5 replies to this topic

#1 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:57 PM

With her bird's-nest beehive, missing tooth and sailor tats, she's hardly catwalk material.

But after being labelled a style icon by fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, Amy Winehouse has found her look being bigged up again by... Victoria Beckham.

Posh Spice, one of the most stylish women in showbiz, has revealed that she totally admires the singer's quirky image.

She told 3am: "She has a real sense of style that I just love. She's very much a fashion icon and I adore what she wears. She's so unique and original."

Well, she's certainly that.

Posh, 33, who'll play London's O2 Arena with her fellow Spices on Saturday, went on: "I've never met her but I just love her music - I've always got it on at home with David and the children. She's an amazing singer."

AdvertisementGlamorous Victoria's remarks come just days after her influential fashion pal Lagerfeld declared that the Back To Black singer was the "new Brigitte Bardot".

We do hope some of this gets through to Amy, who was last week nominated for an amazing SIX Grammy Awards.

As her woes escalate - drug abuse, cancelled gigs and a husband on remand - she's still the woman everyone wants.

The diva has signed up to represent hip Manchester label Gio Goi and is on the wanted list of nearly every fashion mag editor in the country.

A source in the Amy camp tells us: "After she did a shoot for American Vogue, her profile soared and the phone didn't stop ringing.

"Then there was the cover of Rolling Stone magazine which was just as influential.

"She is more in demand than ever, it's just a shame she is not in the right frame of mind to see that."

You see, we're all rooting for ya, love...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007/12/11/posh-digs-amy-s-style-89520-20232216/

#2 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

Awww...Vicks is lovable. I love the latest linkings between the Spices and Amy as I love them six with all my heart.

#3 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

I really can't hate her for saying such wise words. She's right on. It's become waaay too popular to mock AMy, so this is really heart warming actually...Even though it's from one of the most useless people ever...:indifferent:

#4 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:49 PM

"You see, we're all rooting for ya, love..."

She must have friends at the mirror or something, cos they're pretty nice to her these days..

#5 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

I really like Victoria, and I like her more for having said nice things about Amy. I think like Amy, Posh is (mis)judged a lot.

#6 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

I know these are old threads, just looking through them. Hate the way theres so much negative shit and people reveling in it, press and so on. Nice to see Posh saying something good bout Amy, they talk like she was awful looking and wore binliners, she was bloody gorgeous and her style at home was cool and casual, her dresses were gorgeous
  • chrismdzzz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users