Exactly !
  • barbarakn60 likes this

#32 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

I just came back from running a bunch of errands only to find that Amazon had delivered an Amy Winehouse CD that had Close to the Front on it. Joy! (And also an Eddie Izzard DVD for Mom's b-day.) In more news, the Amazons are now listing the Frank Deluxe Edition! Woot! Though I sure as hell won't be paying what the US Amazon is asking, I'd rather buy from the UK.

Frank Limited Deluxe Edition US

as well as

Frank Limited Deluxe Edition UK

#33 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

^ cool, well as its on amazon now, im pre-ordering it :lol:

. . . . ."Daddy, can i borrow your credit card" :lol:

#34 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

In more news, the Amazons are now listing the Frank Deluxe Edition! Woot! Though I sure as hell won't be paying what the US Amazon is asking, I'd rather buy from the UK.

as well as

Yay!! :) Thanks Sue. Yep - the Amazon UK deal is much better, and they usually ship really fast, too. They never officially released the Deluxe B2B over here, and Amazon US was asking $49.99 for an import copy when it was first released!

Edit - it's 13.69 pounds on Amazon UK if you pre-order (although it shows 15.99)

#35 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Yay!! :) Thanks Sue. Yep - the Amazon UK deal is much better, and they usually ship really fast, too. They never officially released the Deluxe B2B over here, and Amazon US was asking $49.99 for an import copy when it was first released!

I'm tellin' ya, I was so impressed the first time I ordered from Amazon UK. I was living in MI and received the package about 8 days after the order. Now that I live in CT, I order on a Friday and receive it the following Thursday. Unbelievable! I remember collecting ABBA way back when and it took quite some time because you had to mail money (or whatever) and the retailers could pretty much take as long as they want to send the merchandise. Not like to today with all the competition a click away.

Edit - it's 13.69 pounds on Amazon UK if you pre-order (although it shows 15.99)

Perhaps that's with the VAT deducted?

#36 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

I just came back from running a bunch of errands only to find that Amazon had delivered an Amy Winehouse CD that had Close to the Front on it. Joy! (And also an Eddie Izzard DVD for Mom's b-day.) In more news, the Amazons are now listing the Frank Deluxe Edition! Woot! Though I sure as hell won't be paying what the US Amazon is asking, I'd rather buy from the UK.

as well as

gasp! $50!!! F-ing crap economy!

#37 moneymaker

moneymaker

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

yeah... theres no way in hell I'm paying 50 bills for a cd, i love amy and all but thats pushin' it...

#38 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

Me either, good thing, I've got a good friend across the pond...;)

#39 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

i paid £50 for a cd, am i mad lol

#40 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

No, not really, but I've got kids, I have no way to justify a $50 cd:lol: When I was single I used to buy $ 50 bottle of French champagne (pop), I luuurrvee Pop, now you have me missing it, hahaha.

#41 Aries_17

Aries_17

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

yeah... theres no way in hell I'm paying 50 bills for a cd, i love amy and all but thats pushin' it...

i wouldnt pay that much either... lucky for me its not as much ova here :) and yes lee ur mad, £50 for wat CD :???:

#42 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

lol in my defense it is "limited to 100 copies only"

#43 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

the cd, it was a rare 16 track promo release of back to black - the remixes

#44 Aries_17

Aries_17

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

oh it was an amy CD but £50 cum on now, i wudnt even pay £50 for a pair of jeans

#45 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

When I was single I could do all that stuff, because I had welathy benefactors, chloe, versace, dior...j'adore dior, but well it's a simple life now....
EDIT - don't miss it though, and if you had $200 to spend on jeans and knowing you had more where it came from, trust me you'd do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users