11 replies to this topic

#1 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

I hate to say this - but, Amy please get your freakin act together. Cut down on the drinking and please, please stop using cocaine. You are amazingly talented - don't let B to B be the highlight of your life. Although Blake may be utterly devoted to you (and to be fair to him, we have no reason to believe that he isn't); if you are both in that same self-destructive, 'let's get f****d up' mode, then I can never, ever see you working again; never mind making another masterpiece like B to B. The fans can't take it any more. Why would they buy a ticket to one of your gigs only to see you a) cancel B) pull a 'G.A.Y.' and run offstage after one song or c) be so hammered that you sound like c**p and forget the lyrics. Please, Amy - we love you and adore you because you are unique and strong and you don't play the celebrity game. Go hang out with Mark Ronson and Juliette who adore you. You are our goddess, and we love you. Take Care of yourself and your talent. Love, Lainey

#2 Mandy

Mandy

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

Yes and let me come with you to Ronson's so I can be his wife and make babies. ^^^^I agree with all the above. Although, I'm not really sure about the Blake situation anymore. I mean you don't really know what's going through Amy's head. Maybe she's just in a weird funk/depression from the fame, and being followed and being written about all the time. It happens.

#3 tayder

tayder

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

i kinda agree with you, but it is her life, shes not going to stop doing what she wants, and break up with the man she loves, for her fans.

#4 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

Agree too. But I don't want to know what's going to happen when she losed Blake. She's going to be broken. I don't know if she would be able to take that now.

#5 Bytheway2001

Bytheway2001

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

I agree but................. It's her life, I just hope it does'nt ruin her career as a singer. What would we do without Amy ? John

#6 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

No she doesnt have to do it for her fans but for herself. Gorgeous avatar, Sarah!

#7 bebek

bebek

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

Exactly, she needs to get right for herself. She'll be a stronger woman, a better performer, etc. if she can get healthy. Of course, we don't want her to lose herself and become one of those cookie cutter artists, she still needs to be her deep, raw, emotional, fucked up self, but there are healthier ways to be those things, lol.

#8 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:17 AM

it's her path to follow, to trip up and make mistakes from which to grow. success that young can be a double edge sword. it was really hard to stand by and watch Boy George self destruct, as immensley talented and successful as he was, and so young...

#9 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

[quote name='Mandy']
Yes and let me come with you to Ronson's so I can be his wife and make babies.

Yes, Mandy - Ronson IS a doll!

#10 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

it's her path to follow, to trip up and make mistakes from which to grow. success that young can be a double edge sword. it was really hard to stand by and watch Boy George self destruct, as immensley talented and successful as he was, and so young...

True, Dat.
And thanks for all the responses. The last thing any of us want is for Amy to become cookie-cutter. We love her b/c she is who she is. I just don't want her to be anything other than amazing. If she is exhausted (and she damn well should be) then why not cancel all upcoming dates for the next month or so and re-schedule for later in the year? She really has been touring non-stop. I'm sure the fans won't mind waiting.....

#11 catswithpokers

catswithpokers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

*sigh* love is a losing game! and we are lovers of hers. perhaps we're gonna lose her to domestic life. she claims she wants kids but shes clearly doing some shady deeds. i'm sad cause shes drifting hella far......

#12 schrei483

schrei483

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:55 AM

I agree with most of what you wrote, and I adore Amy more than I can say, I truly believe she is the more talented of our generation...But shes 23 years old, yes still young, but a women obviously in control of her life. Although I'd be really sad to see her leave the recording world, whether on her own or due to addictions/etc, I'd much rather know that she is happy then have her wasting time making records when shes not even into it anymore...but it was sweet what you wrote, and mostly true...all the best amy! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users