15 replies to this topic

#1 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

I was listening to some of her songs that she performed during her concerts and I thought it'd be a great idea if they'd release a live album with some of the best performances of her hits. What do the fans of her think about a live album would you also want to hear it ?

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

I think she ought to do another studio album 1st. She would have more material and fresh material to do live at that point.
She's only been working off B2B in the US.
If she did a live album now, I wouldn't complain though!

#3 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

I think she ought to do another studio album 1st. She would have more material and fresh material to do live at that point.
She's only been working off B2B in the US.
If she did a live album now, I wouldn't complain though!

I think the same! after her new album i would love to her do an acoustic album!!!

#4 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

i'm not too much into live albums...
and with amy, i think we got a lot of live / acoustic stuff from the back to black edition with live tracks and the deluxe one.
  • ravenauseous likes this

#5 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

I'd love if Amy did live album, but like pearljo said, first a new studio album. Besides, there's a DVD....

#6 Alfredo_t

Alfredo_t

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

I think that it would be cool if the live album were of duets that she's done with other artists. The "Heard It Through the Grapevine" duet with Paul Weller would be good to have on the album.

#7 Rickstasy

Rickstasy

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Yes a live album would be great(I like the small differences when she sings live), but first I also liked a new studio album.

I think that it would be cool if the live album were of duets that she's done with other artists. The "Heard It Through the Grapevine" duet with Paul Weller would be good to have on the album.

A great idea, but would the duets she already did reach for a whole album?

I would be incredibly happy if that I Heard It Through The Grapevine duet once on a CD would be listed!

#8 frankforever

frankforever

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

I'd love her to do an album of covers, so that people would see where's she coming from. I cant keep throwing a fit when people compare her with Christina Aguilera.

and yes, please release the BTB demo. As much as I love Mark Ronson, his "No bootlegging this is a Mark Ronson exclusive...clusives...sives" over Wake Up Alone demo makes me sad.

#9 busa54

busa54

A M Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

am I the only one that thinks live albums are boring?

first of all, you can listen to and collect live songs easily and legally on the internet.
secondly, I think that live albums are just to collect some easy extra money for the recording companies and the artists - they dont cost much extra effort, especially almost no creative effort (all the songs are already written, recorded and released). the companies even use the die-hard fans that will buy anything by a certain artist.

talking about Amy, who needs "Back to Black Live" ? most of ya'll have already enjoyed all the songs in various versions.

Additionally, a DVD with a complete concert was put out recently.

#10 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

You say that like we should all feel the same.. but I disagree with just about everything you said.

First of all, I do think a lot of live albums are boring, BUT if they put out an album that consists out of Amy's best live performances (LIALG @ Mercury's, Back To Black @ Paradiso/SXSW(?), etc.) I think it would be fantastic and I'd pay good money for it. Second, listening to songs on the internet can never compare to actually owning an album that has all those songs on it. Third, so what if they make money off of us? They get their money, I get a new album, and everyone is happy. Fourth, a B2B live would be great. And last but not least, try playing a dvd on a cd player... yeah, that doesn't really work, does it?

#11 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

I think that live albums are just to collect some easy extra money for the recording companies and the artists

U really think that the sell of albums left money to the artists? The artist is the one who less money get of that!!!!

#12 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

i would love to have a live album, but also a new studio one too, but if she does both that would be even more great lol xD

#13 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

BUT if they put out an album that consists out of Amy's best live performances (LIALG @ Mercury's, Back To Black @ Paradiso/SXSW(?), etc.) I think it would be fantastic and I'd pay good money for it.

I agree with what you said because that's exactly what I was thinking about.

#14 fieldsheer

fieldsheer

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Her DVD is pretty good for a live album

#15 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

Her DVD is pretty good for a live album

why have "pretty good" when you can have the DVD...... aaaaand all the classic live renditions like LIALG @ Mercury's, Back To Black @ Paradiso/SXSW etc.?... that would be the best scenario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users