122 replies to this topic

#91 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

i could just kick my mums ass, she told me AMy was rushed to the hospital&& that's why she cancelled. i was worried sick. hopefully she hasn't gotten worse&& they just talked some sense to her, trip to paris woulnd't have been a good idea now.

i don't think she should be performing. she's not well.

:(*sad AMy*

#92 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

the press is catching up..
http://www.dailymail...ry-illness.html

http://www.dailystar...fter-gig-skip-/
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#93 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

Do you speak French, Sarah??? My French is very rudimentary. And to think I was pretty fluent some 9-10 years ago. :(( Do you live in Brussels? I will be spending practically half of of September in Bruxelles hehe

If you want, we can meet and go to hang out somewhere.

I probably don't speak French as well as I should after 9 years of French classes at school and living in a country that's semi French. I do understand it and can sort of speak it but not fluently. I've not had to speak French for a year now and my knowledge has gone downhill fast.

No I don't live in Brussels, but it's not that far away.
When exactly are you going to be here? And what are you doing there?

Hmmm I was always thinking GMT is the UK time zone. Doesn't GMT stand for the Greenwich Meridian Time????

That's what I thought too. It's summer time now but I thought that was still GMT. I guess it isn't then.

Edited by sarahbol, 30 August 2008 - 01:39 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#94 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

great
http://www.contactmu...ped gig_1078913
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#95 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

2 hours notice? That's really lame. I can't blame them for suing, I really can't. Although it's probably for the best that she didn't perform. I don't know why she was booked for festivals this summer.

I would be really, really pissed off if I bought tickets. Oh, well, it's always a crapshoot anyway.
"I've got hair like them"

#96 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

The organisers of a French music festival are threatening legal action against AMY WINEHOUSE after the troubled singer pulled out of the event at the last minute.
Winehouse was due to headline the three-day Rock En Seine festival in Paris on Friday (29Aug08) in a line up that also included fellow British singer Kate Nash.
But she cancelled the appearance after being taken ill at her Camden, London home just hours before she was due to fly to France.
A representative for the Back to Black hitmaker issued a statement apologising for the cancellation, but insisted that the star did not need hospital treatment.
The spokesman says, "Amy Winehouse was regrettably unable to perform at the Rock En Seine show in Paris, Friday August 29, due to illness. She was taken ill at her house and wasn't able to travel to France for the concert."
But organisers claim they were given just two hours notice that the star would not be appearing and were not given an adequate reason for her cancellation.
Festival bosses have released a statement via their website saying they are now considering taking legal action against Winehouse.

08/30/2008 02:14:06 PM

In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#97 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

I would be really, really pissed off if I bought tickets. Oh, well, it's always a crapshoot anyway.

But you'd know better wouldn't you.

If and when I purchase a concert tix to see Amy, it's gonna be after all this passes, I am not interested in seeing her messed up, or not showing up or waiting for hours.

#98 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

I am surprised she hasn't been sued before to be honest. When I went to Liverpool I was just getting ready to hand my ticket to security to get into the concert arena to be told she had not turned up, 5 mins before doors opened. I just wish she or her management would consider fans a bit more as I am sure she knew earlier in the day whether she would attend or not.

Then again at the Liverpool concert I saw the same security guy the second time and I asked him did she actually turn up and he said she did the sound check earlier in the day and left and never came back.

When amy did appear she apologised and said she ""bottled it", it's just a shame for the fans that travel a long way to be disappointed by a no show.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#99 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Sad to say, as much as I want to see Amy in concert, I just wouldn't take the chance right now, for the same reasons.
"I've got hair like them"

#100 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

Sad to say, as much as I want to see Amy in concert, I just wouldn't take the chance right now, for the same reasons.

Too many fans, are going thru that right now. What about the Bestival concert, next week? I sympathize with her going thru troubles, but she's under contract to perform, after cancelling last year. She will get better, and she will get stronger, but right now, this is not the time for diva operatics. Bryan posted that she/someone was blasting music, just before her appearance.

Lainey brings up an excellent point, multiply that by the thousands. Her record company is going to take notice, and perhaps, take action. Next year, when and if her new album comes out, she's on shaky ground......
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#101 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

I think that's the problem tho, that she is not on shaky ground, it all condoned, unmentioned or pushed to the side. Imagine if she were penalized. Things would certainly be different.

#102 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

I think she is, Blakmamba. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." It's her tendency towards unreliability, that is her liability.

- 8-/

#103 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

Bryan posted that she/someone was blasting music, just before her appearance.

This was when he met her on the 8th, not yesterday.

But yeah I'm not surprised this got her into trouble.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#104 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

You think the record company is penalizing her?

#105 Josh

Josh

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

No I don't live in Brussels, but it's not that far away.
When exactly are you going to be here? And what are you doing there?

I will be there from tomorrow to Sept 5.

Then from 9 to 11.

And after that from 21 to 27 Sept until something comes in the way.

I am an interpreter sweetheart. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users