624 replies to this topic

#1 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

As the trial starts today I thought I'd start up a thread, here is the first story I can find:

Following Friday’s disastrous performance in Lisbon Amy is back in London and we caught up with the troubled singer leaving her north London pad this afternoon, but do you want to know where she was headed….
Dressed in a smart grey dress Wino headed to court to support hubby Blake who is standing trial for perverting the course of justice.

http://www.mrpaparaz...er-Support.aspx
  • barbarakn60 likes this

#2 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

ive been waiting for news on the trial!

hmm, i dunno what to say . . .im really worried!

Amy looks quite good in those pics though! :)

court details:

The Crown Court

at Snaresbrook

Daily List for Monday 2 June 2008 at SNARESBROOK CROWN COURT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Court 2 - sitting at 10:15 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE D RADFORD

For Trial
T20078216 FIELDER-CIVIL Blake A
Linked to

T20078217 KING James
And Bail Application

• barbarakn60 likes this

#3 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

Me too.

I agree that this subject deserves a special thread (almost made one myself).

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

hmm, i dunno what to say . . .im really worried!

Amy looks quite good in those pics though! :)

court details:
T20078216 FIELDER-CIVIL Blake A
Linked to

T20078217 KING James
And Bail Application

Oh! So maybe he'll get out on bail pending trial! Do they do conditional releases in the UK? Like having to pass a weekly drug test?

#5 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

I think this would be unlikely as he's been refused bail at every court appearance leading up to the trial. The trial starts today and I read somewhere on the BBC website that is could last 5-6 weeks.

#6 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

The Sun:

AMY Winehouse hitched up at court today to see her hubby Blake Fielder-Civil in the dock.

The troubled singer left her home in Camden, north London, today wearing a grey dress as she went to support Fielder-Civil who appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court.

Fielder-Civil is on remand awaiting trial on charges of perverting the course of justice.

http://www.thesun.co...icle1237015.ece

#7 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

http://www.mrpaparaz...er-Support.aspx

Her outfit is sexy!

#8 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Just saw this is posted under "Blake's Trial"

#9 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

http://www.dailymail...band-Blake.html

#10 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

For crying out loud - could they have posted a worse picture of her?

#11 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

they did this the other day, photoshopped her skin and zoomed right in on it. i sent them a nasty comment and they didn't post it so if you were thinking along those lines it's a waste of time. or not. think i'll send them another one so they at least get to read it. wankers!!!!

#12 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

i've been doing my homework on this lol i dont know ANYTHING about law but i read this article http://www.buckingha...ds-paptcojc.pdf
to make my own conclusions. I don't think he could really get a long sentence (assuming he's find guilty) according to this:

intimidating a juror, witness or person assisting an investigation. In TONY AND ALI, the appellant was charged
with doing an act intended to pervert the course of public justice in that he attempted to persuade a witness,
who was to give evidence at the forthcoming trial of the appellant's brother for robbery to alter his evidence,
for which he received a sentence of 150 hours of communitary service

in 2000, 9763 offences of perverting the course of justice were recorded. In the same year 5107 cases of
perverting the course of justice were proceeded with in the magistrates' courts, of which 2312 were dealt with
in the Crown Court. Seventeen suspects were cautioned for prejury and 297 for preventing the course of justice.

During the period 1981-2000, 60 defendants received sentences of over three years and above for perverting the
course of justice, which amounted to 0.96 per cent of all defendants sentenced to prison for this offence.
This study reveals that prison sentences of over three years and above for both perjury and perverting the
course of justice, with one or two notable exceptions, are imposed in cases where the index offence or
circumstances in which the offence against justice was committed is very grave, including murder or large scale
criminal corruption.

but i dont really know. Maybe someone could help me here.
What i don't understand if he has two charges. He allegedly assault someone right? and then was accused of perverting the course of justice so now he's on trial for the second charge, but does he still have to face charges for assault?
and then, can the fact that he's been under custody for the last 7 months
have any influence in the verdict, therefore in a sentence?
i'm really lost hahah i hope he just gets out soon

#13 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

what about the others who were involved? I assume there are seperate trials for them, but maybe not.

#14 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

I bet he gets out with a slap on the wrist. Amy will have a lot of little Johnny Cochran's running around defending him.
Again though, I don't know shit from shineola so there you have it. lol

#15 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

just found this 40 min ago it says..".Pop singer Amy Winehouse has spent more than an hour in court supporting her husband who faces charges of assault and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

The troubled star sat in the front row of the public gallery at Snaresbrook Crown Court, east London, and smiled at Blake Fielder-Civil, who smiled back at her from the dock.

Winehouse, wearing a short blue spotted dress, leaned forward, her arms crossed, as she listened intently to legal arguments ahead of Fielder-Civil's trial.

Occasionally she played with the lower reaches of her famous beehive hairdo, and a silver chain around her neck, as she followed the proceedings.

At one point she mouthed 'all right?' at Fielder-Civil, who frequently smiled reassuringly at her.

On another occasion she patted the chair next to her and mouthed "come and sit here next to me".

When the judge, David Radford, was giving his ruling on a point of legal argument, she looked at her husband and inclined her head questioningly towards the judge.

She was led into court by an usher, and sat alone in the front row of the gallery, twice moving to different seats.

Winehouse left the court after 80 minutes, with legal arguments still continuing.

Fielder-Civil, 26, of Jeffrey's Place, Camden, north London denies causing grievous bodily harm with intent to pub landlord James King of The White House, Risley Hall, Risley, Derbyshire. He also denies an allegation that he conspired with his alleged victim to pervert the course of justice. "

http://ukpress.googl...QZjOZBIDkQvQMmg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users