Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

Steve Hargrave
Showbiz correspondent
Updated:15:30, Friday May 02, 2008

Amy Winehouse is "not ready to record any music", her producer has told Sky News in an exclusive interview.

Troubled star Amy WinehouseMark Ronson said he has been forced to stop work with her on their collaboration for the next Bond movie.

"We tried to work for a little bit. I'm not sure she's ready to work on music yet," he said.

Asked if the Quantum of Solace track will be made he added: "I don't think so unless by some miracle of science it gets recorded and someone sings a vocal on it so probably not.

"We did work on it but we never finished it so that's about it."

Asked if the pair are due to work on other projects he replied: "No, we tried to work for a little bit. I'm not sure she's ready to work on music yet".

The musician and DJ was speaking to Sky News ahead of his appearance at the London Bandstand festival at Old Billingsgate Market tomorrow night.

Last week Winehouse was cautioned for common assault after slapping a man during a night out in London.

She spent last Friday night at Holborn Police Station, which she voluntarily attended for questioning over the incident.

Winehouse and Mark RonsonHer husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, is currently in prison on remand over a charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Winehouse has been nominated for three prestigious music awards.

The Brit - who earlier this year scooped five Grammys - is leading the way in the 53rd Ivor Novello Awards.

Two of her songs, Love Is A Losing Game and You Know I'm No Good, are shortlisted in the Best Song category.

Meanwhile, a recent poll saw Winehouse voted the ultimate heroine by UK youngsters.

Respondents in the under-25 age group also nominated another troubled singer, Pete Doherty, as the second most popular ultimate hero.

http://news.sky.com/...1314848,00.html
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#2 YiGO

YiGO

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

she needs a break.

#3 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

She probably does need a break, but it still made me kind of sad to read this.

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

I've seen a clip of the interview and their is a sadness about him when asked about Amy, it doesn't sound good. I will try and you tube it later.

#5 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

So is this a reliable source? Cos I know she was at the studio yesterday..

Edit: I see, it's reliable then.

#6 ILUVPUFF

ILUVPUFF

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

""bloooody obvious from word go!!!?? mentally i dont think she is quiet right at the moment "Do You??

i realllllly cant see her doing festivals this year,,and to be honest,,,i dont think she will record much know
there was an article the otherday saying AMY was gonna start her own record label!!
one more album for island then its byeeeeeee byeeeeeeee to them from AMY

#7 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

I've seen a clip of the interview and their is a sadness about him when asked about Amy, it doesn't sound good. I will try and you tube it later.

That's really sad... Not the fact that she isn't going to record for a while, but the fact that he's not sure she's ready to work on music yet. Doesn't sound good at all.

Ok thanks Jayne, I'd like to see it.

#8 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

this is what i've suspected, what with all the recent events. her focus seems to be on anything but work, so I wasn't really surprised to see tickets for her SF gig for sale this Sunday disappear from the site. What a shame. Wonder if there is any truth about her people wanting her to go to that rehab facility in Arizona. It's my belief she should have gone right back into the rehab facility in UK after the Grammy's.
we here know she's not up to working, so I think the general public must feel the same way. I'd be surprised if she goes through with the festivals she's scheduled to be at.

#9 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

Very sad to hear, indeed, but I can't really say I'm surprised. Her demeanour lately is very worrying. Sometimes I wonder if she'll ever see/ understand that she has an addiction problem.

#10 masie

masie

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

Here is the same news from The Mirror
http://www.mirror.co...89520-20403192/

Isn't it about a time that someone said it loud? Even it is sad to all of us to read about it. But where did Amy goes from London a couple day's a go? She isn't London some report said that she went to Marks place and continued working on the new Bond song or new music for the third album? ( The Mirror)
These report must be wrong she isn't Marks place. Maybe she actually is in rehab but where?
http://www.mrpaparaz...h.aspx#comments

#11 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Mark has a way about him of telling the truth in a kind, diplomatic way...

#12 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

well, looks like it's back on ....from ticketmaster. what's goin' on???????

Fri, 08/01/08
08:00 PM Greek Theatre-U.C. Berkeley
Berkeley, CA Amy Winehouse
More Info »
on sale:
Sun, 05/11/08 10:00 AM

#13 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

there was more on the sky page:

Asked if the pair are due to work on other projects he replied: "No, we tried to work for a little bit. I'm not sure she's ready to work on music yet".

However, a spokesman for Winehouse has said: "Mark has presented a track to Amy, but she had other ideas about the direction it should take.

"She has always made her own decisions about her music.

"Needless to say, this is part of the process between artist and producer and we're sure they will continue to make great music together."

Sources stress that her health had absolutely no bearing on her decision to suspend the sessions, stating that Winehouse did not go ahead because she did not feel the song was appropriate in its current form.

lets hope.

#14 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

I've uploaded a small clip from Sky News, you can view it here:

• Love is a losing game likes this

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

I have zero faith in Amy right now. Zero. I don't think she'll live long enough to reach the magic rock and roll OD age of 27.
She came to those sessions with Ronson too fucked up to work. That's a great way to treat a friend and producer that helped you sell 8 million records and win 5 Grammys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users