Photo
- - - - -

Which album do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Frank (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

2. Back to Black (56 votes [76.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

^ Thanks for the reminder. This has to be in my top ten Amy photos. She's so radiant here.
  • RonaldMi, AlexBam and ThomasKago like this
"I've got hair like them"

#32 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

^ Thanks for the reminder. This has to be in my top ten Amy photos. She's so radiant here.

Absolutely. Has to be in my top 10 too.
  • RonaldMi and ThomasKago like this
What kind of fuckery is this

#33 Cat

Cat

Miss Fitness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

I fell in love with Frank in 2003 and whilst I love Back To Black, Frank is my favorite of the two. Her vocals are different on Frank, they're powerful but without the grit on B2B which is not a criticism. It's merely a different kind of intensity than that of B2B. The lyrics, melodies and vocal nuances of Frank make it superior. But, honestly, it's like comparing fudge to caramel...... they're both delicious.
  • RonaldMi and ThomasKago like this

#34 Tattoo

Tattoo

Yeah, baby. . .and the rest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

My favorite is definitely Back to Black. It's pumped with more intense feeling, and all ym favorite Amy songs are on there. I can't really explain why I love it much more than Frank.
Posted Image

#35 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

I see Frank as this big sprawling epic, covering multiple topics such as unrequited love, family issues, breaking up with the one you love, casual sex (!), infidelity, drugs and relationship frustrations. It's her magnum opus, covering all the things she had been through in her life up to that point. It's flawed, but can be forgiven because of the sheer depth and scope of it.
Back to Black on the other hand is like a sharp, concise snapshot of a point in her life. Its short, to the point and flawless. All the songs (bar a couple) share the same topic of interest, and they beautifully sum up what she was going through at that particular point in time.
This is why I feel the two albums are so different, and why I cannot pick one over the other. Each has their place at the top of my collection though!

#36 FranciscoUK23

FranciscoUK23

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

Back To Black.. It's like it was talking about my life..
I like Frank too.. jazzy :)
Just me, my dignity and this guitar case...

#37 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

I used to love both equally...but "Back to black" owns ALL my heart right now.

#38 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

Oh I can't vote. I love em both equally. Its two different style of Amy, her jazzy style, which I LOOOOVE her jazz voice, and her soul style, which I also LOOOOVE that deep, sadness in her voice. Cannot decide. Decision...decisions...
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#39 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:50 AM

i'm with you at this point. it's like, i can't pick between Joni Mitchell's work either and never could. with some singer/songwriters i guess it's easier than with others. Amy is in the latter category for me.

#40 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

I love them equally.

Before I got Frank, I thought it might not be as good because it was her first album, and I prepared myself for that possibility. But it didn't take long after I started listening to it for me to realize that I had struck gold again. Which was a great feeling--how often in life do you find something that gives you great pleasure and then shortly thereafter you find something else that doubles the pleasure?

If her third album is on the same level as the first two, I'm just going to be truly dumbfounded by the woman. It's Mozart reincarnated as a popular musician if that happens, I say.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#41 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Thats a question I have never been able to answer!
I love both from the bottom of my heart. While waiting for Back to Black to come out I was nervous that after such a long break, it may not live up to expectation, once I heard it, it just took my breath away, and has done everyday since, every time I hear it it is like listening to it for the first time and I fall in love all over again, so after that long winded answer, I love both equally.. lol
Posted Image

#42 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

^I love them both too, in the deluxe editions, but both in different ways. With the third underway, there's a possibility of an Amy Trinity, taking into account that she's all about love in all its manifestations.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#43 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

I'm in B2B mode for a few months now.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#44 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

They're different yet...they're BOTH amazing.
B2B means so much to me though so i have to go with it.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#45 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

All of it for me. Both have everything you want in good music :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users