Photo
- - - - -

Which album do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you prefer? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Frank (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

2. Back to Black (56 votes [76.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 ovenaries

ovenaries

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

I Preffer Frank. I think Amy's first album is mostly emotional, and Back to black's like... more comercial. I love B2B but Frank's the best for me!! :)
  • DavinAgog, RonaldMi, AlexBam and 1 other like this

#47 Divine411

Divine411

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

I pick Frank...stronger than me is my fav on Frank,....reminds me of a guy is used to date...lol
  • RonaldMi and AlexBam like this

#48 Guest_Strawberrie_*

Guest_Strawberrie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Frank.
But i love B2B, listen to it everyday.

But Frank is special..
Lol, i think everyone here prefer B2B.
^^

#49 Guest_aldrich taylora_*

Guest_aldrich taylora_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I prefer Back to Black album. this album is so amazing album. the songs of this albums are very nice.The words of these albums are very nice if you listen this album i hope you will listen again and again these album songs.

#50 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

I Preffer Frank. I think Amy's first album is mostly emotional, and Back to black's like... more comercial. I love B2B but Frank's the best for me!! :)

Interesting! It seems the opposite to me! Frank seemed more like a showcase of her talent where as to me it seemed Back to Black was something she emotionally had to record through her feelings and what she was going through. Back to Black feels more genuine to me and even though it did commercially better, it feels less commercial than Frank. Absolutely Love Frank though.

#51 Just a Musician

Just a Musician

Amy's pocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I like Frank but Back to Black is a masterpiece for me.. It's more mature, her voice too, lyrics are brilliant and i like "We tried.." thing. Amy tells us her story and that story is her album.. It's so personal, deep, honest, powerful, emotional. I'm crying and smiling at the same time while i'm listening to it. Her pain and love created one true timeless album.
"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."

#52 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Frank. It sooo many creative twists and turns that my mind gets tired listening to it about half way thru.

I adore B2B and declare that it is PERFECTION.
Music, Lyrics, Voice, Emotion
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#53 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

For me, it's BTB. Of course I love both for different reasons and it depends on my mood, as well. But I think BTB is pure Amy. That is, I feel that on Frank, the finished work was a bit of dilution of what Amy had in mind (and she's said as much, herself). Plus, I like the instrumentation and classic sound/feel of BTB...it sounds like a concept album to me.

#54 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have to be in a certain mood to listen to Frank. It sooo many creative twists and turns that my mind gets tired listening to it about half way thru.

I adore B2B and declare that it is PERFECTION.
Music, Lyrics, Voice, Emotion

I agree...sometimes I wish Frank were condensed into a shorter work, and some of the tracks moved to a bonus disc or something. BTB's brevity is one of its strengths...less=more.

#55 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

As much as I love Frank, I definitely prefer Back To Black.

I really really like Frank because obviously, the talent, the originality, the honesty are already there, and there are many songs that I love on it. But to me it feels like the album kind of goes here and there, without a really clear artistic direction (err, not sure that that last sentence really makes sense, wish my English was better. Hope you get what I'm trying to say,..), and I agree, maybe it would have been (even) better had it been more condensed. In fact, I have to admit I rarely listen to the album from start to finish. I generally listen to some of the songs ( What Is It About Men, Help Yourself, Amy Amy Amy, Moody's Mood For Love, In My Bed, Take The Box, Fuck Me Pumps, I Heard Love Is Blind, October Song, Mr Magic) depending on the mood of the moment.

Back To Black, on the other hand is, well, perfection I don't know (I don't know if such a thing exists), but it definitely is a masterpiece to me, no less. Less than 40 minutes long, but there's so so so much in those thirty-something minutes... Less is more, I agree. Great great music, great great lyrics, great great voice, and the emotion, my god, words can't express the roller coaster of emotions I've been, go through with this record...
But apart from its greatness, I prefer Back to Black because it's really special to me, for personal reasons. When it came into my life (late 2007/early 2008), I was going through a really really tough time (well, depression, basically), and I could relate to the emotions in the album so much... Listened to it many many many times on repeat until very late into the night... And now, when I listen to it, I sometimes think about how it helped me through those "black" days, and I'll be forever thankful for that...

Edited by Nasha, 03 February 2012 - 08:58 AM.

"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#56 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

I cannot chose.

With "Frank," the musical compositions are so mature and complex for someone of her years. The harmonies, progressions, melodies, and words are intelligent and clever. Her lyrics are satirical, witty, and, at times, humorous. Her vocals are powerful, obviously, and her voice soars with the greatest of ease through remarkable runs and scatting.

"Back to Black" unleashes the dark side of Amy's life through lyrics which are just as intelligent as "Frank." This time, however, she sings about how she handles her break up through drinking and sorrow. She is not shy about admitting to her pitfalls, but remains the genius musician that she was. Her gloomy lyrics are paralleled with her music which loudly echoes the wall-of-sound style of the 1960s.

Both albums, in my opinion, are masterpieces and landmarks of music history. It is too difficult for me to chose as each album has its own level of mastery.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users