24 replies to this topic

#1 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

An interesting article in The Guardian newspaper on the paparazzi in London; talks about Amy. It's quite long, so I just posted the link.

http://www.guardian....2226725,00.html

#2 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Now this article, is telling the truth!!! Those f-in' scumbags are just in it for the money and is chasing the life right out of this young lady. Shopkeepers, fans, haters, trying to make this seemly un-ending moment of turmoil last to the last penny/pence. You can tell that she's likes to go out rather than being cooped-up in a house but must they trail her her like scavengers...she is not prey, she's a person, is she not entitled to some respect, some dignity. It's the holidays, can they give the gift of space?

It seems exhausting to be hounded, surrounded at all times could this be why she prefers the grey hours of a.m. when atleast some of the public is not on the street. And although I am glad the market is flooded so they don't get much money, however that just means that there is more f-ers around to bother folks. I understand that actors/actresses/singers don't become their chosen professions not be known or seen but I am sure they want their work to be appreciated above their social happenings. And we don't allow them normal lives and then get upset and question their humanity. Would we be able to live any differently if our lives were to be monitered 24/7?

Now I can't say if I saw I wouldn't want to go up to her but damn right now I'd probably let well enough alone...
:(

#3 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:01 PM

You can tell that she's likes to go out rather than being cooped-up in a house but must they trail her her like scavengers...she is not prey, she's a person, is she not entitled to some respect, some dignity. It's the holidays, can they give the gift of space?

Amen. This quote from the article broke my heart (when she can't find her driver).

At a loss, I go into the shop, and when Winehouse turns around her pale, white face is streaked with tears.

She's just like any one of us, and not as tough as she likes to make out. I just want to give her a big hug.
  • Shirley likes this

#4 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

I want to hug her too :(

#5 aries_124

aries_124

I died a hundred times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

[quote name='blakmamba76']
could this be why she prefers the grey hours of a.m. when atleast some of the public is not on the street.

the bastards still manage 2 catch quick snaps of her in the early hours of the morning

i swear they must like camp out outside her house or sumthin n follow her.

Heres an old clip of the paps outside her home
YouTube - Amy Winehouse in Camden

#6 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

Great article! Too bad she believed and repeated the story about Amy "stumbling semi-naked through the early hours in her underwear, dazed and incoherent" Other photos (particularly the second) show her looking perfectly
coherent :
http://www.mediabom.tv/en/node/4018
She just comes 20-30 feet out from door to sidewalk, probably to bum cigarettes from the paps, and is distraught that the world's lowest scum don't
share her dirty habit. Two seconds later she's calmly discussing who's going to get her some. I love that her standards of dress are so much higher than those of American celebrities.

#7 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

omg that was long.
i really hate the paps who flash flash flash in her face like 30 people with cameras in her face, its just horrible.
=[
i really want to hug her too =[

#8 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

Great article! Too bad she believed and repeated the story about Amy "stumbling semi-naked through the early hours in her underwear, dazed and incoherent" Other photos (particularly the second) show her looking perfectly
coherent :

Yes, those first two pics seem to show quite a different story!

#9 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

I never saw those other pics, only the 1 very bad one. She's probably just telling them to leave her alone....

Edit: I mean, pleading with them

#10 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

That's what I am talking about, they take the worst one and make-up some hideous story to entertain the sheep. Thank you for posting those other pics, I have been looking for some other photos to show a better angle. And I believe her reps when they said she went out to see what was making noise, it was the g-d darn paps!

#11 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

There needs to be laws against that. They should have to stay a certain distance away from a person's home. If that were me I would get vicious and hire people to follow them around and take pictures so they know what it feels like.

#12 doughnout peach

doughnout peach

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

I dont know how she hasnt developed a phobia, she has to be suffering from a high level of anxiety with all those paps chasing her. This is unfair,she wants to enjoy her privacy and they are destroying her without taking into account she is young. She is so young. They know what she is going through, why dont they stop?, can they sleep at night? She is under a lot of pressure and they continue hurting her. Please, be kind this Christmas, leave her alone.

#13 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

There needs to be laws against that. They should have to stay a certain distance away from a person's home. If that were me I would get vicious and hire people to follow them around and take pictures so they know what it feels like.

hire people? or vicious dogs?!:lol:

#14 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:46 AM

If ER2 had the ladyballs of ER1 it would be "Dame Amy Winehouse" and costumed men with halberds would take the heads off people who bothered her."Cultures degenerate into civilizations." - Otto Spengler. Seriously, I'd love to see her summoned to Buckingham Palace for tea and sympathy and a talking-to.

#15 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

If ER2 had the ladyballs of ER1 it would be "Dame Amy Winehouse" and costumed men with halberds would take the heads off people who bothered her.

I like that idea. You mess with a national treasure at your own risk. She hardly acts like it, but Amy is royalty in my book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users