148 replies to this topic

#106 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Yeah I heard it as "kiss me" at first, but it made no sense... then re-listened (and read the lyrics) and it makes more sense: "this me: 'yeah baby, and the rest....'"
LOL!!! Was gonna say am sure most people on the forum would know came, come (cum)... orgasm... :P but hell maybe that's just me!

Likkle carpet burn, urm maybe it's me again, but that made sense

Is it - "then you know this likkle carpet burn..." or is it "then you notice likkle carpet burns...." pretty much same difference really, but was wondering really... yeah it makes no real difference, you know this little carpet burn isn't from being with you, and you notice I have carpet burns (again not from you is implied....) meh

Five storey fire.... never got that... just assumed it was like their love is so great and burns so much it's up to the fifth storey already.... :P blah too much Absinthe too make much sense!

#107 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

the "five story fire as you came" line I have always interpreted as she was seeing a number of guys back when she hadn't met blake
and when blake came into her sight, she couldn't help but end all stories with other guys (fire as ended)
also "fire" means the love she had for blake,as a contrast to she only as a flame in blake's heart

as in b2b,"and I tread a troubled track" i thought she meant in two ways:1.she is walking through a troubled path and 2.that's why "back to black" is a troubled "track"

amy is extremely good with words that transcended the meaning itself
and she often plays with them ,like "Not even in the evening", "Its got me addicted ,does more than any dick did"--simply brilliant!

as for wake up alone, i am quite sure she said" If I was my heart"
i think she deliberately used a lot of terms that referred to water,as a tribute to The Beach Boys"Lonely Sea"

i love all lyrics from amy,really poetic and refined
she's sensitive,shy,bold,clever,insecure,humourous,dark,playful,subtle,a conflicted person
from that--you can just tell she could be a great novelist
if she couldn't sing, I will buy every shit she writes

#108 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

the "five story fire as you came" line
Are you a guy or gal? I would love to know how guys interpret this line versus grls...cos w/ out grossing anyone, I have always understood it as Blake's 'orgasm'.

2.that's why "back to black" is a troubled "track"

Never thought of it this...mmmh good thinking.

#109 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

The album Frank is named that for what reason, her honesty, or a guy ?

#110 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

In honor of Frank Sinatra

#111 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

Thanks... how's you discover that? I always wondered....

#112 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

You're welcome. There are plenty interviews. If you go through the Amy Articles thread, I am sure you will find my gems!

#113 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

In honor of Frank Sinatra

Yes, but it's about her honesty as well? I can remember she said in an interview: 'I'm just being frank and direct about stuff and not really giving a shit about what people might think'. (or something like that)

#114 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

plus i thought it was also named after her dog with her boyfriend at the time, who in turn was also named after mr sinatra

i think it perfectly summarises the record, and back to black also is perfect for that record.

any suggestions as to the next records title?!

#115 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

Yes, but it's about her honesty as well? I can remember she said in an interview: 'I'm just being frank and direct about stuff and not really giving a shit about what people might think'. (or something like that)

Yes.

Actually I heard her say it was just about being frank and not really Frank Sinatra, but then in another interview she said that it was in honor or Frank Sinatra.

#116 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

i thought pipe was reference to a crack pipe?

#117 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

lol, no.
That's what some tabloids made of it.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#118 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

I thought that the rolling meant that she (the penny) was out of control, just rolling around aimlessly?

Thats what I thought it was aswell,,!
Hmmm,, we should write to her asking what all these things mean loll,,! I bet she's be happy to explain :)

#119 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

i was watching a concert she did recently,
i think it was oxygen or t in the park,
and she sang "and life ain't gonna be a pipe"
like she says like if isn't going to be a crack pipe anymore,
that was really good to hear.
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#120 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

i was watching a concert she did recently,
i think it was oxygen or t in the park,
and she sang "and life ain't gonna be a pipe"
like she says like if isn't going to be a crack pipe anymore,
that was really good to hear.

Fingers crossed. That would be terrific if she could hang on for that difficult ride back to being clean.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users