90 replies to this topic

#76 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Haven't had a chance to watch the clips yet but it all sounds very positive. Kudos to Amy, the girl has courage. Of course it won't get as much coverage because it's not scandalous enough...

#77 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

http://ukpress.googl...bJTW85hKk8e8piQ

Winehouse a hit at Spanish festival

12 hours ago

Soul diva Amy Winehouse sipped from a glass of red wine and at first looked a bit unsteady on her feet as she appeared in front of a large audience at the Rock In Rio music festival south east of Madrid.

Then, as a crowd of what concert organisers said was 40,000 cheered, she kicked off a pair of high stiletto heels in favour of white moccasins, donned a white electric guitar and settled into an intense rendition of some of her best-known songs, including Rehab.

The troubled singer delivered a strong vocal performance accompanied by her octet plus two male backing vocalists.

There was no hint of the controversy that saw the Grammy-winning vocal artist scuffle with a fan at the Glastonbury festival last weekend and show up an hour late looking the worse for wear last May in Portugal.

Winehouse did not stay for an encore and was seen leaving the outdoor concert venue by helicopter.

Winehouse's manager, Michael Jobson, told national broadcaster RTVE that the singer had looked forward to singing in Madrid after appearances in Portugal and London's Hyde Park.

English band Jamiroquai followed Winehouse on stage, with Colombian pop singer Shakira topping the bill.

The Police, Bob Dylan, Lenny Kravitz, Alejandro Sanz and Franz Ferdinand were all due to perform over the weekend.

Organisers said around 350,000 people were expected to have enjoyed music at the newly inaugurated concert site by the end of the festival.

#78 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

I'm in love with this LIALG clip.

Me too. It's 5:40 a.m. here and the song was perfect for the state my minds in. It's such a slow, sultry, and magical tune.

#79 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

You wouldn't believe what a relief I felt when she opened her mouth for the first time. It sounded a LOT better than she has done for a while. She didn't seem as lost as she's done lately and she looks a LOT fuller in real life (I was quite close to the stage, row 5!!!) She did look healthy and quite sexy really!

It pained me too much to see the audience clapping the most whenever she took a sip from her drink which was clearly NOT red wine but something with coke obviously (Jack Daniels more than likely). Got me crying like a baby with Back to Black, but that was to be expected. She didn't interact much with the crowd, didn't speak (not even about Blakey), but seemed alright. She did her usual self getting drunker by the minute and ending the show with very little energy but it's an improvement anyway.

Relief it's the perfect word to describe the show. It's a pitty that the word has to be that but hey! Less is nothing. I'm happy.
Posted Image

#80 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:52 AM

You she took a sip from her drink which was clearly NOT red wine but something with coke obviously (Jack Daniels more than likely)..

she drinks "sangria" ...

:P
http://www.elimparci...008/313844.aspx
"De Amy Winehouse no guarda mal recuerdo. Aquí ha estado más tranquila que en Lisboa. Allí nos dio la lata cuando quería cambiar el color de uñas y porque tenía mal un brazo y había que curárselo". En Arganda, además de la comida del camerino, sólo pidió sangría para refrescarse en el escenario. "Se la preparamos aquí"

"about Amy Winehouse , she(Ingrid Berge) does not keep bad memories. Here has been calmer than in Lisbon. there gave us the bored when she wanted to change the color of nails and because she had damaged her arm,and had that cure it". In Arganda(madrid) ,addition to the clubhouse meal, only requested Sangria to refresh her on the stage. Preparing here "

sorry my traduction xd!

Edited by akemi, 07 July 2008 - 06:03 AM.

Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)

#81 Alcyon

Alcyon

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Under a perfect blue sky the angels with sun were with her

#82 PabloD

PabloD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Oh! Sangria does make sense aswell... I just knew it wasn't wine. Thanks Akemi!

I just watched some of the videos on Youtube and it sounds good aswell. She's obviously better than she has been for a while. Let's just pray it lasts and she gets back to her usual amazing self. Just watching some of her performances from 2006 make me depressed.
Posted Image

#83 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Oh! Sangria does make sense aswell... I just knew it wasn't wine. Thanks Akemi!

I just watched some of the videos on Youtube and it sounds good aswell. She's obviously better than she has been for a while. Let's just pray it lasts and she gets back to her usual amazing self. Just watching some of her performances from 2006 make me depressed.

True, I couldn't believe the performances late 2007, understandbly she's upset and traumatized by losing her new spouse. However, she shouldn't have performed if she could not handle her situation.

Winehouse is due to perform the Oxegen concert this weekend, from what the press says, it doesn't look good for Blake.....
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#84 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

I watched the videos on Youtube, she looks and sounds pretty good. A relief, again. Can't say she's the 'old Amy' again, but I hope she's on the way.She didn't sing and talk about Blake too much. I'm satisfied :)
Thank you all for the reviews, videos and pictures.
What kind of fuckery is this

#85 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

Her entire performance can be found (in segments) @ http://www.videos.amy-w.net/. I wish it were in it's entirety, but better than nothing. Can't get Message to you Rudy out of my mind. Anyone else?
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#86 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for all the video links! :) I loved her performance! She didn´t seem as happy and cheery as in Glastonbury but her voice was amazing for most of the show. I think she really needs these performances to see how much her fans love her and how much her music means to everyone of us. Maybe that will give her some self confidence and makes it worth it for her to stay away from the drugs and get her life together ...
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#87 PabloD

PabloD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

^^ That's a very valid point. Wish that would work...
Posted Image

#88 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

minute 00:12 amy arrives

#89 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the video Carla! I remember watching that concert on TV with tears in my eyes, for not being there and because the commentarist was terribly annoying (to say the least). Anyway, it was an amazing gig. I feel so proud she gave two wonderful concerts in my country, despite I couldn't go to any of them.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#90 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Don't mention it!
I could not go, I saw it on television. Amy was fantastic!I like when she takes off her shoes and she gets the ballerinas. the commentarist are stupid...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users