43 replies to this topic

#1 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

Here's another article I found this morning: Producer's fury as the star snubs vid shoot for holiday 31/08/2007 Troubled singer Amy Winehouse's erratic behaviour is now alienating the very people who have made her a star. Mark Ronson - who helped produce her multiple awardwinning album Back To Black - has vowed never to work with the Rehab star again after she pulled out of a video shoot at the last minute. We hear that 31-year-old Mark "hit the roof" after Amy threw a sickie the day before. What really upset him were the photos of her frolicking in the Caribbean with druggy hubby Blake Fielder-Civil on the day the shoot was scheduled to take place. The video was for a cover of The Zutons song Valerie, the third single from Ronson's album Version on which Amy provides the vocals - she also includes the song in her live sets. When she turns up, that is... Our insider reveals: "After all the hassle that Amy created by pulling out of the video shoot, seeing pictures of her living it up on a tropical island infuriated Mark - and justifiably so. "He has been hugely concerned about Amy and considers her a great friend. But he's telling friends their working relationship is over for good. "They'd had the shoot for the Valerie video scheduled for ages and he'd hired one of the best directors in the business, who's worked with Justin Timberlake and Gnarls Barkley. "When Amy called Mark on Monday, just a day before the shoot, she said she couldn't make it to the set as she was 'really ill'. "She asked if it could be put back until she felt better and Mark was very sympathetic - even though it was a huge headache for him." By then it was too late to postpone the shoot - thousands of pounds had already been spent getting everything in place. So Mark ended up having to use an Amy lookalike in the '60sinfluenced video, which also stars former Jamiroquai star Stuart Zender wearing high-heels. Our source adds: "Amy mentioned nothing about a holiday to Mark who feels totally let down by her. He has done so much for her but now it looks as if it's a one-way street." There are now concerns that Amy will be a no-show for a second video due to be shot for the remix of Valerie - a version remixed by UK hip-hop producer Baby J and featuring Mark Ronson and a series of UK rappers. Last night, a spokesperson for Mark said they had no comment on what had gone on. Amy has also annoyed organisers of next week's MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas by pulling out on Wednesday with only days to spare. Get your act together, love - or soon you won't have any friends left! http://www.mirror.co...89520-19713478/

#2 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

I just found this but thanks for posting it any way. I cant wait to see what the Amy lookalike looked like!!!

#3 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

You can't blame him for being annoyed!

#4 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

I am sceptical about this press report, everyone knows her present state of mind. Yes, it probably has caused a massive headache for him with the cancellation of the shoot commitments, but I bet he doesn't hold a grudge against her personally! He's her friend, and it would be only natural for him to be concerned about her as much as everyone else, the press have sensationalised it again, after "hearing" these so called reports from an unknown insider!! It isn't as if she just didn't turn up, they say she did ring him the day before, but didn't mention going on holiday. So what, it is a break to get better, and after all the recent press coverage, the last thing she would want is them turning up at the airport to "wave" them off, so perhaps she didn't mention it! I bet he just wishes her well, just like we all do!

#5 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

i nwould have loved her to be in the video. :(

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

boy, i think the title of this article says it all. talk about a fluff piece full of exaggerations, hard to take seriously, for me anyway

#7 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

You can't blame him for being annoyed!

True dat.

#8 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

I hope you're right Kevd, I think Ronson's contribution to BTB was important but surely he wouldn't not work with the best these is over one missed video shoot.

#9 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

I hope you're right Kevd, I think Ronson's contribution to BTB was important but surely he wouldn't not work with the best these is over one missed video shoot.

But if someone's cried off sick & then buggered off to the Carribean you wouldn't be happy. Especially with how much video's cost to shoot!

But is tabloid report & prob hugely exaggerated!

#10 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

I understand her, in these situations after feeling so bad, you need some time to get yourself together. The thing that she has been lying on the beach the same day of the shooting does not mean she's ok. She needs to rest and forget about everything for a while. Love you Amy. Take all the time you need but sort yourself out, right?

#11 littleali

littleali

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

i think (if its true) he's being a bit of a brat yes she let him down, but everyone who knows her now realises she's hit a wall and needs a break, why would someone who's concerned for amy begrudge her a break if thats what she feels she needs? when she said "ill" that doesnt necessrilly mean physically, maybe she meant mentally

#12 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:37 PM

its like when you call in sick to work and get busted at a baseball game on the big screen. I dont blame ronson for how he feels(if report is true)

#13 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

But if someone's cried off sick & then buggered off to the Carribean you wouldn't be happy. Especially with how much video's cost to shoot!

But is tabloid report & prob hugely exaggerated!

True, but just about a year ago he produces her on the best album for decades, possibly ever, and now he's saying never again, hopefully the last bit is the tabloid exaggeration

#14 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

[/b]her health (mental and physical) is more important than all the money he can get for Valerie
FOR GOD'S SAKE, SHE NEEDS A BREAK
REST,BABY,REST

#15 littleali

littleali

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

its like when you call in sick to work and get busted at a baseball game on the big screen. I dont blame ronson for how he feels(if report is true)

i personally dont think its ANYTHING like pulling a sickie to watch baseball

she did it for her own well being, not to disrepect anyone (IMO)

i dont think the 2 compare to be honest.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users