#61 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

YouTube comment to Don't Go To Strangers:

somebodysdaughter (2 weeks ago)
This is just heaven on a stick. What a pair and beautifully sung and played by all. Check out the way Amy tears it up at the end, then even before she's properly finished, gives Weller massive props and he, being so lovely and unassuming, just looks a bit embarrassed: "oh my God, you just took that song over and you're giving ME my props?...errrmm,ok..." This is a truly lovely moment in music for me : )

• Markvadly likes this

#62 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

amy reaches into your guts, twists them around, makes you laugh, make you dance, haunts you and leaves you wanting more.

http://www.amazon.ca...#R39FQGXV0RQ4KT

saskia noordzij (montreal)
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#63 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

Conclusion: The internet is mainly positive on the subject of amy winehouse, according to Google

http://www.whatdoest...house&st=google

#64 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

Conclusion: The internet is mainly positive on the subject of amy winehouse, according to Google

http://www.whatdoest...house&st=google

Yay! the masses win over the tabloids!
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#65 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Michael Jackson beats Amy's record for ticket refunds:

Cohen says the previous biggest refund was an Amy Winehouse tour, cancelled mid-tour on health grounds in November 2007. "It was in the tens of thousands [of pounds] as opposed to the millions," he says. "There were no problems there - it's a very easy, simple procedure."

http://www.billboard...d30eed69455414b

#66 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

Amy Winehouse - Frank
- Included in the 2006 book, “1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die,” edited by Robert Dimery, Amy Winehouse’s debut album, “Frank,” is a mixed treat of soul and jazz with R&B as the delicious topping. Recorded when she was only 19 years old, you will probably be skeptical about another Milli Vanilli stunt while listening. With astonishingly crazy singing talent and outstanding rhythms, the album will make you dizzy with excitement.

Winehouse can give any famous singer today a run for their money. Her solid vocal skills are apparent from the kick-start of the record. The Intro showcases her scatting ability reminiscent of Ella Fitzgerald. Following the Intro, “Stronger Than Me” is nasally sung with complements from elephant-sounding brass instruments. With witty lyrics in “F**k Me Pumps,” Winehouse sings with sass and spunk that will make you sing along with a corner upper lip curled as if you were Elvis Presley reincarnated. Sneaking in Frank Sinatra’s swing era vocals, the record is honest and boundless in its vision.

Giving a little bit of hand-clapping, soul-influenced music in “October Song” and “What Is It About Men,” while providing classic sounds in jazz music, like flutes and muted trumpets in “I Heard Love Is Blind” and “Amy Amy Amy,” the album is multi-layered and down-to-earth. Covering two songs, “Moody’s Mood for Love” and “(There Is) No Greater Love,” Winehouse puts the past in the present.

Don’t be surprised that you find yourself putting the album on repeat. The record will make spring cleaning fly by in a snap.

Reviewer: Lailaa Salaam

new
Reviewer's Rating: 9.5
Reader's Rating: 0
Reader's Votes: 0

Rate It

Added: 14-Jul-2009

http://thecelebrityc...view/14396.html
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#67 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

not necessarily an awesome description, and unfortunately too true too often

comment on Back to Black youtube of BBC Sessions
RTiglath (1 week ago)

For a long time I've been hearing gossips about a certain "Amy Winehouse", the English singer who's a drug addict.

Here I am, just trying to see who this person is, and suddenly I stumble into this OVERWHELMINGLY ASTONISHINGLY IMPRESSIVE VOICE!!!

I guess people forgot to tell me SHE'S A HELL OF A GOOD SINGER!  Real talent deserves applause. Ich klatsche Beifall !!!!

#68 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Real talent deserves applause. Ich klatsche Beifall !!!!

Yes it does!
Thank you Google translate!

Translation: German » English
I flap Applause

#69 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:19 AM

from twitter:
MissSuccess: amy winehouse is so talented it's painful

#70 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:34 AM

AMY IS ON FOOKIN STAGE!!!!!

-Amanda, August 22, 2009
Posted Image

#71 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

from twitter:
MissSuccess: amy winehouse is so talented it's painful

Reminds me of that one: "That woman...she`s so fucking talented that it hurts."B-)
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#72 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:26 AM

More sweet YouTube comments:

AMYYY *.* im so happy to hear your real voice again

FUUUCK !!! The AMY IS BACK WITH THAT STUFF RIGHT THERE.... KEEP DOING IT LIKE THAT AYM'S ...JUST LIKE THAT ...DAMN!!! I loved that !!!

when i saw amy i wanted to cry she looks healthy again this made my day.

#73 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

Interesting YouTube comment.

hijackoog (16 hours ago)

Hey, i know her personally and i told you she"s fine and bouncing back! New stuff with Vinni MC, Salaam Remi etc. she's getting over her problems of the last few years and has been off hard drugs for 8 mths! Her biggest hurdle is her emotions over blake and whether she can resist him/ erase him from her mind & life (hope she can but not sure about that one). still the best thing to come out since Specials dropped GHOST TOWN and disappeared! Exciting times ahead!

Posted Image

#74 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

More YouTube comments on the You're Wondering Now clip:

ocdesign8 (1 day ago)

So cool! Rock on Amy! This is awesome.

helenatwo (1 day ago)

Oh my god, she did great! SHINE ON, GIRL<3

hariix (1 day ago)

i cried. i cant believe that the specials (my favourite band) and amy (my favourite artist) performed together and i wasnt there. ive seen them both seperately but the money i wouldve paid to be there. she was amazing. welcome back amy :)

lalalee1 (18 hours ago)

Amy winehouse captivates me everytime I hear her sing!

CheekTV (15 hours ago)

thank god she's back...music has been weak without her x
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#75 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

love these

lalalee1 (18 hours ago)
Amy winehouse captivates me everytime I hear her sing!

CheekTV (15 hours ago)

thank god she's back...music has been weak without her x __________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users