Photo
- - - - -

New Song: Amy Winehouse - Lately (Stevie Wonder cover)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

Someone Jake Freedman originally leaked the song, his channel is removed by now. ''This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by JF.''

It seems that Jack Freegard doesn't happy with the leaked song.

I found the video from 2008 of Jack playing the ''Lately'' on guitar with one of his proteges. Juliette Ashby and Tyler James are also amongst them

https://www.youtube....h?v=qEi5R1f1f8o

It's sad seeing how he obviously tries to block song everywhere, a little bit selfish. 

So, he recorded not only ''Lately', but ''Get over it'' too, right? I wonder, is there any more... and any chance to hear it...

• MingusMonk&Amy, Creeria, perrytm3 and 6 others like this

#17 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

Sad is the right word, unless there's a concrete plan to release the song. Her performance is flawless so there's no reason not to. People need to hear this.

• anthonyse16 and jerryqx2 like this

#18 xDetachmentx

xDetachmentx

We both know what it is

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:26 PM

It feels like there's a lot being reserved so that Amy's legacy (what's left of her unreleased discography) isn't dumped on everyone and forgotten. There might also be a bit of a personal aspect to it in that many of these songs are likely personal to her family/work partners. I understand that. I'm thankful that I got to hear Lately, I'm very happy about that. I wonder how much is left in the vault. I would estimate there's enough for at least another shorter album, though I doubt it'll be released any time soon. They picked through some unheard stuff while putting together LHT.

• inwinoveritas likes this

#19 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

I remembered about this video

Daniel Merriweather singing Lately with Amy (December 2006)

• inwinoveritas likes this

#20 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:04 PM

It feels like there's a lot being reserved so that Amy's legacy (what's left of her unreleased discography) isn't dumped on everyone and forgotten. There might also be a bit of a personal aspect to it in that many of these songs are likely personal to her family/work partners. I understand that. I'm thankful that I got to hear Lately, I'm very happy about that. I wonder how much is left in the vault. I would estimate there's enough for at least another shorter album, though I doubt it'll be released any time soon. They picked through some unheard stuff while putting together LHT.

True, I also wonder what is still out there, I#m especially curious about the unknown song she sang while performing at the Virgin Megastore. Maybe we'll get to hear this song or another. But on the other hand, I also understand, that these songs might be quite personal and therefore not up for release. Maybe Amy didn't want them to be out there or some partner producer didn'T want them released.Or maybe it's just about Mitch not geting his dirty little hands on them to make profit out of them. We'll probably never know, but we need to respect their decision.

• Fierce likes this

#21 Fluffybear677

Fluffybear677

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

@amyinourhearts Keep in mind that those are re-encodes and technically inferior (if you care about that sort of thing). My file is from the original upload and definitely not re-encoded.

i found this on the internet just wondering is it the same file or higer quality 

https://mega.nz/file...5UQ4RD3-AD_lxR4

#22 Fluffybear677

Fluffybear677

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

found it on vk, but also found out that https://www.mp3juices.cc/ can find alot of audio files fast

#23 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

i found this on the internet just wondering is it the same file or higer quality 

https://mega.nz/file...5UQ4RD3-AD_lxR4

This appears to be a transcode of the Opus encode. It's a well done transcode but still of slightly inferior quality. Both "Lately" and "My Own Way" originates from Youtube. Like it or not, this is how they were shared. There's no point in looking for better versions - there are none. I did ask Gil Cang for a lossless/uncompressed encode of "My Own Way" but never got a reply.

I can confirm that the version I shared of "(Money) No More Jazz N' Blues" is the original leaked file. The files marked as coming from myspace or soundcloud are directly from the producers themselves. Check the metadata for source info.

• Gus×Wino likes this

#24 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:58 PM

OMG OMG OMG ! 

I LOVE Stevie Wonder and I LOVE when Amy covers him...  <3

#25 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:54 PM

I like this more and more with each listen. No other recording of this song comes nowhere near the emotional impact as Amy's brilliant interpretation plus I'm a huge Stevie devotee. As always when it comes to Amy's musicality: Mindblowing!

• Amy Legend likes this

#26 MrJLacey

MrJLacey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 12:19 AM

This was recorded on the same night as Get Over It, not sure how anyone ever got their hands on it though as I don’t even have this.

#27 wdqeraemd

wdqeraemd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 09:35 PM

I love this cover.

#28 MingusMonk&Amy

MingusMonk&Amy

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 776 posts