#16 kacas

kacas

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:30 AM

damn right!!!
A sick part of me wants to share some of Amys pain right now! Because I bet her pain creates beautiful music

#17 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:51 AM

Nicely said...I've said before the reason most of us are all here is because we feel some sort of emotional bond throught Amy's music. We might have gone through something or is still going through something...and Amy represents what hurts, what's fragile, our stubborness/rebelliousness and maybe what couldn't say/articulate for ourselves. But like everything else...this too shall pass...

I agree.:thumbup:

#18 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

I've just been reading todays press and it seems Amy's friends are concerned that the concerts will be canceilled but Amy's mum has said that her family are going to be with her and they hope the tour will go ahead as it will give her something to focus on for the following month. She states that she has her boys with her (the band) which are also like a faimily to her.

Guess we'll only have a few days to find out but I only hope if it does go ahead is that Amy is strong enough both physically and certainly emotionally to cope with it otherwise it will be a disaster.

#19 curehead

curehead

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:39 PM

damn right!!!
A sick part of me wants to share some of Amys pain right now! Because I bet her pain creates beautiful music

I concur

#20 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

I hear you, Ruth, and you have the right to speak your mind.

We are all frustrated and tired of AMy's troubles, so, you should stay, you've done nothing wrong. I actually like the effect this thread has had on some people, feel united somehow. AMy's not the only one who's been hurt in their lives.

About wanting to share AMy's pain, i'd rather want to help her somehow. Of course none of us can.

#21 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

I have been following this thread for a bit, and have come to realize that

1) it's strange how we are not judgmental when it comes to Amy; from allegedly throwing spaghetti at the walls to not showing up for concerts to giving bad performances, etc. It goes on and on, and yet, as fans, we forgive her...and we all realize that part of the forgiveness lies in the fact that we "know" she is depressed, bipolar, "addictive personality", and that she is genuinely struggling in her unique way, etc. We not only forgive her, we also make excuses for her.

2) yet, we are not so quick to forgive someone else who may suffer from some of the same things. Is it because maybe because they don't sing so beautifully, aren't as bold a personality, and aren't as interesting to us?...They are still authentically going through whatever they are going through...

3) having said that, I agree that perhaps this forum is not the ideal venue for sharing some kinds of emotional pain.

Actually, except for a slight chemical difference in our brain, caused by who knows what, any one of us could be in the same boat at any time!:shrug:

random thought: have never heard Amy complain (she just makes us complain to each other! lol)
  • angela135 likes this

#22 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

You're right Sue. Good point.
I don't really know what to say now, but you really are right.

No, never heard Amy complain either.

#23 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

You're right Sue. Good point.
I don't really know what to say now, but you really are right.

Thanks Sarah...appreciate your comments....

#24 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

yep you are right sue, i agree with you. and nope ive never heard amy complain either, she just shows her pain through her troubles and her songs =]

#25 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

3) having said that, I agree that perhaps this forum is not the ideal venue for sharing some kinds of emotional pain.

Uh huh, i agree, it's a place when you need to think carefully with whom you're sharing your personal things with. Unless one feels comfortable about practically anyone seeing all you write.

But i do think, at this forum, there are some genuinely warm and kind people, so most of the time you won't be ripped into shreds...lol

Well it depends what you feel comfortable with sharing with everyone.

My sentences make nothing much sense tonight, i hope you get the point of this!lol

#26 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

Sue I also agree with some most of your points. You're right Amy doesn't complain but she does make excuses or tell you what you want to hear, she has said multiple times that she'd rather avoid a confrontation, which I have learned is the way to go, clear the air and move on. That is why she is a terrible drunk, all the things she holds insides comes out when she drinks.

I used to be that way. I lived in a horrible home and I would drink and did all kinds of things that a "smart" girl shouldn't do. I stole cars, robbed people, beat up people because I was oppressed and depressed. Whew thank A (saw) I am older and that people were sent my way to look for me when I couldn't help myself.

We do make excuses for her because we know she is smart and this is a phase. I was able to grow from my phase of bad boys and choices. I hope that Amy will also. Although I highly doubt she will leave her husband, she will not do what her mom did with her dad. That is very much apparent and the more it is "us against the world" the stronger thieir bond will be. Man I was THERE before and it took my daughter for me to realize I was in a real bad dysfunctional relationship. I sincere hope it doesn't go that far.

But I don't agree, you have to tell your story - get free and why not here, it is pretty much anonymous and it helps to know that you are not the only one even though you might feel that way.

#27 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

great post blakmamba.. afterall, these are feelings that are being expressed. no right or wrong to them, just our feelings and are our strongest guides in life.

#28 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

great post blakmamba.. afterall, these are feelings that are being expressed. no right or wrong to them, just our feelings and are our strongest guides in life.

Thanks Kev, you are a kindred spirit.
I can't help the counselor in me!lol

My teenagers laugh when I tell them I have been there, I am very connected with myself and don't take anything for granted.

#29 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

kindred spirits, indeed we are!!!!

#30 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

Sue I also agree with some most of your points. You're right Amy doesn't complain but she does make excuses or tell you what you want to hear, she has said multiple times that she'd rather avoid a confrontation, which I have learned is the way to go, clear the air and move on. That is why she is a terrible drunk, all the things she holds insides comes out when she drinks.

I used to be that way. I lived in a horrible home and I would drink and did all kinds of things that a "smart" girl shouldn't do. I stole cars, robbed people, beat up people because I was oppressed and depressed. Whew thank A (saw) I am older and that people were sent my way to look for me when I couldn't help myself.

We do make excuses for her because we know she is smart and this is a phase. I was able to grow from my phase of bad boys and choices. I hope that Amy will also. Although I highly doubt she will leave her husband, she will not do what her mom did with her dad. That is very much apparent and the more it is "us against the world" the stronger thieir bond will be. Man I was THERE before and it took my daughter for me to realize I was in a real bad dysfunctional relationship. I sincere hope it doesn't go that far.

But I don't agree, you have to tell your story - get free and why not here, it is pretty much anonymous and it helps to know that you are not the only one even though you might feel that way.

Great post.

I think most of us adore Amy so much because we see a lot of ourselves in her. I've never done drugs or anything, but I've done the self mutilation thing and felt the urge to drink to cope with the bullshit of life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users