10 replies to this topic

#1 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

So... I went to see Amy at Rock Werchter, the biggest music festival in Belgium. I only ordered my ticket last Wednesday because I didn't know that it wasn't sold out.

I was nervous that she wasn't going to show up because she has cancelled gigs before. In the beginning of that day of the festival, the presenters started saying that they had good and bad news, so I was like "oh no, Amy's not coming" but it was something else. A bit later they said "We can already tell you know that Amy Winehouse (and that's when I went "oh no" again lol) has arrived (yay), and that she had already carved the name of all the artists on her stomach", which was obviously a joke.

She was supposed to play from 15:05 until 16:05 (or 3:05 until 4:05 pm). So I made sure I got there early because I really wanted to get as close as I could. I made it to the third row, unfortunately not right in front of the stage, but still a good position. She started about 25 minutes late but I forgive her that :). Because of the late start I suppose, she only sang for 45 minutes instead of an hour (to not delay the rest of the groups I guess. She was constantly asking her band what song they would do next, and often said to them that she didn't want to play that song yet and wanted to play another one first. One time she was holding the microphone behind her back to talk to her band about the next song.
The first song she did was Addicted (which is not on the Belgian version of Back To Black) and her last song was Rehab. A couple of other songs she did were Back To Black, Cupid, Valerie, You Know I'm No Good, Tears Dry On Their Own...
I didn't expect that a lot of people would like to see her because of comments I had read the day before, but I saw a lot of people were already getting closer before it started (instead of just going to have a look when they hear the band has started playing). Some people didn't seem to know her (including the people I was with). Like, I heard a girl explaining her friend how Amy - and especially her hair - looks and how Rehab sounds. Nevertheless, they seemed to like her quite a lot. Even if it was just because Amy could drink so much in once. Of course I can only say how the people around me seemed to like it, but I've read some positive things in the media already too.
I think she had two big drinks during her performance. She didn't seem to be drunk at all though. She sang well. She missed a note one time and laughed (that was cute lol). My cousin thought she was drunk, but that was probably because of the confusion (not knowing which song is next) and because he couldn't understand her accent.

She wore a short dress with a black belt, you know, her typical kind of dress. It was really short and Amy pulled it up a lot, as she often does. I saw one girl saying that she had seen Amy's bum lol. Something red, like a red ribbon was hanging down from underneath her dress. I'm not quite sure what that was. She was wearing the pink ballerina-like shoes that she wears so much.
I have heard people saying that she looks skinnier in real life than on tv etc., but I don't think so. I thought she looked exactly the same as on the internet. Really exactly the same.

Zalon was there, but the other background singer (the round one lol) was replaced by someone else. I would have liked the normal singer better because the new singer didn't really have, you know, the moves.

I took pictures and filmed 15 short bits. The sound quality of the videos will be very very poor, but it's better than nothing I guess. The pictures aren't really wonderful either. I will upload the videos later on and post the link.

I'm tired, have blistered feet and a sunburn, but I loved it. When Amy was gone, I walked back to my friends with a big smile upon my face. Now I am a happy girl again.

You can see a clip here: http://www.vrtnieuws..._Werchter_Dag3#
Click "Amy Winehouse kortgerokt" next to the image. The beginning is someone else but it also shows her. This is from a tv news site so I don't know long the video will be up though.

Posted Image

Professional photos here: http://www.amywineho...id=3805#pid3805
  • RonaldMi likes this

#2 graduatedfool

graduatedfool

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

Great report, thanks! Awesome that you got to see her!!

#3 real_guy

real_guy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

Wow, great ! Its cool you had a great time ... I also live in Belgium and eventually thought Id go to Werchter to see Amy but as shes coming back in October, I thought Id wait lol Anyway, her performance at Rock Werchter could be watched live on RW site but I only managed to rip the last song (Rehab). So if you guys want, I can upload it...

#4 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

^ That would be great. I didn't know Amy was coming in October so that is why I went to Rock Werchter.

#5 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

great review, i could feel your excitement reading it!! thanks for the pics...

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

Thanks. I didn't expect any comments on the review itself. I was very excited indeed (and still am).

#7 thebronx

thebronx

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

dope! she looks great.

#8 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Wow, I have never heard about the song "Cupid". Are you sure this is the correct name??? I have yet to see her live. I bought a ticket for her concert in April in Berlin, bought my flight tickets (from Latvia), but she cancelled the gig. The concert is now scheduled for October 15, I have bought my flight tickets again (this time it was cheap, coz I booked so well in advance), but still she better not cancel it again.

#9 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Wow, I have never heard about the song "Cupid". Are you sure this is the correct name???

It's a cover. She did it at Glastonbury too:

#10 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

It's a cover. She did it at Glastonbury too:

Thanks a lot!!! I will it check it out NOW!!! :shout:

#11 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Sounds liek you had a great time! Thanks for the awesoem report!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users