92 replies to this topic

#1 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

Hi, All - I'm not in the UK, so - Did Amy show up tonite at Eden?? I really, really hope so!! If anyone saw her, how was it?

#2 nedthehead

nedthehead

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

It´s now 00.10 hrs on Wednesday morning and I can´t find any confirmation as to whether she did or didn´t do the Eden gig. Let´s hope she´s picked herself up and put on a good show.

#3 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

yer i tried to search it too, cant find anything, maybe she did do her gig, because i cant find anything on it not a bad or good word anywhere.

#4 curehead

curehead

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

i think she did it cos usually nme would post something if she didn't, and blake said she would so i think it still went on.

#5 CNN

CNN

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

Amy had more than a few good reasons to decline the gig:

Posted ImageThe Eden Project Arms Trade Trustees.Posted Image

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

http://www.eden-project.co.uk/ looks like she was there, pic 7 17, says latest pictures

#7 MusicJunky

MusicJunky

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:09 AM

Wahay! She was there! http://www.eden-proj...y-v-7179744.jpg

#8 DeepSeaDiver

DeepSeaDiver

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

Hi I`m brand new to this forum. I saw last nights concert at Eden and had high hopes; my wife is a huge fan. The first 5 or 6 songs went well but then after attempting a bit of dialog with the audience, she ran off stage for some reason the it all seemed to fall apart. At times Ami seemed in great distress smacking her face and wiping her eyes. She than spent 10 mins sat down while she introduced the band, slurring. She went off stage after 50 mins, then came back and did a very rough Zutons"Valerie" which she barely made it through bashing herself on the head with her microphone several times. The encore was very reluctant, and we barely had an hour of music, which for 30 quid a ticket I was not happy with. This girl is a major talent, her band was shit-hot and the set fantastic but I would have to seriously consider paying money to see her again until she sorts her head out. I felt uncomfortable watching her at times. Unless this is some sort of clever I-wanna-be-Billie Holliday act, which I don`t think it is.

#9 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:43 AM

What a very sad concert review. I am going tonight but by the sound of it she certainly is not enjoying playing live. You do wonder what pressure is being put on to play larger venues and when you have thousands waiting to see you it must be an enormous pressure to be under.

#10 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

ooooh, you seeing Lily Allen tonight? Let us know what that's like please. It's such a shame that she put on such a bad show. I hope it's better on Friday

#11 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

maybe shes bored and tired if thats even possible but who knows

#12 AmyJinks

AmyJinks

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

Anyone heard if Liverpool is still on tonight?

#13 littleali

littleali

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

best bloody had be haha

#14 terriefarrell

terriefarrell

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:34 PM

Well i went to see her at the eden project and to say it was worryin was an understatement. I'm new to the forum too and couldn't wait to see her, obviously unsure as to whether or not she was going to turn up. Fully agree with DeepSeaDivers account. Although i would add that when she ran off after the banter, she came back after about two minutes and from where i was (right in the front with a view ofboth the wings) she seemedto have words with Blake and then came back on crying...she cried through two songs and it was so sad to see. From there she went rapidly down hill and after singing another five or six slurred songs...she ended 'me and mr jones' by saying ''fuck....' and then spitting at someone in the crowd. She walked off and after about 10 minutes came back on ..looked at the guys on the right and said 'we'll do fucking 'valerie' and then that's it'...she slurred through that banging the microphone hard against her forehead and even once slapped herself in the face...then before the music ended she ran off, leaving the backing singers to pick up the pieces. If ever there was a public nervous breakdown that was it. She really needs help or it could be the most talented british artist in years up in flames......or god forbid, even worse.

#15 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the review. That's so sad. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users