31 replies to this topic

#1 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

hey guys! i'm curious if anyone knows if amy practiced judaism while growing up. i know her background is Jewish but i didn't know if she went to synagogue/temple when younger. did her parents have her go to hebrew school?? hehe, that would have been cute. also, out of curiousity how many of her fans here are Jewish? i am! represent. hehehe. =)
  • larahd4, barbarakn60, jackhp1 and 1 other like this

#2 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

Not Jewish but if you wade through some old article thread posts (during the Frank era) you should find when she speaks about taking part in some traditional elements but does not consider her self really religious.

#3 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:19 AM

thanks! are there any jews here? just wondering is all!

#4 JustMe

JustMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

I'm, but not pure :) My grandmothers mother was jewish, but father no. So my grandmother is a bit jewish, my mather is a bit jewish and I'm a bit jewish :D

#5 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

Im not jewish Felt like posting that coz it seems like no one is really answering this thread and saying if they are jewish or not!

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'm not jewish either. I'm nothing. Well I am officially catholic I guess, but well yeah...

#7 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

Im not religious either Sarah . . . I was christened, but never been religious in the slightest, only been to Chruch when the school used to make us!

#8 JustMe

JustMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

I'm not religious too, don't go to church, but I have faith, I believe in God.

#9 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

I'm, but not pure :) My grandmothers mother was jewish, but father no. So my grandmother is a bit jewish, my mather is a bit jewish and I'm a bit jewish :D

Actually, according to Judaism, you are completely 100% Jewish.

That's because being Jewish or not is maternally passed down. If your maternal grandmother's mother was Jewish, then your grandmother was Jewish and your mother and you...unless you opted out and converted to something else.

#10 MrsJones*

MrsJones*

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

suestev07 is right, it depends on your mothers' religion, not your daddys [= but i aint even christened ! although it's always nice to believe in something isn't it [=

#11 JustMe

JustMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

But my mother was grown up like Christian, I was grown up like Christian, and my mothers mother was grown up like christian, because her mother who was 100% Jew died after gave birth to my grandmother. So I think I am Christian, but have Jewish blood. Right?

#12 MrsJones*

MrsJones*

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

ohh right yess, that makes sense [=

#13 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

But my mother was grown up like Christian, I was grown up like Christian, and my mothers mother was grown up like christian, because her mother who was 100% Jew died after gave birth to my grandmother. So I think I am Christian, but have Jewish blood. Right?

absolutely; your family obviously opted out and "converted" to Christianity.

Historically, a lot of Jewish families did that when things were rough for Jews in certain geographic areas...especially if they had the added "convenience" of having a non-Jewish father.

And, people just opted out because they made the choice to follow the Dad's religion.

#14 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:00 PM

yay for religions, regardless what you practice lol

#15 deesoulbabe

deesoulbabe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

I am not Jewish. However, I have been told I look Jewish - and I know that must be right because the first time I met my boyfriend's parents for dinner, his mum said "OMG, I bought pork! Does she eat pork?" My boyf found it so very funny and told his mum that I was a catholic - much to her relief. As for faith - I am not a practicing catholic. I was forced to practice when I was a kid at school - but since I've become an adult - I don't go to church except for funerals, weddings and christenings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users