#1 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Sweet to see Amy helping the elderly!

Tom Jones Draws Inspiration From Amy Winehouse
When it came time for Tom Jones to record his new album, '24 Hours,' he found a surprising kindred spirit in Amy Winehouse, whose 'Back to Black' provided a blueprint of sorts.

"I wanted to record an album that got the same vibrant feeling I used to get when I first started recording," Jones tells Spinner. "I loved a lot of the songs I did on Decca. When I heard ['Back to Black'], it reminded me of the stuff that I had done before. She did inspire me, but it's not like I heard that and I knew what I wanted to do. It just sort of reassured me that an album could be done like that."

Not only did 'Black' provide sonic relief, Jones was further inspired by Winehouse's decision to pen her own tunes. "She wrote songs about herself apparently because of the lack of material, and that's exactly what's happened here for me." No word on if there's an impending mash-up of 'Rehab' and 'What's New Pussycat,' although we'd pay to hear those no, no, no's mixed with some whoa's.

http://www.spinner.c...-amy-winehouse/

#2 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Alan. Very nice to see the young inspiring the "old." :)
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#3 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

They tried to make me go to rehab, I said - what's new pussycat, whoa whoa whoa - no, no, no... lol just thinking about it hehe :-D happy times!!

That is cool, first time I heard B2B, infact EVERYTIME I hear B2B I feel inspired, love listening to her ska/mod moments when she covers The Specials, it's such a classic genre brought to a whole different dimension
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

#4 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

They tried to make me go to rehab, I said - what's new pussycat, whoa whoa whoa - no, no, no... lol just thinking about it hehe :-D happy times!!

That is cool, first time I heard B2B, infact EVERYTIME I hear B2B I feel inspired, love listening to her ska/mod moments when she covers The Specials, it's such a classic genre brought to a whole different dimension
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

#5 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

Amy's coattails must be pretty tattered at this point with all the people who have tried to grab hold of them.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#6 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Well said, Dave.

A shining light, for sure.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#7 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Here he is taking a master class:

#8 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

AMY GET TI TOGETHER!!!!...She's Brilliant and doesn't even realize it!!!!
Posted Image

#9 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

Here he is taking a master class:

janis singing soul, Tom trying to keep up. what a classic! i had a Tom Jones 45 when i was a kid and played it to death..."It's Not Unusual"

#10 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

^^ It's such a shame Janice died so young. Had SOO much talent.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users