Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse caught smoking crack @ party...

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#31 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:55 AM

All these "friends" offering her drugs -- some friends.

“If I was that cat I’d leave on my own accord — I’d call a cab. It ain’t right."

Yes Amy, pretend you're that cat and run for your life! Literally!

#32 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:16 AM

You do realize that my first option was "go to rehab," right?

And?

You do realize that I was speaking of your second option.

What is moral of this?

I think this tit-for-tat is not going anywhere.

I wish the best for her as a fan and as a person watching another human being under the grips of something unholy.

#33 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

If she doesn't get some help soon this will end in tragedy. I love her music just as much as any of you and underneath it all I think she is a good person but she is slowly killing herself. I agree with those who say she won't change until she wants to but I hope she decides to change before it is too late.

#34 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

First off....Kev, I am SO sorry to hear about your dad. :( :hug: My heart goes out to you and your family.

Number two..this tit-for-tat really isn't going nowhere, just causing trouble on the forum (again). We all have our opinions, and its okay to agree to disagree.

Three...its really sad to see those photos. I still think some of the old coke in her nose photos were photoshopped, but obviously...these are real. And how do we know that Amy was lying? She could have been sober for those few days. Had a relaspe. Who knows? Its pathetic how she constantly has her life under a microscope. And I know some will say that its all part and parciple of being a celebrity, yada yada, but its sad that she's making mistakes, just like every other human being, and have to have them broadcast for the world to judge and make a mockery of her. In her case, as well as many other celebrities, I think they would be so much better off if people weren't constantly monitoring everything they do. She needs help, that's the bottomline, but getting sober isn't the easier thing in the world to do. Like everything else, it takes time, and a short trip to the Carribean wasn't going to be the end of her drug use. She has to get sober on her own time, and no one can force her to do so until she's ready. Who knows when that will be, probably after something drastic, even though I hope that is not the case. For one...she needs to surround herself around positive people. Clearly, her group that she's hanging and doing drugs with are what you call...toxic friends. And for all those who blamed Blake...well, he's in jail now. He can't be handing her the drugs through his cell. Maybe he started her with it, who knows, but he can't be ending her with it. She's a grown woman whose capable of making her own decisions, and she needs to make the decision to fucking clean up her act. I wish her the best, because its truly devastating to see such a wonderful person go through such a deadly and destructive disease.

#35 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

oh dear, amy amy amy, i guess i always knew she did it, but not having any hard evidence it was easy to call it speculation
i wasnt expecting this when i woke up, cant really say anything that hasnt already been said

the guy who did it, she clearly knew because she was talking to him, what a shit !
and the reason he is filming in the first place is suspect, maybe a setup, putting temptation in her path

the chance of ever going to america is now in jeopardy i guess after this has cropped up

just hope this is the wake up call she needs for her to be able to finally start to get her shit together

#36 sandraheatherly

sandraheatherly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

damn it really breaks my heart to see this. I knew she was not off drugs but god damn why dont someone help her? and what are these for friends filming this? this is a bad way to start the day with seeing this articel. If this is true, i think yes because you can see it in her eyes that she used drugs, i really hope someone stands up and help her.

argggggg

#37 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

Same here. I really don't get how people can take joy in seeing another's demise. Its a fucked up world we live in. If you can't help someone, don't hurt them.

#38 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

" They'll build you up and build you up, just to watch you fall " - its sad that most only realize this after suffering the fall

#39 sandraheatherly

sandraheatherly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

but i hate it that there is nothing that we can do. i already sended her alot messages on myspace but get nothing back (ofcourse not) but we only can sit here and read everyday the articels and 90% is about the bad things that happen to her. Is there really nothing we can do? Send her something from her fans so she knows we all want her to get better? i cant watch this any longer.

#40 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

" They'll build you up and build you up, just to watch you fall " - its sad that most only realize this after suffering the fall

It really is. Sad, but so true. One person can never seem to have it all. A great career, a great personal life. It seems like it can be one or the other.

Mary J. Blige...she was on the same road as Amy, and got herself together and is doing amazing. I just hope she can be an inspiration to Amy.

#41 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

:boohoo: Amy, Amy, Amy,. . . . .

bet that guy who filmed it is feeling pleased with himself . . . .she classed him as a friend and let him into her house and then he filmed that . . . hes no friend!!!!

#42 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

Is there any way her family can have her declared a danger to herself and have her commited so she can get this crap out of her system? I don't know what the laws are like over in Britain but something needs to happen fast.

#43 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

im not sure how the law for that works over here, think it may lie with mental health act, and it can be done certainly but i dont know for sure about how it would work
i think that after seeing this, her family will now become more proactive and not leave it up to amy to decide when she needs help
i know if it was my child, friend even, id have them by the scruff of the neck and locked away for as long as possible til they are clean
it must be the worst thing to watch someone you love so much do to themselves,
slowly kill themselves, and be enjoying it

#44 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:37 AM

Is there really nothing we can do?

It's a fantasy, but part of me wishes that a small group of us could sit down and talk with Amy, or have a series of talks with her.

She has friends and family, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe if she saw how a complete set of strangers loved and cared for her, and she talked with them and got to know them, it would give her some perspective and be a form of therapy for her. Or at least get her to the point where she would accept the professional help she needs.

Sometimes I wonder whether she ever really opens up and talks to anyone about what's really bothering her, aside from the obvious fact that her husband is in jail. What is the source of the pain that drives her to be so self-destructive?

I don't really know what I'm talking about here. Like I said, it's a fantasy. But it doesn't seem like anything else is working.

#45 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Is there any way her family can have her declared a danger to herself and have her commited so she can get this crap out of her system? I don't know what the laws are like over in Britain but something needs to happen fast.

Below is some info I found in old "Rebba" posts. It sounds like there is a legal basis for sectioning. I would not be surprised if her family now takes that step.

Now, the U.K. rolls out Mental Capacity Act of 2005 as a medically based Big Stick.
Case at hand is Amy Winehouse. Brilliant singer/songwriter. World class hard-head.
The alcoholic "No-no-no" "Rehab" girl, moved over to $250/day cocaine, two teeth gone, rail thin, and violent criminals inside her house.
A trainwreck.
Police passivity has not been helpful.

Control is now out of Amy's hands.
Threat of MCA-2005 and Mental Health Act of 1983, using reduced participation with drug addiction for "sectioning" committal.

England has its Mental Health Act. Where an individual is a threat to self or others, an involuntary committal is available without bringing drug-related criminal charge. The mystery to date is why authorities have not acted in the normal pattern for public drug use and intoxication.

Mitchell Winehouse had discussed using MHA earlier, but received less than useful legal support. Following events of the week, with Amy out half-undressed in the cold at 5 AM and a bogus statement from a "spokesperson," new legal protections are getting the top priority.

90-Day Involuntary Committal is standard protocol. De-tox poisons: drugs, alcohol, nicotine; medical/dental work (she has lost 2 teeth); and training for coping skills.

Before drugs Amy was always able to fight off BPD mood swings.

Heartless, medically ignorant rants against Wino are not useful. Further, her parents, and her brother, must be getting very bad medical and legal support. Sadly, they wait for Amy to sign in for rehab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users