• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#1 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

AMY WINEHOUSE will be performing at tomorrow night's Brit Awards.

Brits chairman GED DOHERTY confirmed this afternoon that Amy would be part of the line-up, following on from the success of her performance at the Grammys earlier this month, that she performed via video-link.

He said: "We are just thrilled to have her appearing at the ceremony.

"At times it has been a difficult year for Amy but what has never been in doubt is that she is a real talent.

"We think that her performance will be one of those Brit 'moments' and it's part of a really strong line-up.

"She is someone that gets people talking and I think her absence would have really been felt if she hadn't been there.

"Ultimately the ceremony is about the music of 2007 and there is no doubt, regardless of her troubles with drugs, that she was the sound of last year.”

Amy is tipped to perform Valerie with MARK RONSON but, as yet, this has not been confirmed

http://www.thesun.co...ticle820246.ece

YIPPPEEE:clap::clap::clap:
  • lesterki4 likes this

#2 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Knock 'em dead Amy!

#3 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

Have you seen this Sky link all dedicated to Amy, enjoy:

http://news.sky.com/...ws/amywinehouse

#4 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

Go baby girl.

Wish I could see the Brits live.

#5 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

deleted oopps posted in the wrong thread lol.

#6 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

She doesn't need the temptation that's all...

#7 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

"I heard her rehearse last night and she sounded absolutely great," Ged Doherty, chairman of the BRIT Awards, told Sky News.
http://www.gigwise.c...-at-brit-awards

#8 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

I'm happy happy happy!!

Nice to know it for sure now (well you never know for sure with Amy, but you know what I mean).

#9 Wisdom_Mcr

Wisdom_Mcr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:01 PM

I have just moved to US does anyone know if the brits will be on any US tv channels or if i can watch online?

#10 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

I also can´t watch the Brits since they don´t show them on tv here ... is there any chance to see them online?

I´m soooooo happy that Amy will perform! YAY! :)

#11 aries_124

aries_124

I died a hundred times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

cool....i'll be tuning in for the brits then
ne 1 no wat time...what channel?

#12 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:11 AM

Well according to tomorrows Sun she didn't turn up for rehersals lol it's a joke here is the story:

AMY WINEHOUSE’s turbulent marriage is looking shakier than ever as she gears up for her big Brits performance tonight.

The singer missed a crucial awards show rehearsal on Monday after learning her jailbird hubby BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL was trading her signed pictures for hits of heroin.

Distraught Amy thought he was swapping the snaps for cigarettes from other lags in London’s Pentonville Prison.

Her friends believe his sordid deals, which I revealed on Monday, has pushed her “closer than ever” to ditching the junkie loser.

A Brits source revealed: “Amy was supposed to rehearse on Monday, but didn’t show up after she discovered Blake had been trading pictures of her for drugs.

“It’s a real shame she wasn’t there for the rehearsal. Everyone got really worried.

“She is part of a medley, with MARK RONSON and ADELE, and DANIEL MERRIWEATHER, so it needs to run smoothly. It’s not just her standing on the stage on her own and singing.

“It’s sad Blake has sent her into turmoil again just before her big night. She’s been working so hard to get her head together for this.”

Amy’s family are already prepared for what will happen if she and Blake divorce. Despite fears Blake will try to get his grubby mitts on a big chunk of her music fortune, they reckon he hasn’t got a hope.

They are convinced he will not be entitled to anything, arguing Amy was addled by drugs when they married last May.

Instead, he will be offered a lump sum to disappear.

I hope Amy does pay him off and get rid of him once and for all. It sounds like she’s starting to realise she’d be far better sticking with clean-living photographer BLAKE WOOD, aka Blake II.

A pal revealed: “Amy has opened her eyes recently.

“She’s grown close to this other Blake, Blake Wood, and is trying to live a better life.

“I think her and the first Blake are closer than ever to splitting up.

“And when they do, I don’t think he will be able to claim a percentage of her wealth.

“He will be offered a one-off payment and told if he goes to court to get more he will end up with nothing, as Amy was not in a fit mental state to marry him.”

Despite her marital troubles and the rehearsal no-show, Amy should still put on a stunning show at tonight’s big event. She always seems to pull it out of the bag when she really needs to.

She’ll be performing alongside SIR PAUL McCARTNEY, who certainly knows a thing or two about difficult spouses.

Macca could make another outstanding contribution to music by telling Amy to kick her hubby in to touch.

http://www.thesun.co...ticle820949.ece

#13 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

im really happy cant wait to see her xD =]

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

This is really strange as earlier on Sky News reported that Amy sounded great at rehearsal I have just checked the same page after reading The Sun article and it has been amended and now makes no mention of Amy rehersing, the plot thickens. I really hope she did turn up.

http://news.sky.com/...1305990,00.html

#15 the absinthe bunny

the absinthe bunny

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

I'd really like to know if we will be able to watch the Brits online too... Any help???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users