Photo
- - - - -

Philly's double dose of Amy - short, surprise performance tonight!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dee34

dee34

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:36 AM

:lol:I'll have to make this brief, because I am exhausted and have to get to bed and rested for work, but this whole weekend there was something called the Black Lily Film Festival. Basically, the Black Lily was an open mic night started years ago in Philadelphia that showcased female artists. It is where Jill Scott got her start, as well as the Roots. Well, after 5 or so years it got cancelled and they are starting it back up, so this weekend they did a whole tribute to the Black Lily including opening and closing concerts. Well, tonight's concert was fantastic...Alice Russell (who I got to meet), Alice Smith, ?uestlove, Jill Scott (who closed the night with 5 songs...beautiful), and many more including............................the surprise guest........ Amy Winehouse They didn't tell anyone she was coming, which is the spirit of the Lily...famous people came through all the time. I had a feeling Amy would be there because she had a night off and was still here from her Philly show. Every performer did 2 songs, and she did 'Rehab' and 'Me and Mr. Jones'. Only her 2 background singers came with her and the houseband, which included ?uestlove backed her up. It was so great seeing her 2 nights in a row! She sounded great, but forgot a few lines to Rehab! It was lovely! Night :)

#2 Blasphemous_Boy

Blasphemous_Boy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

Sounds amazing :) Im happy you had a killer time :) lots of love. xBBx

#3 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

that's SO COOL!

#4 9494

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

That sounds awesome! I LOVE Jill Scott and the Roots.

#5 moneymaker

moneymaker

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

u so damn lucky, i wish i was there, I just saw her when she was in Boston on the 7th, i'll post pics and videos later....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users