#1 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

funny how things change.. this would be excusable nowadays
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

I remember watching this on the telly and her eyes scared the hell out of me. At one point I though she was going to pass out.

Like remember at Glastonbury last year, her eyes went all blank all of a sudden? Scary.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#3 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Compared to V Festival 8/16/08, her appearance was "healthy".
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#4 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

yeah that's what i mean..
i remember when this happened everybody made such a big deal about it, and if i remember well, she had just finished her European tour she did in October, i think, and was asked to go to this awards like a day after she had got home.. So it was excusable..
It just surprises me so much how our standars have changed when it comes to her performances..

#5 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

nah, i still can't watch this one.

#6 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

This was the very first time a performance by her broke my heart.
Posted Image

#7 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

This was the very first time a performance by her broke my heart.

same here.

#8 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

I wish this were all just a bad movie and I could press REWIND.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#9 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

i rememebr this too :(
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#10 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:05 AM

sorry to bring bad memories back to you guys! i was just pointing out how the standard for 'bad' has changed for amy's voice.. it turned out to be really fucking depressing.. sorry!

#11 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

Don't feel bad, brando.....at least you hadn't posted anything tasteless or offensive! I posted links of Winehouse's recent pics and the response wasn't too positive, either. If folks care to look, they'll look. No biggee, chieftess!
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#12 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

Don't feel bad, brando.....at least you hadn't posted anything tasteless or offensive! I posted links of Winehouse's recent pics and the response wasn't too positive, either. If folks care to look, they'll look. No biggee, chieftess!

We are not members of the Assylum... we can handle the good and bad.. may not be painless but as I've stated before loving Amy is like loving a bad boyfriend... and we're in it with eyes wide open. I am staying aboard this rocky ship no matter where it leads!!! NO JUMPING OFF FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

I know exactly what you're talking about Brando. I remember when I first saw that and just felt so shocked and sad. But then, I watched it now and I thought it was good; that's how much the standards have changed.
Posted Image

#14 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

i was just pointing out how the standard for 'bad' has changed for amy's voice.. it turned out to be really fucking depressing.. sorry!

You're absolutely right.
A lot of things are really depressing now. I was watching some older interviews yesterday, and it didn't leave me with a happy feeling. I love those interviews but seeing how much she has changed is painful.

Edited by sarahbol, 24 August 2008 - 05:11 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#15 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

yeah i guess that's what i meant, it's just sometimes i don't know if i should keep my head up and stop remembering those things and forget how fast things have changed and stay positive. But i guess realising this kind of things is being more realistic.. it's just that...reality sucks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users