#1 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

CHUCK BERRY???? You lucky dawgs!!!!!!!!

"Bestival 2008 is now a complete sell-out.

http://www.thisisham...l_a_sellout.php

With an incredible line-up that includes indie giants My Bloody Valentine, queen of soulful pop Amy Winehouse and techno titans Underworld in the headline slots, 30,000 tickets have sold out with almost six months to spare.

Bestival curator and BBC Radio 1 DJ Rob da Bank, who hails from Hamble, said: "We sold out of 30,000 tickets in record time which is ace because now I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine!"

Treats for tickets holders at Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight, from September 5-7 include the BBC Introducing tent full of cutting edge talent from the likes of The Duke Spirit, Teenagers and Tawiah to some of the world's greatest DJs such as Laurent Garnier and Carl Craig plus pop legends Human League and Gary Numan.

There will also be Bestival fun and games, some very special fifth birthday high-jinks and fancy dress.

For anyone who hasn't yet got a ticket there is still plenty of Bestival cheer to be had this summer with the inaugural Camp Bestival at Lulworth Castle in July.

advertisement
The line-up includes the likes of rock 'n' roll daddy Chuck Berry, the psychedelic costumed craziness of Flaming Lips and Brit Award-winning Kate Nash."

#2 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Cool line-up!

#3 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:20 AM

Gary Numan???!!!

#4 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:24 AM

Hey! Leave Gary Numan alone! A lot of hip-hop guys give Gary major props. He was really groundbreaking in his day, and he's only now getting the recognition he deserves. He's had a lot of stick over the years because he was never 'hip', but he's been sampled and imitated many times. He's really been quite influential.

#5 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:35 AM

queen of soulful pop Amy Winehouse

There will also be Bestival fun and games, some very special fifth birthday high-jinks and fancy dress.

Wish the queen was doing better. All's not right in the kingdom...

#6 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

http://www.iwcp.co.u...ls_to_show.aspx

Bestival back-up plan if Amy fails to show

By Ross Findon - Monday, September 1, 2008

Posted Image
Bestival organisers have a back-up plan in case headliner Amy Winehouse drops out.

BESTIVAL bosses have said they have a back-up plan in case headliner Amy Winehouse drops out.
The troubled star pulled out of Rock En Seine in Paris at the weekend with a spokesman claiming she was unwell.
Her management has refused to comment on whether she will face legal action as a result of pulling out of that festival just two hours before she was due on stage.
Amy is due to headline Bestival on Saturday and organisers have said they are discussing the situation with her management.
On the event’s website forum yesterday (Sunday), Radio 1 DJ and Bestival co-founder Rob da Bank said: “Regarding Amy, simply, I do not have any more info as of today. I am in contact with her agent and manager and we’ll know what’s happening after the weekend.”
He added: “If she can’t do the gig, rest assured I do have a very good back up plan...Have we ever let you down?”
Bestival bosses have announced provisional times for many of the acts due to perform over the weekend.
They can be seen at www.bestival.net/html/news/813

#7 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

good for them. I'm not holding my breath on this one.. i don't think she'll be there. I just can't understand why she doesn't cancel now
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

I'd just as well she didn't show. :(

#9 Elena

Elena

Life is like a pipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

I dont think she will be there either.
Ellie

#10 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:14 AM

V was one festival too many. Hope it's over now.

Now I'm worried about this "brain damage" business. I know it's just a rumor, but I sure don't like those words appearing in the same sentence as "Amy Winehouse".
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#11 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

None of us who are going think she'll turn up either, probably better if she doesn't to be truthful. Am sooooooooooo excited about this, is the best festival in UK apart from Glasto (is basically Glasto just smaller)
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#12 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Have fun there Kyla ! The prog (is this english??) seems really cool , I love festival atmosphere ! I am sure you will enjoy even without her. It's better not seeing anything than seeing a painful performance anyway.

#13 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Lise. I love Bestival, am not taking any "normal" clothes, only fairy clothes & my costume for Saturday which is fancy dress day. The line up is fab & I just can't wait
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

Just found this info:

Bestival creator DJ Rob da Bank has revealed that he has a back-up plan in case Amy Winehouse does not turn up to her scheduled slot at the Isle Of Wight bash on Saturday (September 6).

Writing on the Bestival website forum, the DJ said that at present the singer is still expected to perform her headline slot.

Winehouse was threatened with legal action after failing to show up to her scheduled show at Paris' Rock En Seine festival on Friday (August 29).

"Regarding Amy, simply, I do not have any more info as of today (September 2)," he wrote "I am in contact with her agent and manager and we'll know what's happening after the weekend.

"If she can't do the gig, rest assured I do have a very good back-up plan. Have we ever let you down?"

http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/39442
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#15 Lise

Lise

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

TROUBLED Amy Winehouse stunned organisers of a music festival by ordering 48 bottles of Jack Daniels, according to a report.
Organisers of the three-day Bestival event on the Isle of Wight said they were shocked when Winehouse requested two whole crates of bourbon for the gig, The Sun said.
Now they are concerned that Winehouse - who is already facing legal threats after pulling out of a scheduled performance in France recently - may appear on stage in no state to wow the festival crowds.
A festival source described her request as "a ridiculous amount that she and her team could not possibly consume during their short stay".

“Everyone is really excited about getting Amy to perform here, and naturally there are now fears she is planning something wild," the source told the UK tabloid.

“With Amy’s record this can mean failure to perform or giving a shambolic performance. Whiskey is better than heroin - but not 48 bottles of the stuff.”

http://www.news.com....5012974,00.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users