16 replies to this topic

#1 Hattieamy

Hattieamy

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Just wondering how many times people have seen her and what they thought of her live? I've seen her once at the Eden Sessions this year, and performed fairly well despite being in obvious distress. Well, I didn't think it was as bad as the press made out. I had a great time anyway. :thumbup:

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

I went to see her at Rock Werchter (the biggest festival of the country). It was the last gig she did before cancelling everything for two weeks or so, so I've been very lucky (especially because I didn't care about any of the other bands and tickets are quite expensive). It was nice, I really enjoyed it although the set had to be cut short because she started 25 minutes late.

#3 greenlol

greenlol

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

Hi everyone I put a message on another thread asking if anyone had a set list from any of the gigs. I just wondered what kind of stuff she plays live. I'm going to Brighton this November .... can not wait !!

#4 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

Most of the times she plays these songs (not in this order): Addicted Just Friends Valerie Rehab You Know I'm No Good Back To Black Me & Mr Jones He Can Only Hold Her Tears Dry On Their Own Wake Up Alone Love Is A Losing Game ... Also Monkey Man, Hey Little Rich Girl, You're Wondering Now, Cupid; but that can change from gig to gig. She has not done any gigs for a long time and a lot has happened since her last gig, so maybe she'll change the songs...

#5 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

february - carling academy, liverpool - amazing july - summer pops, liverpool, - amazing similar set lists at each gig i hope for the november tour she changes it up and does some new covers or different tracks

#6 greenlol

greenlol

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the set-list ..... but its all from Back to Black, with a few covers. Doesnt she do anything from Frank ... which a great record !!

#7 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:37 PM

Nope, she hardly ever does Frank. I saw an interview when they asked her how she could fit the songs of Frank in, and she said: "We don't, I just do the new album now because they are quite different". You don't play any old songs? "It depends, sometimes, only a couple though."

#8 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:37 PM

at the february gig she did do tracks from frank, she opened with "know you now" and did "fuck me pumps" most of the time it appears she 'wings it' like she has an idea of what tracks she wants to do and then fills in gaps with others she feels like doing at the gig in february people kept shouting for pumps but she kept saying, "no, it wont fit"

#9 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

She might throw in Cherry or Take It In The Box too on some occasions.

#10 monkeybum

monkeybum

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

february - carling academy, liverpool - amazing
july - summer pops, liverpool, - amazing
similar set lists at each gig

i hope for the november tour she changes it up and does some new covers or different tracks

I was at the summer pops and at the arctics gig and they both had similar set lists. I hope that the new tour will have some new covers as new stuff would be unlikely

#11 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:44 PM

I was at the summer pops and at the arctics gig and they both had similar set lists. I hope that the new tour will have some new covers as new stuff would be unlikely

i was think the same, maybe she'll do some new material, bt then said, nah she wont, but then remembered, the video on youtube where she did an early version of addicted clearly from a few years back, so maybe she'll do some new stuff, dunno, but either way ill love it when i go to see her in november

#12 greenlol

greenlol

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

New material would be great , but the official site mentions a sneak preview of 'New Material' ..... and you get Back to Black !! I have another tour question. Anyone know who the band are ? The bits I've seen of Glastonbury and others show they are a really tight outfit.... and the two backing singers are terrific.

#13 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

I saw her at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood in March. She performed with the Dap-Kings! It was an INCREDIBLE show... and I was VERY lucky to see it. She was supposed to do a 2nd show in Hollywood the next day, but cancelled at the last minute.

#14 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:35 PM

Sadly I haven't seen her in concert. My sisters boyfriend saw her at Glastonbury earlier this year.

#15 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

I went to see her at Rock Werchter (the biggest festival of the country). It was the last gig she did before cancelling everything for two weeks or so, so I've been very lucky (especially because I didn't care about any of the other bands and tickets are quite expensive).
It was nice, I really enjoyed it although the set had to be cut short because she started 25 minutes late.

Saw her a second time a bit more than 2 weeks ago. It was great.

I have tickets to her gig in Brixton on the 23rd, don't think it's going to happen though (and if it does... I'll be scared to go)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acrylic., amy, art, portrait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users