488 replies to this topic

#31 iamy07

iamy07

Black don't crack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

a few days ago there was a little festival here, and there was a little band and she was singing valerie.. When i'm going out i always go to the dj and ask for amy for a couple of times, they get crazy of me sometimes :P

#32 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

today i went to a cafe to buy cigarrettes and suddenly "Love is a losing game" starts! amy is everywhere
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#33 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

yesterday i was driving in my car, and turned on the radio. moodys mood for love was on, in a station called "radio marginal" (i love radio marginal, it plays curtis mayfield, stevie wonder, erykah badu, roy ayers, good music)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#34 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

Moody's Mood For Love - cool! I've never heard it anywhere else than on the album.

I heard the beginning of Back To Black on X Factor this week. It sounds like they really like Mark Ronson there, because they used Back To Black, Adele - Cold Shoulder and a track from Ronson's album in the same episode.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#35 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

i was at my friends house,
and she was like amy winehouseooooooo
in some weird voice, she like said it really quite,
it was fucking weird,
i was like what the hell tess?
shes like oh what?
and she didn't say anything more,
hahah she sounds like a nutter,
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#36 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Well I didn't see it but my dad informed me that Amy was playing in the background of an infomercial lol. He didn't know what song it was but he knew her voice. Then he followed with that girl can sang...I like her. I love my dad.
Posted Image

Check me out :)
http://www.youtube.com/Dani6248

"I need you like a bird needs wings,because without them they're just walking through the madness of things"

#37 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:29 AM

Well I didn't see it but my dad informed me that Amy was playing in the background of an infomercial lol. He didn't know what song it was but he knew her voice. Then he followed with that girl can sang...I like her. I love my dad.

Awww. That's sooo nice. It's nice to be able to share in that way.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#38 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:45 AM

That Dani family, they've got great taste. It just becomes more and more clear.

I call it "the Amy test". Says a lot about a person I think.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#39 gretski101

gretski101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:23 AM

my parents LOVE her,
there was a massive article about her in the adelaide newspaper magazine,
both my parents read it through and through, it was like 10 pages, a brilliant article, i was very proud of them
ahhaha

#40 Dani624

Dani624

Fever 103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

So the day before yesterday I was in Victoria's Secret purchasing some goodies when I got a surprise. Lend you outsidaz and my new Badu.... pours through the speakers. It skips over the first verse and starts at the second verse. I was in a good mood for the rest of the day. It sent me flying :)
Posted Image

Check me out :)
http://www.youtube.com/Dani6248

"I need you like a bird needs wings,because without them they're just walking through the madness of things"

#41 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

I was at Wilkinson's near Wembley Central and they played Love Is A Losing Game.

#42 gretski101

gretski101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

i dono but i've been watching video hits and channel V australia and all the music channels,
and they have been playing rehab and back to black ALOT like five times i've seen amy on tv in the past few days,
and they had top 12 hits and rehab was like number nine and pretty sure its not number nine hit in the country at the moment,
lol so maybe australia is starting to dig amy more,
i dono
lol or maybe a coinsidence

#43 holly89

holly89

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

Im guessing this may have already been mentioned but one of last weeks Hollyoaks played Amy Amy Amy of FRANK. It was because of the character Amy Barns
holly89, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Mar 2008.

#44 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

I work in maccy d's and we've got tears dry on their own, btb and you know i'm no good all on the playlist which is pretty cool, i makes my heart skip a beat when it starts! haha! lol
Also I was in prezzo last night and as we walked in to get a table, Love is a Losing Game was playing quite loud and it was quiet in the restaurant so I was like "Oh my God have I died and gone to heaven?!"
N there was a drunk couple sat nxt to us who got up n started to dance to it and the woman asked her hhusband if he still had her amy cd cause she "Loves this song"!
Made my night....
AmyWinehouse, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jun 2007.

#45 gretski101

gretski101

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

ohhh i love hearing say they love amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users