4 replies to this topic

#1 GazaB1

GazaB1

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Ok not very well up on how this forum works, But there are a lot of people on here who care about you, ok you probably realise that!All i wanted to say was when i first saw/heared you on Jooles Holland show Xmas, i fell in love with you and that awesome voice. Now before all this goes to your head, can i also say the BAND is F...in awesome too!, Please don't forget them, i know you are under pressure right now and i hope Blake is taking care of you. Me I am Probably old enough to be your Dad, Does that embaress you! Hope not, Take care ,Know what you are goin through, Honest. Take Care of each other...Gaza...

#2 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

Ok not very well up on how this forum works, But there are a lot of people on here who care about you, ok you probably realise that!All i wanted to say was when i first saw/heared you on Jooles Holland show Xmas, i fell in love with you and that awesome voice.
Now before all this goes to your head, can i also say the BAND is F...in awesome too!, Please don't forget them, i know you are under pressure right now and i hope Blake is taking care of you.
Me I am Probably old enough to be your Dad, Does that embaress you! Hope not, Take care ,Know what you are goin through, Honest.
Take Care of each other...Gaza...

I've been looking at this site as a guest for several days in search of some accurate information and your message prompted me to join. I'm definitely old enough to be Amy's father! Until Amy came along I pretty much only listened to 50s jazz and 60s soul. I'm astonished that she can re-create the feeling of both stlyes not only in covers but especially in new compositions of her own. You're right, the Jools Holland shows are amazing, I play them over and over again. So, Amy, if you see these posts don't feel you have to be "back at work on Monday" (as one talboid put it). I've waited nearly forty years for music of this quality, I'm sure your other loyal fans can wait a few more weeks for you to tour again. Get well. Chris

#3 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Hey welcome Chris!

#4 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

ditto chris, old enuf to be her dad as well, and Amy has got me re acquainting myself with old Dinah Washington, Sara Vaughn lp's in my vinyl collection and sixties soul in general. Haven't been moved by a vocalist in this way in a long, long time...

#5 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

ditto chris, old enuf to be her dad as well, and Amy has got me re acquainting myself with old Dinah Washington, Sara Vaughn lp's in my vinyl collection and sixties soul in general. Haven't been moved by a vocalist in this way in a long, long time...

Yes, this is a real special talent and hard to do her justice in words but if you look at the comments posted below her youtube accoustic sessions you'll see this classic comment:

How the F*** are you soooooo Awesome??!!!! Man I live in Chicago and I swear like I've said this before....she's like possesed by some 40 year old black woman on the South Side of Chicago....For the freaking fact that shes barely an adult her previous life must've have been crazy.....She sooooooo Rules its mind boggling!!! I soooooo love her.....God Shes soooooooo my HERO!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users