15964 replies to this topic

#13906 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

@Fierce Thanks so much for posting the article, been looking for that one for a very long time :)

• Fierce likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#13907 Agresio

Agresio

just me and my dignity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:53 AM

@amy_addicted Yes, I think those pictures were taken when she was vacationing in St. Lucia. 

• amy_addicted and JohnnyRod like this

#13908 dykehaze

dykehaze

What the fuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

thx for the article.

some ppl claim, she will be bigger than Ms. Dynamite. well, that's true...

Ms who?   ^_^

#13909 Agresio

Agresio

just me and my dignity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

1-holding-amy-winehouse-film-bruce-weber

Photographed by Bruce Weber

• pearljo, Birdieava, Hanna and 4 others like this

#13910 Hanna

Hanna

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

gqKKpmdkaeM.jpg

• pearljo, crol, Uno and 5 others like this

#13911 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

Here it is, but sadly words are very blurred

XqoJRm5wVMc.jpg

Argh, I can't read it! My screen must be too small and too crap... Anyone feel like typing it up or highlighting the best bits? Pretty please?  ^_^

#13912 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Tried my best, but I can't read some bits and English is not my first language, so I'm not so good at guessing what words there might be... 

It’s a Monday afternoon in All Saints Road, and Amy lets out a huge gasp. She ____ her _____ and darts straight over to a shop window, starring at something that’s caught her eye. “Wow,” she gushes “Look at that…”
Is it a £300 pair of __Lo style Man__ boots, perhaps? A Mu__ Mu__ dress, even? No, Amy Winehouse, a down-to-earth 19 year old, around-the way Jewish girl from north London is having a fit over a tacky, but very retro looking 80s-style Casio keyboard that she’s spotted in a second-hand musical instrument store. “I’ve got to go back there after the photo shoot! I’ve got to!”, she putts excitedly.
In many ways, Amy is not your average teenager. For starters, she lives for music, a quality rare in girls of her age. Aged eight, her and her mate were already mimicking Salt’n’Pepper records, ("__, imagine, two little Jewish girls rapping!” she laughs. Every lunchtime at Secondary School was spent camped in the music room, teaching herself piano. In one breath she talks about US rap duo Gangsta__ latest LP: “Sounding like it could have been made 10 years ago". The next, she’s _____ that listening to Ella Fitzgerald has “been very good for my (tuning) and helping me sustain a note”. The fact that her nan ("a ______stone version of Joan Collins“) was once engaged to Ronnie Scott - he of jazz club fame - is also a big deal in Amy’s world.
Then, of course, there’s the small matter of the record contract this singer _____ with Island Records last November, that sees her bouncing on the precipice of what many in the music biz recon is a (glittering) career. At a recent industry-only showcase at London’s Cobden Club, she left ________ observers gobsmacked with her vocal range, depth and all round quality. Music Week are already saying she’l l be bigger than Ms Dynamite. Special, yet, but in other ways Amy is just like any other streetwise kid from the Capital. Nas and B(usta) CD’s live on her Walkman, she’s a rabid clothes shopper (“Red lipstick, tacky nails and off key shit”), and she likes to wander around Carnival every year (nursing) a 2 litre bottle filled with JD and coke. Despite being eloquent, she swears loads - both in her everyday speech, and in her music. Just watch if her song ‘Fuck Me Pumps’ - an hilarious yet razor sharp swipe at sluts - makes it past the internal record company censors. It’s these contradictions (old jazz with new hip hop, intelligent but foul-mouthed, lyrically witty but musically serious, unique but uncannily familiar) that makes Amy’s (as) yet untitled debut album so en_____ing, so vital. Imagine a cross between the smoky jazzi___ of Jill Scott and (healthy) street grit of Ms. Dynamite and you’re almost there. One minute she’s writing about shagging behind her boyfriend’s back on “Love is Blind”, (the only song, by the way, she reckons isn’t written from personal experience), the next she’s (penning) ‘October Song’, an ode to her dead pet canary. Somehow, though, it all fits. “When my LP comes out, people might come up to me and say I’m amazing, but I don’t care about that. I feed of hate,” she says, momentarily coming over (all) So Solid. “I know there’s haters out there who knew me from a little kid who’ll say “Who does she think she is!”. But that’s what I thrive on. If my management nag about me giving a good performance, I go on stage and give’em a fucking good show just to shut them up.”
Just the other week, Amy was proving a point at the Big Chill  festival. Next up is Nothing Hill Carnival itself, with a P_ planned at the Mastermind soundsystem. For the past few years, she’s spent Carnival “getting drunk, getting lost and talking to men”. This time, the big bottle of JD and coke might have to be but on ice… at least until her performance is over, she says. “If I ever heard any of my songs at Carnival, I’d probably run and hide. But I’ll get used to it, I guess. It’s gonna happen.”

• pearljo, Uno, Birdieava and 4 others like this

#13913 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

Thank you!!!!

• Birdieava and Poom like this

#13914 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

SAblhOnrCeI.jpgTkxX4ArSo8M.jpg

• Birdieava, Fanks and dionthéoda_ like this

#13915 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

tumblr_nq15kqsFas1qbqem3o1_1280.jpgtumblr_nr1qtcy9om1uzchclo1_500.jpg

amy-winehouse-bb20-2015-grammys-billboar

amy-winehouse-bb20-2015-amyblake-billboa

amy-winehouse-bb20-2015-teenguitar-billb

• Birdieava, Soul Power, dionthéoda_ and 1 other like this

#13916 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

wKA8ze-Xpd4.jpgtLb2Zy5OKMI.jpg

• crol, Birdieava, melnyk and 5 others like this

#13917 Fierce

Fierce

Play dirty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

HUVT2Sv1xLE.jpg

• Birdieava, inwinoveritas and dionthéoda_ like this

#13918 Hanna

Hanna

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

74615e48-e152-40ee-b072-6a20330335fb-206

• Birdieava, mayday, Poom and 1 other like this

#13919 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

tumblr_nqvf0oGrGB1rj7g0yo1_500.pngSo cute!

• DARE TO BE D, melnyk, Fanks and 1 other like this

#13920 dionthéoda_

dionthéoda_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

I discovered new pictures, thanks for sharing ^^

• Birdieava likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hi everyone, hugs, kisses, lovely, page 351 # 3510+11, pics

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)