69 replies to this topic

#1 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has been nominated for three prestigious music awards.

Winehouse on stageThe Brit - who earlier this year scooped five Grammys - is leading the way in the 53rd Ivor Novello Awards.

Two of her songs, Love Is A Losing Game and You Know I'm No Good, are shortlisted in the Best Song category.

On top of that, her smash hit Rehab is listed in the Performing Right Society's (PRS) most performed work section.

Winehouse, 24, whose husband Blake Fielder-Civil is also in jail on remand, has been dogged with personal problems with lurid stories of drug and alcohol abuse.

A video of the singer apparently smoking crack cocaine was published by The Sun.
Soon afterwards she checked into Rehab.

The strain shows earlier this yearAfter her Grammy success, the star's mother Janis said: "Well, as you saw, she looks good and it's a case of she's on the road, and that's what it's about, she's on the road to recovery."

Winehouse has won two Ivors before.

The awards - named after the British musician, songwriter, playwright and actor who died 1951 - are presented by the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters in association with the PRS.

They are designed to celebrate British music writing and will be presented at Grosvenor House, London, on Thursday, May 22.

http://news.sky.com/...1313483,00.html

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Ivor Novello Awards? Nominated three times? Great!

#3 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

great news, but seems she should be in other categories as well. why no songwriter nod? two songs in the same category? Rehab for best selling british song, against betonce/shakira and mika....guess we could look up the stats and determine that winner. what did Amy win for before?

edit...nevermind, Stronger Than Me and Rehab, both for best Song.

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Also The Mirror:

(What's this?)Amy Winehouse has been nominated for three Ivor Novello Awards - known as the Oscars of British songwriting.

Last year, she won Best Contemporary Song for her breakthrough hit Rehab.

Now this year, Rehab is nominated for Best-Selling British Song, while both Love is a Losing Game, and You Know I'm No Good are nominated for Best Song Musically and Lyrically.

It's the first time that a singer has been nominated twice the same year in the category since the awards were launched in 1955.

They come despite reports that Winehouse, whose husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, is in prison awaiting trial for allegedly perverting the course of justice, has been warned by her record label that it will not release a third album unless she is completely clean from drugs.

Two months ago, the north London singer dominated the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, despite not being at the event, scooping five of the top prizes including best new artist, best pop vocal album, record of the year and song of the year for Rehab.

In the Best-Selling British Song category, Winehouse is up against Mika's Grace Kelly and the Beyonce and Shakira track Beautiful Liar, which was written by Briton Amanda Ghost.

Radiohead's In Rainbows is up for best Album, while Foundations by London singer Kate Nash and Golden Skans by the Klaxons are nominated for Best Contemporary Song.

Take That's Shine, Kaiser Chiefs' Ruby, and Just Jack's Starz In Their Eyes all receive nominations for being the most-performed radio tracks of the year.

Advertisement
The Awards will take place at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on May 22.

The full list of nominations are:

BEST SONG MUSICALLY AND LYRICALLY

Song: Let Me Out Writer/s: Rosi Golan / Jamie Hartman Performed By: Ben's Brother

Song: Love Is A Losing Game Writer/s: Amy Winehouse Performed By: Amy Winehouse

Song: You Know I'm No Good Writer/s: Amy Winehouse Performed By: Amy Winehouse

BEST CONTEMPORARY SONG

Song: Foundations Writer/s: Paul Epworth/Kate Nash Performed By: Kate Nash

Song: Golden Skans Writer/s: Jamie Reynolds/James Righton/Simon Taylor-Davies Performed By: Klaxons

Song: People Help The People Writer/s: Simon Aldred Performed By: Cherry Ghost

BEST ORIGINAL FILM SCORE

Film: Atonement Composer: Dario Marianelli

Film: Becoming Jane Composer: Adrian Johnston

Film: La Vie en Rose Composer: Christopher Gunning

BEST TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK

Broadcast: Oliver Twist Composer: Martin Phipps

Broadcast: Primo Composer: Jonathan Goldstein

Broadcast: Who Killed Mrs de Ropp? Composer: Paul Moessl

PRS MOST PERFORMED WORK

Song: Ruby Writer/s: Nicholas Baines/Nick Hodgson/James Rix/Andrew White/Ricky Wilson Performed By: Kaiser Chiefs

Song: Shine Writer/s: Gary Barlow/Howard Donald/Jason Orange/Mark Owen/ Stephen Robson Performed By: Take That

Song: Starz In Their Eyes Writer/s: Jack Allsopp Performed By: Just Jack

BEST-SELLING BRITISH SONG

Song: Beautiful Liar Writer/s: Ian Dench/Mikkel Eriksen/Amanda Ghost/Tor Erik Hermansen/Beyonce Knowles Performed By: Beyonce and Shakira

Song: Grace Kelly Writer/s: Jodi Marr/John Merchant/Mika/Dan Warner Performed By: Mika

Song: Rehab Writer/s: Amy Winehouse Performed By: Amy Winehouse

ALBUM AWARD

Album: In Rainbows Writer/s: Colin Greenwood/Jonny Greenwood/Edward O'Brien/ Philip Selway/Thom Yorke Performed By: Radiohead

Album: Man On The Roof Writer/s: Stephen Fretwell Performed By: Stephen Fretwell

Album: Thirst For Romance Writer/s: Simon Aldred Performed By: Cherry Ghost

http://www.mirror.co...89520-20390661/

#5 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

That's good recognition...for your hardwork. Too bad, she cannot see herself!

#6 aries_124

aries_124

I died a hundred times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

^^ i agree...its been wat 2 or 3 years after the original release of the album and she's still getting awards :clap: :clap:

#7 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Wow, 2 of 3 nominations in one category. Great!

#8 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

also on mrpaparazzi with new photos.
she looks alright.

#9 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

also on mrpaparazzi with new photos.
she looks alright.

Thanks, she looks good in my opinion, indeed. :)

#10 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, she looks good in my opinion, indeed. :)

and i'm not worried about her at the moment.

#11 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:18 AM

Glad to hear that LIALG was nominated. What a perfect song that is. Just gorgeous.

#12 flick

flick

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:14 AM

I don't know how reliable people mag is as so many of the articles out there right now are negative all the time! People seem to have stories about her not being on the brink in stark contrast to everyone else but anyway? Who knows, like many of you I am now taking a back seat.

"Winning Ivors for my songwriting have been some of the best moments in my music career," says Winehouse, 24. "I'm overwhelmed to be nominated three times, let alone twice in the same category. It's come at a great time too. I'm excited to be back at work in the studio, enjoying songwriting and making music again."

http://www.people.co...0193912,00.html

#13 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

Glad to hear that LIALG was nominated. What a perfect song that is. Just gorgeous.

Yes it is. I think this song should win. Lyrically it's better than YKING.

#14 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

Yay! That´s good news! I hope Amy wins ... it would be well deserved! :)

#15 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

will be presented at Grosvenor House, London, on Thursday, May 22.

That's today. :woot:

I wonder if she'll be there...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users