266 replies to this topic

#256 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

I must say, I really love the demos on the deluxe disc. I think they are far superior than the final versions on Frank itself, which, after listening to the demos, now seems to be over-produced. I think I'll make a 'new' Frank playlist with the 3 demos replacing the finished versions.

They are so simple, and showcase Amy's voice a little more. I don't think they need the additional instrumentation. I would love to hear the demos of every song she has ever recorded.

#257 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

^ i did the same.
the demos of take the box and you sent me flying are so much better!

#258 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

I must say, I really love the demos on the deluxe disc. I think they are far superior than the final versions on Frank itself, which, after listening to the demos, now seems to be over-produced. I think I'll make a 'new' Frank playlist with the 3 demos replacing the finished versions.

They are so simple, and showcase Amy's voice a little more. I don't think they need the additional instrumentation. I would love to hear the demos of every song she has ever recorded.

Amy and a guitar is like the first draw....aaahhhh

#259 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

Amy and a guitar is like the first draw....aaahhhh

;) How true that is!

#260 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Howdy do! I hope most of you have been enjoying having Frank as a permanent resident of your CD player like I have! I also purchased the supa dupa fly version from Amazon UK. For you American punks, I was perusing the Best Buy flyer and they are advertising the 2-disc Frank deluxe edition for $9.99. It's probably not the supa dupa fly version but what the heck...$9.99!!! If you surf to Best Buy, it's on page 7 of the circular (pic and description are correct). The website doesn't show it properly though.

#261 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

I just got it today...a birthday present to myself...just listening to the bonus CD and loving the demos. I understand now what she meant about not liking some of the production on Frank. The demos have more simplicity and just let that beautiful voice fly! The sleeve notes made me a bit sad as they seemed almost like an elegy. The line about her being a 'single skill artist' is true I think. She's a wonderful musician, but pretty hopeless at playing the fame game. I know which skill is more important to me...

#262 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

For some strange reason, mine was missing the 2nd track on the bonus disc, "You sent me flying". Anyone else have that problem?
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#263 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

For some strange reason, mine was missing the 2nd track on the bonus disc, "You sent me flying". Anyone else have that problem?

Do you have the American version?

#264 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Do you have the American version?

Yes, and the 2nd track is listed, but not include. Go figure!!!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#265 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, I saw that. They have diff versions for diff countries...

#266 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

I hate it when they do that. When I got home with Frank, 35042 Amy-years ago, and saw that I was missing Mr. Magic I always threw a Kanye West inspired tantrum.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#267 Rafira

Rafira

Sparky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:21 AM

I bought this album too, a few months ago, I also got the deluxe edition of Back to Black and that dvd, I have one with a hardcoverboard (sp?) yesh I'm fond of special editons :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users