Photo
- - - - -

FRIENDS and FANS of Amy Winehouse... what's wrong?!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

Ive been reading a lot of the threads and responses lately and it just seems like majority of you all are just... delusional. You see pictures of her with cocaine in her nose and you question rather it's cocaine? What else would it be? Do you think she'd purposely put a white substance in her nose JUST to live up to the whole druggie persona?! I honestly dont understand it. IMO, it seems like she's trying to kick the habit (her better days) but she always returns. I understand the tabloids are running with anything Amy does. She could be drinking from a McDonalds cup and the straw accidently goes up her nose and the next day, the headlines will read "Amy sniff coke through McDonalds cup." That's how ridiculous it is at this point. However, whenever these same publications cover something nice, it must have some kind of truth to it?

It's clear she's TRYING but it's evident that she needs to try a bit harder. Im sure she has a lot going on in her mind but I believe it's up to anybody who loves and respects Amy Winehouse to be not only supportive of the girl, but honest about the situation. Because truth is, she's still doing drugs and she needs all the support and help she can get.

Secondly... I wanted to address a few things.

1.) I know we only know what we can read/hear/see, but, where are Amy's friends and family?! It seems like most of them will gladly give a story to a tabloid anyday of the week but you rarely see them in photos with her offering a helping hand. Dont know the situation between her mother but regardless of how close you are with your daughter, I'd expect her to be showing up at Amy's door a little more often. You claim that you felt like you've lost a daughter, then reclaim her and stop telling the papers your business.

Her in-laws... :sadno: why would her mother in law tell the papers that she thinks Amy is doing more drugs?! If you're THAT concerned about your son's wife, I would think you would respect her enough to not blab to the papers every chance you get about what you think of Blake or Amy.

Her band... I know they get a check and all and really dont have to interfere in her personal affairs, however, you can tell she loves her band. I just dont understand why they go into a gig knowing she's high out of her mind and continues to play on. I know they have families too but really. But then again, who knows, right? They probably have spoken to her in the past or tried to make an effort as far as making sure she does a clean show.

But uhmm... the backup vocalist need to give it a rest. Am I not the only ones who think they are being pretty ridiculous at this point?! Dudes, if ya'll trying to be famous, good for you but I think it's quite disrespectful to do it on someone else's time. Everybody already knows her backup dancers before they even started all this myspacing youtube blog shit. I found them much entertaining before they starting speaking.

And when it comes to Amy, all I can do is hope for the best. She's an AMAZING person on & off the stage... AMAZING!!!!! She's like a shooting star. You wish it'd stay around a bit longer but it's on it's own path. I hope she knows how brilliant she is, period. I hope the drugs dont get the best of her and I wish the best for her but as a fan, I refure to play oblivious to everything that's going on in her life. Im still a fan of both her and her music. I just think fans need to stop downplaying her illness. Everybody has flaws and this world isnt perfect. All Im asking is that she stays strong and continues to be the beautiful, sweet and gifted being that she is. She has the support. I wish there was more fans could do besides make asses out of themselves outside of a courthouse.

What happened to the fan book idea?!
  • Amy Legend likes this

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

The majority of us are delusional?

#3 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

:ok:

#4 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

Ok. Sorry.

Ignorant to the facts.

Either respond like you have a bit of sense or stay out of the thread.

#5 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

charming! :lol:

#6 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

Ok. Sorry.

Ignorant to the facts.

Either respond like you have a bit of sense or stay out of the thread.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were our boss.

Delusional? Most of us are just trying to believe that our favourite lady will still be on this planet this time next year, if that makes us delusional, bring it on

#7 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were our boss.

Delusional? Most of us are just trying to believe that our favourite lady will still be on this planet this time next year, if that makes us delusional, bring it on

Keep the attitude.

Delusional to the facts (that she abuses drugs) and wishing her the best of health are two different things.

Know your battles before you fight them.

#8 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

And Im not about to go back and forth with people who cant grasp the concept of what this thread is about.

#9 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

But you just did

#10 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:08 PM

So you know something that everyone else doesn't, is that it? People who wish her the best or still support her regardless of her current issues or those that don't suck up everything the paps put on display are delusional. You're delusional to believe all you read, see or hear. That shit is business and bullshit sells. I suggest you use your own advice. Pick your battles wisely, you never know who you're fucking with.

#11 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

And Im not about to go back and forth with people who cant grasp the concept of what this thread is about.

What is this thread about?

#12 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

Some seriously good points made, I often think the same and I thought I was the only one!
The bottom line is that Amy is THE one and only greatest singer and person on this earth... how could anyone beat her?!
She makes me see through people better and she's the only person that can change my mood instantly from listening to just one of her songs. She is truly incredible. I HATE it when people I know say she's a bad influence on me cause I'm only 15 cause I think she's a good one and I like to live after her.
I know some people might find that pretty bad with the drugs n shit but I'm not involved in anything to that extent and I think she's an amazing role model for anyone of my age. What more do you want to teach a youngster than be yourself and don't let anybody bring you down. She's my hero. The only sad thing is, she'll never know :(
xxx

#13 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

So you know something that everyone else doesn't, is that it? People who wish her the best or still support her regardless of her current issues or those that don't suck up everything the paps put on display are delusional. You're delusional to believe all you read, see or hear. That shit is business and bullshit sells. I suggest you use your own advice. Pick your battles wisely, you never know who you're fucking with.

That's my (main) point... so...what are you talking about?

And I laugh at threats over the internet, so save that shit. I said what I said to kylakoolie because my purpose of this thread was to point out that people need to realize the facts of the situation and not pick and choose what they want to take from articles being posted about her. He/she obviously mean that Im saying the whole board is delusional. That's not what Im saying at all. It's like if it's POSITIVE crap from a non-credible source, then it's ok, but if it's bad press, it's almost if not all fake. I understand people have the right to believe whatever they want but I just think it's a bit ridiculous. I think it's crazy that every TABLOID story that's pressed about Amy is posted here for discussion only for majority of the post to be about not believing the article. When pictures are included, people still downplay it. Maybe "delusional" wasnt the word but it's obvious there's a bias with Amy against the media, hint, the petition to get journalist to behave themselves.

#14 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

... to be fair though i dont think that the tabloids are always right and it had me in tears once when i watched a load of videos with the paps following her around like you wouldn't belive, she just had to act like they weren't there, it was horrible and I bet she gets that all the time :(

#15 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

YiGO, you did make some good points in your thread, and yes, I do understand what it's about. My point was not to be picky about the (grammatical) use of the word delusional. It's just that with your opening statement you came off as a bit presumptuous/ judgemental to assume that the majority of us don't realize what's going on - that's all.

It's clear to most of us, I think, that Amy has some serious problems to deal with. We're really not as 'delusional' as you assume - credit us with some sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users