17 replies to this topic

#16 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

I think whether people want to admit it or not, Amy will always be remembered, and not really for the drugs, but her incredible influence on music and her risks she took.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#17 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

what happens now that she is not so interesting, what happens now after cancelling so many performances, what happens now?

I'll tell you what happens.
I sit down, start listening to Black To Black and feel like I'm in heaven, just like I did the first time I heard it, and the second time, and the third, and the 100th and so on.
I'm not commenting on news ("news") about her as much as I used to, nor am I telling people every day how much I love her. I stopped caring about what other people say so I just let them speak. But that doesn't mean that I love her or her music any less than I did a year ago.

Edited by sarahbol, 02 February 2009 - 11:20 AM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#18 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

A good and necessary, courageous thread, to express what happens to adoring fans when in the passing of almost two years the adored artist's once magical presence was lessened to little more but rumours about what we don't really know about her, plus the accompanying confusing pictures of the artist doing things for reasons that can only be guessed after, starting more unfounded rumours about a person that should be known for what we know her for in the first place: amazing musical talent, dazzling vocal expression, which should be quite enough to keep the fans interested, full of expectation, or at least to get them interested again, and fulfill all expectations, which we know she very well can, in principle. Not meant religiously, but kind of expressing it the best: bless her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users