#12046 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Forum malfunction? :)

yes, what i wrote didnt print.. But i just wanted to say i still think she looks pretty in the pic...

#12047 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

You can have glimpses of happiness when you're depressed.
But in the final years, there was like a latent sorrow, behind the smiles. I don't know if that was depression/medication or what, but she seemed broken. Like you can see she's been hurt and she could never be that fresh young naive pre-junkie Amy anymore...

I really do think she COULD have got that look back had she genuinely been able to beat her demons. I really do. I sometimes think that the empty look in later years was exhaustion. She was either putting things into her body, or fighting them, for SO long. I think towards the end she (and her whole body) really started to grow tired of the cycle. :(

#12048 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I don't know...I'd like to think she could have. When she got back with Blake that look didn't come back, at least in the few rare photos of them together.
But you're right, she seemed tired of the cycle, tired of letting herself (and everyone else) down everytime she went down that road again. I hope she knows that we're angry but that we forgive her...

Amy makes me want to believe in heaven...
  • blacktoypoodle likes this

#12049 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I don't know...I'd like to think she could have. When she got back with Blake that look didn't come back, at least in the few rare photos of them together.
But you're right, she seemed tired of the cycle, tired of letting herself (and everyone else) down everytime she went down that road again. I hope she knows that we're angry but that we forgive her...

Amy makes me want to believe in heaven...

I don't want her to know we're angry. Just to know that she's loved no matter what.
I want to believe in heaven too because mine would consist of Amy... but I can't imagine it... you can't have peace/happiness without the opposite, and that is life, and deep down I think that's all we have.

Sometimes I think Amy had a certain happiness I'll never have, yet I know she had a depression/misery I've never had. So I really have contradictory feelings about her happiness.

#12050 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

really started to grow tired of the cycle. :(

Tired. It's the perfect word. Despite the time spent in St. Lucia, I feel that Amy never had the right to rest. First, there was the first break with Blake and then the album B2B. (This involves a lot of concerts, travel, interviews, photoshoots)

Then it was drugs and alcohol. Those who have not experienced can not imagine how a person who takes drugs inflicted damage to his body. Even if you take cocaine and feels no fatigue or no pain, it doesn't disappear. I'd rather say that it accumulates and when you stop, you feel all the physical consequences that were stopped abruptly. And that's what Amy did. She stopped, she began again, and so on. So she exposed her body to an almost constant fatigue.

Then there were private problems. Her husband in jail, her father and her mother sick, her grandmother died, the fragility of her career, the inability to have children (women who have eating disorders have no periods) etc.. As if that wasn't enough, she had to endure the presence of paparazzis, the judgment of others, rumors in the press, the disappointment she imposed to her friends and family, the guilty conscience etc. Later there was her divorce, Blake had a child ... God, just write it is exhausting !

How to believe in a better life after crossing so many dramas in so little time. (2006 - 2011) So yes, I think in the last moments of her short life, Amy could no longer handle all this. I even think that she couldn't wait anymore for the worst to happen, if you want my opinion. It's a war without end! I think she no longer had the strength to fight just another day. It was too much.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I'm not angry against Amy. I discovered this woman after her death so I guess I had not accumulated frustrations to her over the years. I have not assisted in her downfall, live. I can understand that, living too many dramas that she has experienced.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#12051 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

^Anger is a natural part of the grieving process and I think you can grieve even if you didn't follow her all along because it's the sense of a great loss that people who discover her now will even feel. She was also a part of our time, so it's different than if you find an artist long after their passing. Sometimes I'm so pissed at her, but mostly I'm just sad.

#12052 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Anger is a natural part of the grieving process

Yes I know. I hope that I have insulted anyone. I think it's normal to be angry. If I had known her before her death and saw how she behaved at the time, I would have wanted to slap her! haha. What I am saying is that on my side, I already knew what Amy had done (I didn't learn it from week to week on the pages of magazines) and I knew the end of the story, which in this case is death. So I never felt anger towards her. (Although even today, a year later, when I watch a gig and see a white substance on her nose I think, god Amy why did you do that?)

Posted Image

#12053 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

^Oh I'm sure you knew that, I meant to say even before I really knew Amy well, I was pissed to see the kind of state she was in... I'm not a fan of self-destructive behavior, although I know the psychological issues behind it, etc.
And I think new fans in the next 5 years can feel the loss (anger, sadness) just as much as fans who knew her when she was alive... am I wrong?

Edited by allisost, 05 September 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#12054 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

And I think new fans in the next 5 years can feel the loss (anger, sadness) just as much as fans who knew her when she was alive... am I wrong?

Not at all. You're right. I found this picture a few minutes ago and it made ​​me think of what I explained earlier. I think these quotes are exactly what Amy felt at the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12055 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

^Breaks my heart. How can a woman this brilliant, beautiful, charming, and full of love have felt so bad?

#12056 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Breaks my heart. How can a woman this brilliant, beautiful, charming, and full of love have felt so bad?

It's sad. Nobody deserves that.

Posted Image

#12057 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

What I am saying is that on my side, I already knew what Amy had done (I didn't learn it from week to week on the pages of magazines) and I knew the end of the story, which in this case is death. So I never felt anger towards her. (Although even today, a year later, when I watch a gig and see a white substance on her nose I think, god Amy why did you do that?)

I understand what you mean now. I'm way slow today, sorry about that! haha
For example, you didn't have to anticipate her performances and then see her do badly, or she would seem to be getting better and then all of a sudden she's a mess again... or something like that ha

#12058 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I understand what you mean now. I'm way slow today, sorry about that! haha
For example, you didn't have to anticipate her performances and then see her do badly, or she would seem to be getting better and then all of a sudden she's a mess again... or something like that ha

Haha. You get it! This is exactly what I meant. :)

Posted Image

#12059 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

And just a little note for the discussion above in Amy's own words:

"I’m honest, but I believe in lying to protect people."

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Posted Image

http://25.media.tumb...obu2ao1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumb...evo8so1_400.jpg

http://25.media.tumb...evo8so1_400.jpg

http://24.media.tumb...3vekvo1_500.jpg
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#12060 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hi everyone, hugs, kisses, lovely, page 351 # 3510+11, pics

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)