122 replies to this topic

#46 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

Let me phrase it this way, she has a lot of fucking money.

#47 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:05 AM

$20 mil or not, everything else phil said it's so true it makes you want to get your ass down to Camden and hit her with a baseball bat in the head till she gets it.
She'll get out of this hopefully. Smart people always do, and our girl it's very fucking smart. She's just acting stupid so that the rest of us don't feel so small.. ha!
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#48 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:08 AM

ha, i was about to say the same.

She's just acting stupid so that the rest of us don't feel so small.. ha!

lol i bet she does..

good luck, Amy... im not sure what to expect, really!
Posted Image

#49 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

But, is she happy? LOL
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#50 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

I think the answer is rather obvious. But that doesn't mean I can't vent occasionally.

#51 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

wrong thread

Edited by pearljo, 29 August 2008 - 01:50 AM.

#52 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

[quote name='Rockesquirrel']But, is she happy? LOL[/quote]

we think alike on that - we've been through this discussion before:

http://www.amywineho...happy#post55090

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly89
I can understand peoples feelings when they say she has got everything and is just throwing it away im angry about that we shall have to hope Amy realises soon![Quote]

What I don't understand is how people can say "she's got everything" when she only has everything which is superficial.

She absolutely does not "have everything"! That is so wrong.

As they say, there are people in poor countries who "have nothing", yet are incredibly happy, because they have the untangibles, like family connections, camaradarie/community, love, fulfillment, purpose, peace of mind, goals, joy, feeling worthwhile, etc.

Some would say they are better off than those of us in the "richer" countries.

So,to get back to my point, Amy clearly does not "have everything", at the moment.

Hopefully, she will get to the point where she does " have everything", which would include peace of mind, and hopefully she can feel fulfilled creatively at the same time.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#53 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Do we know what time she is due to perform?
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#54 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

22.15 French time..is 20.15 GMT and 21.15 UK time.
What kind of fuckery is this

#55 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Lighten up, mortals!!! When I asked, "Is she happy?" I was being sarcastic about the situation. As Blakmamba had previously posted her wisdom, sometimes one needs to take the focus off of one's problems, and maybe try to do good in the world. Believe me, I know.

Edited by Rockesquirrel, 29 August 2008 - 02:07 PM.

In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#56 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

As they say, there are people in poor countries who "have nothing", yet are incredibly happy, because they have the untangibles, like family connections, camaradarie/community, love, fulfillment, purpose, peace of mind, goals, joy, feeling worthwhile, etc.

Depression and mental illness are rampant in poor countries. China made the news a few years back because rural housewives were committing suicide by drinking fertilizer.
Not that China is poor these days but many rural farmers don't have a pot to pee in.

My original point with Amy was that she looked pretty damn happy after Frank. When the drugs came in is when she became really unhappy. Sometimes it's underlying mood disorders that help addiction to develop and sometimes you're just a junkie who would be happier if you would stop.

My post was about drugs and the power they can exert over someone. If she was sober, she might see the things she's been blessed with.

And RS, I know her $20 mil is not in Frank's bank on the corner. Believe it or not, I'm not that dumb.

#57 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

It is really worrying that there have been no sightings of Amy since V festival and the organisers must be worried about her attending tonight. I was expecting photos today of her leaving for the concert, I suppose there's still time but it does make you wonder.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#58 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

i was thinking the same thing.. But it's just a one-hour flight from london to paris, isn't it? and she's been going on helicopter to all the last gigs she's done.
I think she will attend.. i'm just worried about how she will perform

edit: anyone knows what time is it in london right now? and how much is the difference from paris?

Edited by brando, 29 August 2008 - 03:21 PM.

The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#59 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

London time is 04.42 pm now and in Paris one hour later, so 05.41 pm
What kind of fuckery is this

#60 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

Even if she's still at home now, she could still get there in time if they hurry a bit.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm going to be listening to the radio tonight as I'm not feeling too well. Who is going to be here?

Edited by sarahbol, 29 August 2008 - 04:48 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users