68 replies to this topic

#1 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

Me and my friend were listening to "You Know I'm No Good" and he asked me what did Amy mean by "by the time, I'm out the door, you tear me down like Roger Moore"...and I've always noticed that line, but never really quite acknowledged its meaning. lol Does anyone of you guys know?
  • Oreheme, barbarakn60, jackhp1 and 1 other like this

#2 warlog55

warlog55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

Me and my friend were listening to "You Know I'm No Good" and he asked me what did Amy mean by "by the time, I'm out the door, you tear me down like Roger Moore"...and I've always noticed that line, but never really quite acknowledged its meaning. lol Does anyone of you guys know?

Well maybe if you knew who Roger Moore is...that might help.

He played James Bond in seven Bond movies and I believe the line is "You tear men down.."

so...Bond? Tear men down?

haha ;)
  • Oreheme likes this

#3 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

Lol, I knew who Roger Moore was. But I still wasn't exactly sure. I thought she was saying "men" but some crappy lyrics site said "me". Thanks for clearing that up! lol
  • Oreheme likes this

#4 warlog55

warlog55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:13 AM

Lol, I knew who Roger Moore was. But I still wasn't exactly sure. I thought she was saying "men" but some crappy lyrics site said "me". Thanks for clearing that up! lol

haha no probo

#5 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

I always thought it was 'You tear men down like rock and roll'

#6 warlog55

warlog55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

I always thought it was 'You tear men down like rock and roll'

haha, are you serious? I think its hilarious when I think lyrics are something completely different than what it really is and I'm king for that.

#7 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

I thought the lines were referring to the man grabbing her towards him like you know in old movies when they are about to kiss them like saying:hey babe, you are mine lol tear me down like Roger Moore

#8 warlog55

warlog55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

I thought the lines were referring to the man grabbing her towards him like you know in old movies when they are about to kiss them like saying:hey babe, you are mine lol
tear me down like Roger Moore

I thought the same exact thing once before..but nahh haha

#9 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:39 AM

have we solved the meaning of the metaphor?lol what i don't really understand is, and don't laugh about my ignorance please: fuck me pumps,what the hell is pumps (does pumps refer to a footballer, a club,??????????)

#10 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

footwear. in the US a pump is a heel, but i've seen people here refer to her ballet flats as pumps as well. F me pumps is an expression for a foxy pair of sexy high heels, which give a woman a certain body language. hope this helps!!!

#11 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

great, tha's really sexy and kind of ironic, thanks,kevd the last one: when I catch myselfi I do a 180, is she referring here to a change of attitude? or is "180" a drink? don't laugh,please, I want to learn the expressions you are using in informal language

#12 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

do a 180 means to turn around and go in the opposite direction, that's 180 degrees of a circle like a U turn

#13 black

black

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Looks like Amy's using the American vernacular here. Pumps in the UK used to mean canvas shoes something like deck shoes of today so it's another reversal of meaning (a 180?). A girl walking along the pavement in pumps in the UK would be someone in flatties minding their own business on the sidewalk, whereas in the States she would be walking up the middle of the road in heels disrupting traffic lol But what on earth is a skag? :shrug:

#14 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

I understand what is a 180º (turn) but is she using here as a metaphor?Like changing her attitude completely,

#15 warlog55

warlog55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

I understand what is a 180º (turn) but is she using here as a metaphor?Like changing her attitude completely,

Shes catches herself...gains control and does a 180, turns things around..

So to answer your question...basically. haha 

and don't feel bad...I used to have aloooot of questions, but I read and learned! =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users