35 replies to this topic

#16 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

You and Brando TOTALLY merged this thread with KILLER BEES and STING!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

LMAO omg the chances of that... haha mind my killer killer bees could have been what made Brando think of Sting!

An evil alien, lol scary thought....

there was another Amy lyric I mis-heard... it was playing not long ago but can't remember what song/line now! Terrible memory :( shocking!
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

#17 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Off (Amy-tunes Topic)...
When KaKe was about 4 she and a friend were rehaearsing for a dance recital and told me they were dancing to "I Want To Be a Boy Named Baby".... WTF??? Aked her teacher what kind of song title was that?... turned out it was "I Want To Be a Broadway Baby"

LOL LOVE IT!!!
Like A Boy Named Sue only... funnier :D
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

#18 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

In F me pump I thought it said "your dream in life is to be a poor baller's wife". Never understood it, but as usual, sang it that way anyway. Figured it was Brit slang.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#19 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

:lol: i had one of those with Sting's 'An Englishman In New York' i thought it went 'oh oh i'm an alien, I'm an evil alien' instead of 'I'm a legal alien'. I kept on having this weird images of sting dressed up as a mad alien screaming in the streets of New York. It was scary..

I never even managed to make out words from that.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#20 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

any older folks in the house remember The Rascals "Groovin'"?

"Life would be ecstasy
you and me and Leslie..."

at least that what I thought for years until I found our the lyric was "you and me endlessly"

#21 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

any older folks in the house remember The Rascals "Groovin'"?

"Life would be ecstasy
you and me and Leslie..."

at least that what I thought for years until I found our the lyric was "you and me endlessly"

Know the song and will never hear it quite the same again after hear your version.LOL!!!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#22 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

The Kooks - Naive
It took me ages to realise that they sang "I know that she knows that I'm not fond of asking" and not "that I'm not from the basket"

Edited by sarahbol, 23 July 2008 - 03:48 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#23 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

The Kooks - Naive
It took me ages to realise that they sang " know that she knows that I'm not fond of asking" and not "that I'm not from the basket"

I have always thought that it was 'that I'm not from the basket' too!
Thanks Sarah :lol:
What kind of fuckery is this

#24 KaKe

KaKe

You know that I'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

Lmao, I thought AMYS song unholy war said

"toss me my dignity"
but it says "just me, my dignity... and this guitar caseee...."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/KaitlynFitch/?action=view¤t=maded.gif

#25 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

holy shit i just looked up the lyrics for some unholy war trynna work out the last line and its
"but who you dying for? B, i would have died too, i'd like to"
thats fucking deep
ahah,
is "B" blake?
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#26 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

probably
i LOVE that line.. i know what you mean about it
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#27 gretski101

gretski101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

well i haven't been in love so i dont know much, lol but i dont want to be in a relationship like amy and blake when they split up,
but i guess alot of people go through that...
maybe i dono

#28 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

i guess amy pushes it a bit too far most times. But thats the way she probably is you know. A lot of people are like that too.. even i'm a bit like that too sometimes.
That idea of thinking you can die because of heartache... i mean phisically die. Its exagerating a bit i guess.. 'everybody has have their hearts broken' she said that, right? you get over it eventually i guess.. everybody does.
I guess she also let that 60's girl groups attitude towards it affect her. The 'i'd do anything for you, i'd fucking slowly kill myself in front 50 people if you leave me' attitude.
But i'm not saying nothing new really... she's said this a couple of times before
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#29 gretski101

gretski101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:33 AM

yeahh i guess because a musician is a bit of a off on job, like 6 months you work flat out then tour for 6 months then like a year where your schedule is pretty free,
maybe because doesn't have a nine to five job she depends on blake to spend time with her or keep her occupide or something,
i dono. lol

#30 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

that line took on a whole new meaning for me when it was (supposedly) revealed in court that blake had attempted suicide.

its like who are you doing this for - yourself, or to get others to notice? and like i care about you, i'll die too if you die.

its so... arg cant put it into words. so depressing but my favourite amy lyric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users