44 replies to this topic

#1 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

Juliette is Amy's BFF and also "Sweet" from their duo "Sweet & Sour".

Amy written, I think the song "Best Friends" for Juliette. I also heard "Cherry" was written for her too - but I always thought it was for an ex-boyfriend.

Anyways, I heard this from Juliette's myspace page. It's called "Falling Out Of Love". I first assume it was a song for a boyfriend of hers. But then I listen to it again and kept drawing lines back to Amy. With all those paparazzi pictures of Amy, Tyler James, Blake Wood, Kelly Osbourne, and numerous other people... I never see her with Juliette. I think since Amy has always been open with her music and communicate through with her friends & family, Juliette is also trying to reach to her too.

"I'm missing you lately / It seems like I lost my friend / And your attitude is very shady / And you know I'm not the one to pretend"

"And your family have been begging me to help you / But everytime I do you play those games with me / Running in and out of the bathroom..."

http://profile.myspa...iendid=73983301

It's just speculation. I don't claim to know the truth. I just thought it was a bouncy yet very introspective song. I love her voice a lot too. Her sounds like modern-synthy R&B but I for some reason think hers & Amy voice can blend well together - even though their music sounds totally different. Could there been a falling out? Don't mean to be nosy. I just seem to get into songs too deep and come up with my own silly stories.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#2 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Friends united

For many of us, friendships are the defining relationships of our lives, straddling childhood and adulthood, children and marriages, loves and losses. So if friends are the new family, where would we be without our best mates? Here, Pete and Wolfman, Amy and Juliette, Richard and Glen, George and Ron, and Meera and Katy reveal their unbreakable bonds

Interviews by Stuart Husband, Ursula Kenny, Claire Baylis, Kate Kellaway and Killian Fox
Sunday April 22, 2007
The Observer

Amy Winehouse and Juliette Ashby
It's a bright Friday afternoon in north London and singer Amy Winehouse, 23, and her best friend, telesales person (by day) and singer-songwriter (by night) Juliette Ashby, also 23, are busy bringing Osidge Primary School, their old alma mater, to a standstill. They're doing this both metaphorically - the children, half-titillated, half-terrified, are gingerly approaching Winehouse, all stork's nest hair and extravagantly kohled eyes, to ask if she's famous (her mumbled reply: 'Suppose so, yeah') - and literally: at one point the pair disappear, muttering something about 'checking out the old sports hall' and a couple of minutes later the fire alarm goes off. The buildings are evacuated and eventually an unrepentant-looking Winehouse and Ashby reappear, accompanied by a very unamused Miss Rosenthal, the acting headmistress, whose pursed lips imply she's fingered the culprits. She peremptorily orders us off the premises.

'Thing is, we always wanted to do that when we were here,' says Winehouse.
'Yeah,' agrees Ashby. 'But we never had the bottle.'

The incident says a lot about Winehouse and Ashby, and their friendship. Winehouse has acquired a bad-girl reputation thanks to her trenchant opinions on such themes as drink and drug addiction - usually delivered with a bottle of vodka in one hand - and the shortcomings of fellow artists. She's forthright, but also very funny, and Ashby, a fellow north London girl and native wit, gives as good as she gets. The pair frequently riff on each other's stories and finish each other's sentences - you're put in mind of a baroque French & Saunders.

How did you meet?

A: We met at Osidge when we were about four. One of my first memories is that we'd play this game where Juliette was Pepsi and I was Shirley, the backing girls for Wham! I think we clicked because we were both a bit off-key.

J: A bit nutty. And we were always in trouble.

A: You'd get sent to the school reception if you were naughty and we were always meeting up there. We told this boy, Ian Beerman, that if he didn't pull his pants down we wouldn't be his friends any more. And he did it.

J: That was when we truly bonded.

Did you egg each other on to do bad things?

Both (emphatically): Yes.

J: I used to egg Amy on a bit more because she was more fearless. One of our best routines was that one of us would run out of the classroom in tears, and the other would say that they'd have to go out and comfort her. And then we'd just sit in a room somewhere, laughing for the rest of the lesson.

A: They tried to split us up. They'd never let us do anything together. When we got to secondary school, both our mums went in separately and pleaded with them not to put us together.

J: But Amy was always keeping her friends on their toes. I made her a friendship brooch once and she threw it in the sandpit.

A: She's an idiot. I never did that. She was the one with the upper hand. Juliette always had strawberry shoelaces in her bag, and you knew you were flavour of the day if she offered you one.

So were you split up at secondary school?

A: Yeah, we didn't see each other from when we were 13 to about 15.

J: You know you have those teenage phases where you're like, 'I'm a rude girl and you're a fuckin' grunger.'

A: Juliette didn't like it that I was walking around with a pin in my ear.

J (horrified): You used to pierce your own face!

A: But we always met at my house when we got to about 16 and started smoking dope, and when I got my publishing deal at 18 the first thing I did after I signed the contract and got my advance was to get a flat with Juliette.

J: I've got such brilliant memories of that flat. I'd have passed out from being stoned, and Amy would be roasting a chicken at three in the morning. When she's stressed, or a bit fucked up in the head, Amy'll be in the kitchen. She loves feeding people. She's a nutcase, but she's a good person. I worry for her a lot. There have been nights when I've been in bed and I've heard this banging sound.

A: And it's been me, banging my head against the wall. I don't do that so much these days.

Has your friendship ever been really tested?

J: Yeah, when she acts like a dickhead and I have to pick her up. Which is more or less all the time.

A: I'd be dead if it wasn't for Juliette. Easily.

J: But we both know that we'd rescue each other from a burning building if we had to. We've got that understanding. You can rely on your friends to be there when your family have totally washed their hands of you. I mean, we still share a house after all this time. In fact, I always said that if Amy was a black man, we'd be married. We're that close.

A: But it helps that our boyfriends have made us more stable. Well, relatively.

J: We've shared the same boyfriend, haven't we? Knowingly, too.

A: And when he split up with me, he was like, 'Can I go back out with Juliette?' And I was like, 'Fuck it, whatever.'

What do you like best about each other?

J: We don't have to say anything to each other. We think alike. One look from her and I know exactly what's going on in her head.

A: And Juliette's so on the ball it's unbelievable. I've got other friends that are scared of her because they know she knows they're idiots.

J: We don't sulk or brood. I had my nan's funeral the other day, and Amy's nan also died recently and we were both close to our nans, but we're not the sort of people to sit there and go, 'Are you all right?' to each other.

A: When my boyfriend came home and told me he was going to leave me, Juliette was like, 'OK, smoke a joint, pass out, be cool.'

Did your relationship change when Amy became famous?

J: No, from day one we've always had the same kind of goals, ambitions. I sing, and I write songs as well, and to be able to see her making a success of it brought us closer together. There's no jealousy there. Some of her other friends started acting a bit weird and starstruck. But if I see Amy on TV, I just think, 'Oh, there's Amy the Dickhead again.'

Have you written about Juliette in your songs?

A: I've got a song called 'Best Friends' that's about the time we first lived together. It's like I hate you, but I love you. The tempestuous times have had the effect of making us closer.

Do you put friends above family?

A: I definitely prioritise friends.

J: Your friends know you better than your family. You're not afraid to show your vulnerable side to them.

What would it take for you to fall out?

J: I'd have to shoot her boyfriend.

A: We've acted like arseholes to each other and we're still here. We're really thick-skinned.

Friendship is...

A: Being able to see through the other person's shit straight away.

J: Not having to say more than two words and the other person instantly getting where you're coming from. It's a whole language of its own.

http://observer.guar...rticle_continue

#3 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

Here's are some really cute pictures of Juliette & Amy. It's a huge picture scan so click on the link below. Check the news section and you will see it.

http://www.juliettebabyj.com

#4 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

Sounds like a falling out. Whether it is or not Amy needs Juliette in her life.
Great interview GFY.

#5 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

I agree. They're best friends and you can never really abandon your best friend. When it feels like you lost the game - your friends & family will always be there rooting & cheering for you.

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

I've read that article a while ago, read it many times actually, and if they've fallen out, i'd be very sad for both of them because what they had seemed like something very special. The fact that you never seen them together anymore made we wonder as well.

And yes I can see how these lyrics can be written about Amy as well.

#7 curehead

curehead

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

I really hope she stays unsigned

#8 GoFunkYourself

GoFunkYourself

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

I was being nosy again. I was trying to look for a video of Juliette singing and found a birthday video of her sister Jessica. And guess who's behind her. Some chick with nappy hair, and tattoos on her arm...

http://vids.myspace....VideoID=3692614

http://vids.myspace....VideoID=3692795

#9 orfdep olbap

orfdep olbap

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

That song was written about amy but it was written at a time when things were quite bad for amy( as we all know her well documented problems). It was like therapy for juliette, as we know they have been freinds since they were kids. They have not fallen out and remain still best friends but what people must understand is to see your best friend do so well at something since kids you have always dreamed about then to almost want to destroy herself by all the stuff that has go on with drugs etc.......is very hard to see, let alone accept. Thats what the songs about...therapy for Juliette. btw, I think curehead needs to be cured!

#10 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Can I be nosey and ask if you have inside info?

#11 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

i agree with the curehead bit orfdep olbap,

and also i really like this interview, its really nice, thanks for posting =]

#12 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:34 PM

Can I be nosey and ask if you have inside info?

I'm curious as well, curious who you [orfdep olbap] are and where you got that info.

27 year old from London? (like Juliette's sister. Birthday 10-04 is what it says, and Jessica's 26th birthday video was posted on myspace on 10-11-2007 so i'd guess her birthday is a couple of days before that. Hmm i'm not a stalker or anything really, i know it sounds like i am)

#13 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

I wonder if the complete lyrics are posted anywhere?

#14 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

Me too. To be honest I can't understand a whole lot, but then again i've never been good at understanding what is being sung.

Lol, hadn't noticed that yet Sue.
EDIT: Oh wait now you edited your post. My last comment reffers to the next post now.

#15 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

orfdep olbap -

olbap is Pablo, backwards....just a random thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users