96 replies to this topic

#76 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

When she came in, she was just smiling, and I went to shake her hand, and she was like, Nah "hug" and when she said that, she did that thing that she did when she was interviewd before she went on at Nelson Mandela show, when she said Blake is out in two weeks, she does this little childish smile thing, that sticks out in my mind so much.:D

That's really cute and special. Unbelievable, isn't it?
Thanks Byron, for sharing your ultimate dream that came true. I can imagine you still can't get over it, it's just kind of unreal, but cherish the bits you can remember, you are really lucky. :)
What kind of fuckery is this

#77 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

A peak experience for sure. Will probably take a while to fully sink in. But you'll always have the memory.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I was just a few feet away from her. You wouldn't think that would be possible. Must be even harder to believe that you had your arms around each other.

BTW, I have your pic with Amy on my bulletin board at work. You guys look so comfortable together too. She is such a genuine, sweet person, it just floors me.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#78 Byron

Byron

I do a 180

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

Thats well cool!
Thats one thing people have said is that we look like we are friends in the picture.
I think that also, even though I was so nervous, and excited in side. My mouth was dry, my heart was beating and I was shaking a bit.
At first when I got in, I said hello to Dion, spoke with her a bit then was told to go into the garage, then the guard and Jules were speaking and cos I was so shocked I just thought that they were going to say I have to go back outside, or just for them to get an autograph from Amy and me.
THen they went and it was just me and the bodygaurd, and he looked at me and said shes coming! THen she came in, and well I cant explain it, its like its not her, I mean she looked different, but not in a bad way just mental. You feel like you know her, and the way it happened was like we were friends. I didnt scream or be loud, I jsut play to play it cool, I had this huge desire to impress her. it was just normal talk. She asked if I was brazilian or something like that (I have no idea why) or half, I explain my dads from Singapore. She wanted to know what I was doing at the weekend. I asked about if she rememberd me and Sarah from the Brusels gig and she did, that was a good bit cos she made sure the guard told me that she is shit hot, and she dont talk shit.
She started shouting because she was finding it hard to get a good angle to strike, as there isnt much room in there with the table.
She sang a bit which was mental, and it was as if I wasnt lisening to it, but I was, realy hard, trying to remember it but I cant, I know it wasnt anything we know.
She loved the tattoo, at first I just forgot to show her, the guard had to remind me why I was there, so I showed her and she said "Ahh I really like that picture of me" and looked at every detail, then starting thinking where she could sign it.
It was just 25 minutes of pure euphoria!

Edited by Byron, 30 August 2008 - 09:45 PM.

Once is enough to make me attack!

#79 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

25 minutes with Amy...sounds like euphoria to me. I'd have been nervous too.

It's great to hear her say she liked that picture of herself, I've never heard her say anything positive about her appearance like that before, all you hear is she's "insecure" and "self-loathing". That would probably have been the best moment for me. What a great personal moment.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#80 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

wowwwwww amazing,
i want to meet her so bad!
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#81 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

Such a great memory Byron. I'm really happy for you!

#82 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for all that Byron. And, welcome back!

And don't forget to share any little extra tidbit that you might remember down the road.:)
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#83 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

Byron.. you spent 25 minutes in Heaven... I'm so happy for you!!! That "dream" will last you a lifetime, I'm sure.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#84 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Hey Sarah,
What did the kids think? Well they liked it, Jhamier didnt really understand, but when we said that when she comes out he should ask her for a kiss he went and hid behind his mum, so he was shy thinking about it.
Sharnia like it, but ended up playing with stones outside her house, and Kiarna was very excited and waiting nervous like everyone else. We had a laugh.

I'm sure Jhamier would have gotten a kiss.
When I asked Kiarna if she liked Amy she said yes, but I wasn't sure if she said it because she didn't want to say no or because she really does like Amy.

It's great to hear her say she liked that picture of herself, I've never heard her say anything positive about her appearance like that before, all you hear is she's "insecure" and "self-loathing". That would probably have been the best moment for me. What a great personal moment.

Hearing that (pleasantly) surprised me as well.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#85 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thats well cool!
Thats one thing people have said is that we look like we are friends in the picture.
I think that also, even though I was so nervous, and excited in side. My mouth was dry, my heart was beating and I was shaking a bit.
At first when I got in, I said hello to Dion, spoke with her a bit then was told to go into the garage, then the guard and Jules were speaking and cos I was so shocked I just thought that they were going to say I have to go back outside, or just for them to get an autograph from Amy and me.
THen they went and it was just me and the bodygaurd, and he looked at me and said shes coming! THen she came in, and well I cant explain it, its like its not her, I mean she looked different, but not in a bad way just mental. You feel like you know her, and the way it happened was like we were friends. I didnt scream or be loud, I jsut play to play it cool, I had this huge desire to impress her. it was just normal talk. She asked if I was brazilian or something like that (I have no idea why) or half, I explain my dads from Singapore. She wanted to know what I was doing at the weekend. I asked about if she rememberd me and Sarah from the Brusels gig and she did, that was a good bit cos she made sure the guard told me that she is shit hot, and she dont talk shit.
She started shouting because she was finding it hard to get a good angle to strike, as there isnt much room in there with the table.
She sang a bit which was mental, and it was as if I wasnt lisening to it, but I was, realy hard, trying to remember it but I cant, I know it wasnt anything we know.
She loved the tattoo, at first I just forgot to show her, the guard had to remind me why I was there, so I showed her and she said "Ahh I really like that picture of me" and looked at every detail, then starting thinking where she could sign it.
It was just 25 minutes of pure euphoria!

you're so jeffin' lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#86 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

omg its just so wooowwww amazinggg im so jealous. your so lucky mann lol :D
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#87 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Byron I hope you don't mind I put this back up. When you meet Amy way back I read this about 6,7 times because It was so incredible that she was so sweet to spend time with you.
i think this is a fabulous read again esp for newbies that just signed on the forum. Shows what a doll she was.......

http://www.amywineho...t=byron meeting
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#88 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

wow, thanks so much for bumping that up. what an experience for Byron. I am sure that everyone else could just imagine her being just as Byron described.

great storyteller you are, Byron.

wow, how nice. thanks again.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#89 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

Merged.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#90 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

The more I see of the real Amy, moments that a forum member (Byron, you lucky, lucky guy) has experienced for himself, the tenderness she shows towards her goddaughter and countless others, the more I find this tiny frail woman to be someone that I adore and respect, yes, RESPECT. With all of her struggles with finding happiness and inner peace, she still has something inside that even the drugs have not totally entinguished, a genuine love for people and "a heart so true".

very true.

great story - very amy! xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users