To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:47 AM

http://www.dailyreco...86908-20317838/

highlighted some interesting parts

Beverley Lyons And Laura Sutherland

GRAMMY grabber Amy Winehouse's life is back on track after going cold turkey and telling nurses: "I want to get better".

In an exclusive interview, her mum Janis spoke of her delight and relief that her troubled daughter had finally come clean over her problems and was fighting her demons.

And she revealed that her daily therapy sessions could end in as little as two or three weeks Amy, 24, was reunited with her family at a special Grammys party in London which ended with them hugging as she won five awards.

Janis, 50, said: "When I saw Amy backstage at the start of the evening, I knew this was my daughter of old.

"She had a sparkle in her eyes and looked happy seeing me. She's put on weight and looks healthier than I've seen her look in months.

"I know it's not been easy for her, but she's decided the drug-taking has to stop. There is light shining out from the darkness that wasn't there a few weeks ago."

Amy has been receiving treatment at the Capio Nightingale hospital in London since the end of January.

And Janis seemed confident Amy was on the mend for good. She said: "Amy's had the proper, old-fashioned cold turkey treatment.

"She went straight to the clinic and through withdrawal. It was painful and physically unpleasant.

"The staff told me she'd been sick, many times. But Amy's been really polite to the staff and built up a good rapport with them. They say she's clearly determined to get better.

"Amy is still in the clinic as an in-patient for another week or two, depending on how well she's doing."

Ironically, despite Amy dedicating her Grammys win to London because of the Camden fires, her mum is pleased the Hawley Arms pub was damaged, as it was the scene of many of Amy's drink and drugs benders.

She added: "Good riddance is all I can say. There were a lot of bad influences there for Amy.

"I just hope to goodness sake it's not rebuilt."

it's a good sign that her mom thinks she's really turned the corner.

i like where it says amy was really polite to the staff, as it shows what a decent person she really is. that was one of the things that always gave me hope, knowing that she would respond in kind if treated well. reminds me of how the people at the other rehab place (causeway centre) she went to last summer said they liked amy and thought they could work with her, but they didn't like blake and thought he was disruptive.

#2 busa54

busa54

A M Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:51 AM

Her mother shouldnt be too excited about her being off drugs right now. Chances are too high that she will get back on them. I love to see her healthy and sober, dont get me wrong. I just want to say that I'm not too optimistic about her drug abuse.

#3 flick

flick

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

Janis has said Amy is on the 'road to recovery' I'm sure they know there's a LONG way to go.

#4 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Some time ago, I knew a guy who was a former alcoholic and who had a tendency to talk a lot about alcoholism and recovery. He told me that the only approach that worked for him was, "don't take a fucking drink!" According to him, he had to come to the realization that he was not capable of using alcohol in moderation and the only answer for him was to avoid it altogether. It sounds like Amy has the same issue, so I wish her the best in her attempts to be a tea-totaler.

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

It sounds like Amy has the same issue, so I wish her the best in her attempts to be a tea-totaler.

Is she saying that she's going to drink?

#6 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

Her mother shouldnt be too excited about her being off drugs right now. Chances are too high that she will get back on them. I love to see her healthy and sober, dont get me wrong. I just want to say that I'm not too optimistic about her drug abuse.

You have to be optimistic thats the only way to get through. Amy has to be optimistic and her family has to believe in her and believe it will turn out for the better otherwise there is no point.

#7 raw

raw

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

amy is the best female singer around. i«m so proud that she brought the women power back to the music
she deserves to be cured and be happy

#8 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

So happy for her getting better. And hoping she will keep up the good work.

#9 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

That was pleasant to read.

I felt the same way about the Hawley Arms fire.

#10 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

i like where it says amy was really polite to the staff, as it shows what a decent person she really is. that was one of the things that always gave me hope, knowing that she would respond in kind if treated well. reminds me of how the people at the other rehab place (causeway centre) she went to last summer said they liked amy and thought they could work with her, but they didn't like blake and thought he was disruptive.

I fully agree to that. This is something really precious and I think that is a big part why people do love Amy so much: She is authentic. She is just a nice girl ("I am Amy - and I sing"). She does not take herself too serious and people believe that she is real. I have no doubt about her. She is a good hearted soul.

#11 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

Is she saying that she's going to drink?

I would hope not, but from the looks of a more recent thread on this board (Amy slips off wagon), it looks like she has started drinking again. :(

#12 Wisdom_Mcr

Wisdom_Mcr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

Talking from experience, drugs can be very hard to come off and relapses can occur but the saying "if there's a will there's a way" is 100% true - i have full confidence that she will make the right choice and do what is best for her - i have been clean now for 10 years :)

#13 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

Talking from experience, drugs can be very hard to come off and relapses can occur but the saying "if there's a will there's a way" is 100% true - i have full confidence that she will make the right choice and do what is best for her - i have been clean now for 10 years :)

Congrats, I hope you're proud of yourself.

I wish I could have full confidence that she'll be alright as well. I'm hoping for the best, and bracing for the worst.

#14 Wisdom_Mcr

Wisdom_Mcr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

Im not saying its not hard and there are opportunities and reasons every day to return to that life but if your mind is strong enuf its possible 2 keep clean :)

I dont consider myself proud about getting off drugs, it was just something I had to do, it was hurting my family and I was disowned for a while and even after I had been off drugs for a while people dont believe it...it takes a LONG time to regain the trust which was lost...

Thanks for your kind words...they are appreciated :)

#15 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

I wish I could have full confidence that she'll be alright as well. I'm hoping for the best, and bracing for the worst.

Exactly how i feel about this.

Wisdom Mcr, you speak from experience, thank you for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users