentioned above, there was more info posted before it went private.

In this excerpt, John the White Rapper (JtWR) (Johann Lacey) actually recalls this recording session with Amy during his interview with the Independent back in July 2004 ...

"I met Amy two years ago during a power cut. I'd been working in the studio after college with my producer Jack Freegard, and when the lights went he suggested going round to meet these two girls. Once there I didn't really say much to be honest, but Amy was singing and I remember being shocked - I'd never heard anybody sing so beautifully so close to me; all I could talk about when we walked home was getting her into the studio."

"I had to hassle her for about a month to get her to Jack's house, where we had our equipment. She was off getting a record deal, which I didn't know at the time, and was going back and forth to Miami to record her album. When she eventually turned up, we clicked and got really into it. We worked till about three in the morning and I remember worrying because Jack's parents were asleep in the next room and when she starts singing you know about it, but we didn't wake anyone and had a good tune at the end of it."

The full interview ...
https://www.independ...use-828125.html

Going by JtWR's time frame and our known dates (Amy first met Salaam in May 2002, and she signed her record deal in December 2002), so this recording session must have taken place sometime in the later half of 2002.

• Fierce, Bogart, pattieboyd2 and 2 others like this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#15 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:58 AM

Obviously someone doesn't want this getting out there, but how was it allowed to leak in the first place? Anybody know who leaked it or where it came from??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users