150 replies to this topic

#76 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

from Linda Ronstadt:

So I started listening to Amy Winehouse on YouTube and now I’m like an Amy Winehouse fanatic!”

Wait, have you seen the Amy Winehouse/Linda Ronstadt mashup on YouTube of “You Know I’m No Good”/”You’re No Good?”
Yes! It makes no sense musically, but it’s interesting, and I thought it was funny. I’m just completely flattered to be in anything with Amy Winehouse. If I believed in reincarnation, I would firmly believe that Amy Winehouse is the reincarnation of Maria Callas. Maria Callas is such the ‘grand lady,’ and Amy is such a guttersnipe, and they both are so demonically talented.

http://www.planetout...an-mission.html

#77 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

Lucky 7! The 7 most recent comments on the You're Wondering Now YouTube clip (302,809 views):

sebalo70 (15 minutes ago)

Simplemente la mejor artista que he escuchadoooooooooo

i love AMY WINEHOUSE!!

Saludos desde mexicooooo

ElysesZourare (1 hour ago)

look first at yourself and than you can start bad talking about amy... and you see, she made it. She is back... God bless her!

sillysausagemilly (1 hour ago)

i am sooo happy shes back, she has truly been missed. this has gotta be the best collab ever. love her and the specials.

nigerianwood (4 hours ago)

elle est de retour....quelle joie...j'en suis émue de la voir la, debout jolie la vois assurée et a sa place a coté des spécials

wilco9971 (4 hours ago)

she looks sooo much better

AndreArruda (5 hours ago)

Hope she's back clean and ready to share with us her amazing talent. Luck, Amy. Keep on.

CraxyandGood (5 hours ago)

YEAHhh!! the best is back HauhUAHAHIAH

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 27 August 2009 - 01:21 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#78 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:34 AM

[quote name='Winehousedrunk'][QUOTE]Lucky 7! The 7 most recent comments on the You're Wondering Now YouTube clip (302,809 views):

sebalo70 (15 minutes ago)

Simplemente la mejor artista que he escuchadoooooooooo

i love AMY WINEHOUSE!!

Saludos desde mexicooooo

ElysesZourare (1 hour ago)

look first at yourself and than you can start bad talking about amy... and you see, she made it. She is back... God bless her!

sillysausagemilly (1 hour ago)

i am sooo happy shes back, she has truly been missed. this has gotta be the best collab ever. love her and the specials.

nigerianwood (4 hours ago)

elle est de retour....quelle joie...j'en suis émue de la voir la, debout jolie la vois assurée et a sa place a coté des spécials

wilco9971 (4 hours ago)

she looks sooo much better

AndreArruda (5 hours ago)

Hope she's back clean and ready to share with us her amazing talent. Luck, Amy. Keep on.

CraxyandGood (5 hours ago)

YEAHhh!! the best is back HauhUAHAHIAH

[[/QUOTE]/quote]

Uh-oh....Alan is gonna have to watch it again!
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#79 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

^ Yup! It was great!
Latest 7 from the HD video:

roberdancer (4 hours ago)
beautiful
when she comes back....
shes gonna knock the shit out of us

Jan9902 (4 hours ago)
good for her, about time

195477 (5 hours ago)
Amy out performs The Specials

ivolirjmg (5 hours ago)
Desculpe o meu voto. Foi pura distração. Eu quero dizer que estou tão feliz quanto você por AMY!Sorry my vote. It was pure distraction. I mean I'm as happy as you by AMY!

alainfromfrance (17 hours ago)
looks like she's back, and that's great. We wait new stuff now

alfredvillagran (1 day ago)
I love Amy Winehouse ...

pfas666 (1 day ago)
AMO-TE

#80 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:59 AM

OMG Linda Ronstadt accoldes for Amy, she is so classy. For you youngsters, Linda was the queen of 70's pop, NOONE could touch her. That means alot to me to hear Linda's praise for Amy.

#81 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

You're no good, you're no good, you're no good, baby you're no good.

And if you give me weed, whites and wine

etc.etc.

Linda was bad ass. If you didn't like her English music(impossible)she would tour in Spanish. What a voice.

#82 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

Osbourne writes: "I met Amy at the Brit Awards in 2007. She said, 'Alright, Kel. You've got great t*ts.' I instantly loved her. The Amy I'm so privileged to know is not the Amy in the media. She gives the best advice. All talented people have troubles because they can't come to terms with it. Deep down, all Amy wants to do is have a family, settle down and be left alone. That girl is not stupid."

http://www.contactmu...le-down_1114285

#83 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

on Rock in Rio Lisbon (May the 30th 2008)

I think this comment is really cool, it resumes how i felt that day. I was there, and as i was watching Amy performance and thinking "No! What is wrong with her?" I had mixed feelings towards her performance. But don't know why, something about her pulled me in and kept me there. After the performance, without noticing it, Amy had captivated everyone's hearts, and made lots and lots of dedicated fans...i'm one of them for sure.

Memorable!
by: teixeirinha
Saturday, 31 of May of 2008 to 9:48, 6 points

35 minutes of delay, no voice, didn’t sing all the songs, right hand injured, one cut on the left wrist, forgot some of the lyrics, almost fell down on stage, was completely doped and barely could stand up on her legs (literally). She admitted that she should’ve cancelled for not being at her best and also cried. Still, she tried to appear more animated while singing “Rehab”, “Me and Mr. Jones " and “Valerie”. That was the way Amy Winehouse appeared in public.

Some were there just to watch all the polemic that surrounds this great artist, like this woman who was by my side saying that the only thing her boyfriend knew about Amy was the “no, no, no” from Rehab. Also some wanted her to fail the gig, so they could tell their friends she was too wasted to perform. And of course others vibrated and cried out her name from the beginning until the end. I confess, initially I was perplex with what I was watching, and started to think about the money I spent on the ticket: “I shouldn’t have spent the 53 euros for this! ”. I went to Rock in Rio just because of her, as I always admitted, I know and love Amy’s stuff for a while now. So…little time passed and the disillusion gave place to satisfaction. I got to the front and was able to see her closely. But I didn’t see “Mrs. Amy Winehouse ", as it was announced at her entrance on stage, but I saw “Amy”, that human being that displays its weaknesses to the fans and that demonstrates to be so human just like any other human being attending the show yesterday. It was because of that I became almost delirious, not of happiness, but because I was able too see, not an artist who thinks is God, who is plasticized and surrounded by an aura of perfection which doesn’t correspond to reality, but the artist who is so imperfect like every other person and whose resistance on stage was epic! It was a survival example! C’mon don’t fuck with me: Amy Winehouse gave a memorable gig! We already have enough proof she has great talent. Yesterday, she did not sing as I would want her to, but she sure sent us a great message while on stage…give your best at everything you do, use all your strength, push yourself to the limit (in a good way)! I adored, but now that I already know “Amy”, I’m waiting for the day I’ll meet the “Mrs. Amy Winehouse ".

Edited by ashlee, 02 September 2009 - 07:05 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#84 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:46 AM

For anyone who may have missed 13-yr-old Amy's essay about herself & her ambitions:

All my life I have been loud, to the point of being told to shut up. The only reason I have had to be this loud is because you have to scream to be heard in my family.
My family? Yes, you read it right. My Mum's side is perfectly fine, my Dad's family are the singing, dancing, all-nutty musical extravaganza.
I've been told I was gifted with a lovely voice and I guess my Dad's to blame for that.
Although unlike my Dad, and his background and ancestors, I want to do something with the talents I've been 'blessed' with.
My Dad is content to sing loudly in his office and sell windows. My mother, however, is a chemist. She is quiet, reserved.
I would say that my school life and school reports are filled with 'could do betters' and 'does not work to her full potential'.
I want to go somewhere where I am stretched right to my limits and perhaps even beyond.
To sing in lessons without being told to shut up (provided they are singing lessons).
But mostly I have this dream to be very famous. To work on stage. It's a lifelong ambition.
I want people to hear my voice and just . . . forget their troubles for five minutes.
I want to be remembered for being an actress, a singer, for sellout concerts and sellout West End and Broadway shows.
For being just . . . me.

http://www.dailymail...oving-plea.html

#85 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:25 AM

She's actually achieved all the ambitions she described in that essay except for being an actress and doing West End and Broadway shows. And she did it in a little more than 10 years. Pretty impressive.

I could never see Amy as an actress because she is so much more interesting just being herself.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#86 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

merrylunatic (1 week ago)

Art is the expression of emotion through creative outlet.
If that's not what Amy does, I don't know what is.
Not saying you have to like her music, but there's little doubt that it's art.

on the DL vid of Rehab
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#87 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

on Rock in Rio Lisbon (May the 30th 2008)

I think this comment is really cool, it resumes how i felt that day. I was there, and as i was watching Amy performance and thinking "No! What is wrong with her?" I had mixed feelings towards her performance. But don't know why, something about her pulled me in and kept me there. After the performance, without noticing it, Amy had captivated everyone's hearts, and made lots and lots of dedicated fans...i'm one of them for sure.

Beautiful.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#88 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

How can a voice transmit so much? Well, she is not only sound, she is Amy.

When Mr. Rochester tells Jane (Eyre): "Jane, you are beautiful." Jane replies: "I am not beautiful, I am Jane."
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#89 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:34 AM

A few words about Amy from a BBC radio interview with Kelly Osbourne.

Kelly empathises with her close friend Amy Winehouse who has also battled drug and alcohol problems.

The 24-year-old star said: “I have known Amy for a really long time. Because of what has happened to me [drug addiction] it is easier for me to see through the b.s.

“Amy is a really special and talented person. It is hard to be a woman in this industry.”

http://breakingnews....ion-425678.html
Posted Image

#90 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:59 AM

A review of B2B on Amazon:

8 of 9 people found the following review helpful:
Not Since Barbra Streisand's First Album Have I Felt Like This!!!, June 8, 2007
By Anna V. Carroll - See all my reviews

Celebrating my 65th birthday this year, I thought I had seen and heard it all. Well, obviously not. Kept seeing photos in the NY newspapers of a tiny, black-haired Brit named Amy Winehouse. Who?!! Someone said; Oh, she's a singer. Yeah, right. Then I happened to flip the channel to a night club gig she did in Manhattan and fell off my chair! Her voice pinned me against the wall! WHO IS THIS INCREDIBLE TALENT!? Immediately found her CD, and have totally played a hole in it. Rehab, and Back to Black transport me back to the early 60s when a young, tiny, incredibly brilliant Barbra Streisand came on the scene. Remember those early albums? Remember the feeling you had when you first heard her sing? Thought I could never have that experience again. Barbra, Aretha, Mahalia, Otis. One of a kind. Amy Winehouse is one of a kind.

She is the lighthouse beacon in a foggy sea. She is an astounding talent. I am thrilled to have found her. Wish I could adopt her! BUY ALL OF HER CD'S. NOW!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users