Photo
- - - - -

how do i get a signature / change my avatar?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MissDiva

MissDiva

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

i want to have a pic of Amy that comes up evrytime i post a msg, i think its called a signature lol but i don't know how to do it. Also, how do i get a display pic for my name aswell, you know the ones that come up at the side next to peoples names.

#2 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

To change your signature go to User CP > Change Signature. Find a picture and either upload it to photobucket or imageshack and insert the tags into your signature.

So this code:
[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/amywinehouseforum/siggie3.png[/IMG]
Would turn into:
[IMG]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/amywinehouseforum/siggie3.png

Remember that signatures must be no larger than 500x200 in size.
If you ask nicely someone might be able to create you a signature but it's not guaranteed.
Hope that helps.
If you need anymore help just ask. ;)

#3 strictrat

strictrat

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

So what about pictures under the name thing? Is that the same? i'M not good with things like this.

#4 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:25 AM

The picture under a members username is called an 'avatar'. You can change your avatar by going to your User CP > Change Avatar. Here you can either choose an avatar from the forums galleries or upload your own avatar from your computer. Does that help? :)

#5 graduatedfool

graduatedfool

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

I try to change my avatar but it won't work.
I deleted my avatar, but then when I upload my new one, the old one re-appears. *confused*
Any solutions???

Nevermind ;)

#6 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

Glad to see it's working now. :)

#7 nedthehead

nedthehead

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

The picture under a members username is called an 'avatar'. You can change your avatar by going to your User CP > Change Avatar. Here you can either choose an avatar from the forums galleries or upload your own avatar from your computer.
Does that help?
:)

Wino, apologies for this basic question about avatars. I think i've managed to pick an image for the left-hand side of the screen, but how do i manage to put some text-a quote from a song, for instance (i notice you've got one from 'Stronger than Me' ) -under my name.

Cheers,
ned.

P.S. thanks for reply to my Introduction.

#8 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

User CP > Edit Profile > and then on the right hand-side of the page it will say 'Custom User Title' and you type in the text you want. Does that help? EDIT: I see you've already figured it out. :)

#9 nedthehead

nedthehead

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

User CP > Edit Profile > and then on the right hand-side of the page it will say 'Custom User Title' and you type in the text you want.
Does that help?

EDIT: I see you've already figured it out. :)

Yeh, surprisingly enough I managed to sort it. Cheers for reply, anyway. Over in Spain at moment and fingers crossed she´ll do her slot at Benicassim festival. I´m quietly confident she will, despite her cancelling the gigs in U.K--do u know if she done her slot at Oxygen festival in Dublin ? She´s rescheduled the Summerpops concert for the 18th of July (I think) and she daren´t cancel this for a second time. And so with Benicassim being only a few days later, I think she´ll probably do it. The sun will do her good, anyway !!

#10 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

I don't know what's going on but I heard she's cancelled alot of gigs due to exhaustion. Don't know if this Benicassim festival counts!?

#11 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Hi, Sorry Wino, I know this is probably so obvious, but I changed my avatar ages ago but the old one (NOOB) is still on, Why hasn't it come off yet? Thanks, Soaked In Soul

#12 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

That sometimes happens. remove your avatar and delete your cookies and internet history and then select your new avatar and see if it works. let me know if it doesnt.

#13 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

Is the picture I chose visible to you guys? Cause as far as i can see, it still says 'noob!' lol, sorry for being a dick :P xx

#14 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

Ive removed your avatar. Try now. If it still doesnt work let me know which avatar you want and Ill change it for you.

#15 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hi, I removed my noob avatar but still can't upload from the gallery. Sorry if this is a dumb question!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users