7 replies to this topic

#1 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:58 AM

here are some of the interesting questions, Tim Blanks interviewer Inside the Dangerous World of Amy Winehouse TB: when you're performing, do you feel like you're channeling something? i've seen you look completely lost in the music. the way your body moves, it's almost like you want it to do something it just can't do, but you've got to get it out. AW: Yeah, i suppose that's just being musical. I know alot of people do interviews, and they talk at length about things, but I'm not like that. TB: Once you can explain the magic, it disappears? AW: Yeah, I just enjoy it. TB: What's it feel like to sing? Is it like sex? AW: I don't think so, 'cause when you're singing, you always know what's going to happen next. it's pretty much the same show every time. i'm really bad, because i'm very quiet on stage as well. I should watch more shows, so I can see where I should talk more. TB: Do you want to talk to the audience? Do you feel you need to? AW: I feel like the audience wants more. I don't give them enough. Maybe that's just me being (pauses) neurotic. TB: When you were growing up, did you feel like an outsider at school, for example? AW: I really liked school, I liked learning. But I suppose if you don't feel like an outsider, you never do anything outside of the box, do you? So I must have felt like an outsider a bit. But it's not a sob story. TB: Do you think women are utimately stronger than men? AW: I think men and women have different strengths; there's alot of strength in kindness. Men can be kind-my husband's very kind. TB: Do you think men are more selfish? AW: I don't think selfishness is specific to sex. I suppose it's how you grow up. Everyone has the potential to be selfish. TB: do you feel he's (Blake) your soul mate? AW: Yeah. We read each other's thoughts. TB: Are you spiritual at all? AW: Yeah, very. I read playing cards. I usually carry them with me. I believe we're watched over. I believe that we're not the only one's here. I believe in fate. TB: Do you think you can change your fate? AW: I say everything happens for a reason. Blake believes you make your own destiny. I suppose they're both true. TB: So there's something more? AW: Than what's put in front of you? Definitely. TB: So you want to have kids? AW: I do really want to have kids. I want a big family. TB: What will be the lesson you'll teach them? AW: Be yourself. Don't be afraid to be different. TB: What would you like people to know about you that they don't know already? AW: I don't care what they think of me. I'm a sweet person. But I don't care. I don't care. TB: Your friends are your old friends, which is always a good sign AW: Yeah, my best friends are from school when I was growing up. But I spend all my time with my husband. He's my best friend. He knows me so well. TB: What you're doing now-this tour for example- could you do it if he weren't there? AW: I could do it if I didn't know him, but I do, so I do need him. I am in love with him. TB: Are you ambitious? AW: No I'm not very ambitious at all. I almost didn't come to this concert. I almost didn't go to the gig in Sweden yesterday. I almost didn't go to the Isle of Wight. I almost didn't do it. I just want him to be happy. And if for some reason he's unhappy, then it just floors me. TB: So you would stay and make him happy rather than go off to the gig? AW: Yeah, even if it's just a three minute thing. I did a gig yesterday without him, and I went out afterward without him. I got really drunk, came back to the bus, and fell asleep. When I woke up, I was really hungover, and I was horrible this morning. I hate being like that. TB: Have you made up? [Winehouse says nothing, just nods hesitantly. Then, to her visible relief, her tour manager arrives to take her to an appointment with a local tv crew. She wants a cup of soup from the buffet. We sit with her while she has a number of shots at composing a note to her husband.] During the show itself, Winehouse seems to enjoy herself most doing the ska-influenced track, when she is interacting with her backing vocalist, who towers above her. Her performance is a little loosey-goosey, made more so by the hair of the dog she's chugging throughout. Then, as soon as they're off stage, the band is on a tour bus to Finland and another festival. Winehouse doesn't make the stage that night. Missing a gig is not unheard of in the annals of music legends, but, along with her litany of other tabloid-friendly behavioral lapses it is symptomatic of a larger, more troubling theme that seems to be developing in Winehouse's life of late. Success is clearly well within her reach, but, equally clearly, she is motivated by things other than it's pursuit. Why should it be a surprise that Winehouse is ready to lose it all for love? According to the hard-won wisdom of Back to Black, she's already well aware that love is a losing game. Interview August 2007 intersting note...the following page is an article on Grace Slick, with a wonderful pic of Grace and Janis Joplin. Amy is in great company!!!!!
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

Thank you loads for posting this! Very interesting. She sounds unsure of herself in these first number of questions too. "AW: No I'm not very ambitious at all. I almost didn't come to this concert. I almost didn't go to the gig in Sweden yesterday. I almost didn't go to the Isle of Wight. I almost didn't do it. I just want him to be happy. And if for some reason he's unhappy, then it just floors me. TB: So you would stay and make him happy rather than go off to the gig? AW: Yeah, even if it's just a three minute thing..." :shrug:

#3 pinkness

pinkness

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

hi kevd7, could you scan the picture of Janis and Grace Slick? please!! I'm a big fan of Janis too ^^ thanks ;)

#4 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

"....AW: No I'm not very ambitious at all. I almost didn't come to this concert. I almost didn't go to the gig in Sweden yesterday. I almost didn't go to the Isle of Wight. I almost didn't do it. I just want him to be happy. And if for some reason he's unhappy, then it just floors me.

TB: So you would stay and make him happy rather than go off to the gig?
AW: Yeah, even if it's just a three minute thing..."

Hopefully she won't be consequently ending her career because of this...:nono:

I hate to say this ... :old: but .... I was the same when I was her age. After a couple of years you learn that it is not a wise decision to give up your life/your self for "love". You become frustrated after all and become boring for your partner because you lost what once was your personality. It is always the same story that can be read everywhere all over again and again.

But I know it is no use to try and tell somebody in her position - very young and very much in love...time will tell and she will find her own way. Although from my point of view it is rather predictable what's goin to happen. Let's hope the best that they will proof common sense wrong.:fingerscrossed:

#5 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

hi kevd7, could you scan the picture of Janis and Grace Slick?
please!! I'm a big fan of Janis too ^^
thanks
;)

love to, can you tell me how?

#6 pinkness

pinkness

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

love to, can you tell me how?

well, if you don't have a scanner but you do have a numeric camera, maybe you could sne dthe picture to pinknessemilie@hotmail.fr ^^
but it's not that important, I mean I won't be mad because you an't lol

#7 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

thanks for the article, i like hearing new questions, even if i don't like their answers. : /

#8 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

Much appreciated, kev. I like the fact that this interviewer does not ask the typical questions. It was very interesting. I like the fact that Amy says Blake is kind - that is very sweet!
  • Love is a losing game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users