44 replies to this topic

#31 Laul

Laul

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:42 AM

yes i do, i know Juliette and the song Cherry was not written for her it is about Amy's first guitar - she named it Cherry. :-)

#32 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

Remember this old thread?

[quote name='orfdep olbap']That song was written about amy but it was written at a time when things were quite bad for amy( as we all know her well documented problems). It was like therapy for juliette, as we know they have been freinds since they were kids. They have not fallen out and remain still best friends but what people must understand is to see your best friend do so well at something since kids you have always dreamed about then to almost want to destroy herself by all the stuff that has go on with drugs etc.......is very hard to see, let alone accept. Thats what the songs about...therapy for Juliette. btw, I think curehead needs to be cured![/quote]

[quote]Originally Posted by Jayne
Can I be nosey and ask if you have inside info?
I'm curious as well, curious who you [orfdep olbap] are and where you got that info.
[/quote][quote]Originally Posted by Sarahbol
27 year old from London? (like Juliette's sister. Birthday 10-04 is what it says, and Jessica's 26th birthday video was posted on myspace on 10-11-2007 so i'd guess her birthday is a couple of days before that. Hmm i'm not a stalker or anything really, i know it sounds like i am)
/QUOTE]

[quote] Originally posted by suestev07
I hope orfdep olbap (pedro f pablo:???:) isn't Juliette herself reading this [/quote]Well, here he is.... Pablo Pedro.... that is.
It was all legit.

http://www.facebook....fo&id=608751174
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#33 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

I was close. :)
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#34 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:14 AM

An otherwise normal love song, except for the lyrics "a genius in my eyes, you are a genius in their eyes, so far"...at about the 00:40 mark

another song for Amy?

Committed to You

http://www.myspace.com/juliettebabyj

Edited by suestev07, 29 December 2009 - 05:17 AM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#35 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

i think is for pedro pablo...although that partucular line of the song fits Amy very well..

i've been wondering...we never see Amy and her "old" friends together anymore...like all of them together like before...we just see her with tyler, or with a girl i think it's called naiomi...but we never see her with Juliette or with the all group...i keep thinking Amy feels lonely and misses what she made herself loose. it's sad and i hope i'm completely wrong.
  • Love is a losing game likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#36 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

There's a lot we don't see. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#37 ashlee

ashlee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

now i feel completely dumb.....
you are right sarah (:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

I know Amy and Juliette still talked over the phone when things were really bad with Amy, but didn't meet up because Juliette didnt want to get involved with the whole mess. Don't know what the situation is right now though, but I'm guessing it hasn't changed much.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#39 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

yes i do, i know Juliette and the song Cherry was not written for her it is about Amy's first guitar - she named it Cherry. :-)

No offense, but everyone knows that.. the question is, is Juliette the person Amy is comparing Cherry to? Can't imagine it isn't Juliette to be honest.

"After 18 years you still don't see me like you ought to do."
"So I got me a new best friend"

Plus how she talks about the friend in general.. Who else can it be??
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#40 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

I've always thought it was Juliette as well.

You've got to try pretty hard to miss the fact that Cherry is the guitar.

PS: I just read your Sara Hol comment again, I had completely forgotten about it (so now I'm laughing as if it's the first time I see it).

#41 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

I haven't watched it in a while, but in "I Told You I Was Trouble" dvd I think she says after playing "Cherry" that she wrote the song when she was away a lot and didn't have time to hang out with her best friend. And than she says that her friend is also a musician and everyone should check her out. Something like that I think...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#42 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

You're right! Forgot all about that..

+10 fan points for you! B-)

#43 Laul

Laul

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

i think is for pedro pablo...although that partucular line of the song fits Amy very well..

i've been wondering...we never see Amy and her "old" friends together anymore...like all of them together like before...we just see her with tyler, or with a girl i think it's called naiomi...but we never see her with Juliette or with the all group...i keep thinking Amy feels lonely and misses what she made herself loose. it's sad and i hope i'm completely wrong.

Ty, has know amy since she was 13 and Naomi is Ty's best friend. Exactly right there is alot you guys dont see but every1 is still very much in contact with each other no matter where our paths make take us we still speak. We are a normal group of friends just like anyone and the ones who have and will continue to support eacother.

#44 ashlee

ashlee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

^ thanks for makin that clear
i didn't realize you knew amy that well...count yourself lucky :)
hope everything is alright though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#45 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Amy was pictured with Juliette in St Lucia last year, you hardly see any pictures of Amy hanging out with Juliette.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users