148 replies to this topic

#31 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

'This me' - I think it means 'This is what I said' (to him) - does that make sense? Like This me: 'yeah, baby, and the rest'

Yes - to both - like 'you don't know the half of it, mate'

thats what i thought it was! :)

(god, ive been trying to think of something i could say so that i could join in here, but i couldnt, so im happy now! lol)
  • jackhp1 likes this

#32 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Lainey you beat me to it !

edit- i was feeling the same zoe :lol:

#33 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

:lol: Hey - I just got the frozen turkey one, so I'm happy!

#34 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

im still not 100% on the turkey lol

#35 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

You don't trust us Lee?

#36 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

I looked it up cause it was bugging me lol...
Many people seem to think that since the song appears to be about drugs+break-ups... That pipe is a crack pipe and the penny is a crack rock.

I don't really know how that works.

Many people are stupid and apparently suck at determining the meanings of metaphors. First of all, she wasn't on crack back then so it makes absolutely no sense that it's about a crack pipe. Second, they didn't determine the meaning of the metaphor, they just changed penny to crack rock and pipe to crack pipe. But still haven't explained what that means. Third, how the hell does a penny equal a crack rock anyway? "Pipe? OH a crack pipe! Then the penny must be a crack rock!". Tell them to never come round here until they come up with something better haha! :lol: She's a tiny crack rock rolling up the walls inside of a crack pipe? Well, of course she is! :lol:

#37 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

One thing I don't get; in Rehab, when she sings "This me, yeah baby and the rest"(at least I think that's what she says), what does she mean?

I always interpreted that as in her saying "the way I am right now? Yes, I am depressed.. and all that other shit too". As in, she's saying she's a mess altogether at that point in time.

#38 HeyLittleRichGirl

HeyLittleRichGirl

Hand Me Your Stella & Fly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

Many people are stupid and apparently suck at determining the meanings of metaphors. First of all, she wasn't on crack back then so it makes absolutely no sense that it's about a crack pipe. Second, they didn't determine the meaning of the metaphor, they just changed penny to crack rock and pipe to crack pipe. But still haven't explained what that means. Third, how the hell does a penny equal a crack rock anyway? "Pipe? OH a crack pipe! Then the penny must be a crack rock!". Tell them to never come round here until they come up with something better haha! :lol: She's a tiny crack rock rolling up the walls inside of a crack pipe? Well, of course she is! :lol:

That wasn't my interpretation though. Just when I typed in back to black lyric meaning...
Everyone has they're own interpretations.
I don't know what the pipe thing means.

Anyway... I thought the rehab one was "kiss me, yeah baby, and go rest"
So like, the guy (maybe a doctor) says she's just depressed, kiss me, then go rest... like he's saying you don't need rehab you're just exhausted... see ya later.

LOL :???:
I give up on this game.:surrender:

#39 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

That wasn't my interpretation though. Just when I typed in back to black lyric meaning...
Everyone has they're own interpretations.
I don't know what the pipe thing means.

Anyway... I thought the rehab one was "kiss me, yeah baby, and go rest"
So like, the guy (maybe a doctor) says she's just depressed, kiss me, then go rest... like he's saying you don't need rehab you're just exhausted... see ya later.

LOL :???:
I give up on this game.:surrender:

I know it's not your interpretation, I was just bashing on whoever said it was a crack pipe haha it's just silly imo.

#40 HeyLittleRichGirl

HeyLittleRichGirl

Hand Me Your Stella & Fly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

^lol o.k.
Though, I was reading someone's take on the whole song, like that it was about drugs. It makes sense but only when people think every word is a symbol... someone was saying the "black" was a heroin reference. WTF...

Btw, how funny is it that in another thread we were all going on about how we love Amy's direct approach to lyrics and how we don't have to over-annalyse her songs. LOL

#41 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

Haha!! She's obviously not always direct.. Saying she only holds a bloke's hand to get the angle right is really direct, and the pipe thing is really indirect. She balances both approaches very well and keeps things interesting by doing so imo.

#42 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

[quote name='HeyLittleRichGirl']
^lol o.k.
Though, I was reading someone's take on the whole song, like that it was about drugs. It makes sense but only when people think every word is a symbol... someone was saying the "black" was a heroin reference. WTF...[/quote]
Well, someone really had the wrong idea and was over analyzing, as she says in the song "You love blow, and I love puff" - which means, i believe, "you love coke, and I love pot"! lol[/quote]

[quote]Btw, how funny is it that in another thread we were all going on about how we love Amy's direct approach to lyrics and how we don't have to over-annalyse her songs. LOL
[/quote]

Her songs are easy to understand, but there may be a line here and there that isn't all that clear

#43 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

I'm wasn't sure as well if I had understood it. I was always thinking about a pipe (that can go upwards and downwards), but the line "I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside", I was always think it means that I'm going down, touching the walls of the pipe, because it's crooked. Sometimes you downright fall (and don't touch the walls), and sometimes there are angles and crooks when you do. It slows down the fall. In the sense that "up to walls" was to say "against the walls" or "towards the walls".
But maybe I'm just too biased, because I earn half of my income for translating heating systems manuals from German :lol:

#44 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

But maybe I'm just too biased, because I earn half of my income for translating heating systems manuals from German :lol:

So, you're the expert when it comes to pipes? :)

#45 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

"so a penny in a pipe is refering back to pot and a penny of pot is really small in a pipe ;) " still stuggling with this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users