39 replies to this topic

#1 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Despite new names being mentioned left and right throughout much of the Quantum of Solace production, Amy Winehouse seemed to be by far the number one contender for the title theme.

Working along with producer Mark Ronson, Winehouse came up with a demo track that was planned to be submitted to the producers. Work on the track then came to a halt in May after several recent reports of some erratic behavior by Winehouse. Ronson stated at the time: ‘I’m not sure [Amy’s] ready to work on music yet.’

The James Bond theme ultimately went to Jack White and Alicia Keys, who came up with ‘Another Way To Die’.

Speaking with The West Australian, Ronson said he was more worried than annoyed by Winehouse’s odd behaviour that contributed to the sidelining of their 007 theme that never was.

‘That’s somebody I care about,’ he said. ‘I was more worried about her as a person than I was whether we got the Bond theme done or not.’

‘But, yeah, definitely when somebody offers you a Bond theme, it’s a once in a lifetime situation. [I was] sitting back a bit bummed watching the Jack White video on MTV.’

In August, Winehouse briefly made mention of her plans to release the unused Bond theme, but this has so far yet to occur.

Stay up-to-date with all the latest Quantum of Solace coverage at CommmanderBond.net.

http://commanderbond.net/article/5865

Edited by kevd7, 04 December 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Speaking with The West Australian, Ronson said he was more worried than annoyed by Winehouse’s odd behaviour that contributed to the sidelining of their 007 theme that never was.

‘That’s somebody I care about,’ he said. ‘I was more worried about her as a person than I was whether we got the Bond theme done or not.’

Nicely said, Mark. He seems like one of the good guys.
"I've got hair like them"

#3 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

I think Amy should marry Mark.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#4 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

I think Amy should marry Mark.

That's my fairytale ending for Amy, too. If only!
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#5 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

that'd be one hot couple! :) lol

Amy and Russell Brand would be my dream pairing . . . but i think thatd be a disaster!lol
(im bored ok so sorry for going off topic!lol)

Edited by Little Legs, 04 December 2008 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

#6 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

^^Uhh, Amy and Russell would be a HORRIFIC train-wreck!! LMAO! Just imagine, two scrabbly-headed, open-minded potty-mouths with strong opinions would not end well ... lol
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#7 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

^^Uhh, Amy and Russell would be a HORRIFIC train-wreck!! LMAO! Just imagine, two scrabbly-headed, open-minded potty-mouths with strong opinions would not end well ... lol

lol........yh i can see that it wouldnt be a good mix....................but in my head it works wonders! lol I think Russells lovely (Sammy would agree with me on this! lol)
Posted Image

#8 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Oh, absolutely, I adore Russell. He's kinda the male version of Amy.
Posted Image

#9 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

Amy and Russell,there would be enough material to fill 10 BookyWooks LOL

Posted Image

#10 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

aww..........................i love them!
they're both hot! lol
Posted Image

#11 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

Wow Russell looks like a giant compared to Amy!
Posted Image

#12 Merge

Merge

Once A Tickle, Now A Rash...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

Whoa whoa WHOA!!!
She looks quite big there, quite... Frank Amy... and it's not just the dress near her neck and shoulders looks bit beefier (not being rude but you know what I mean)

Hm Brand & Winehouse... hmm Brandhouse-Wine... lol no, no, no!
The thought of them too... seriously, imagine the kids - his chest hair and facial hair and... their hair... be a good pairing for lots of reasons, and for lots of VERY good reasons they would be a match made in hell
Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont les anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassee
Encore une fois
Je n\'y crois pas

#13 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

I'm not too fond of that guy. His hair is just disgusting. I mean why? WHY? I liked him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but the ads for the VMAs when he hosted really annoyed me. But if he combed his hair, he and Amy would make a cute couple I think!

Anyways, although I would love to have seen Amy get the Bond theme, I am just as happy to see Jack White get it. He is an amazing musician and producer. I'm a HUGE white stripes fan actually
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#14 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

His hair is just disgusting. I mean why? WHY? ... But if he combed his hair, he and Amy would make a cute couple I think!

Funny to hear an Amy Winehouse fan say that.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#15 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

I'm totally in love with Russell Brand anyway!! LOL
So the thought of the two loves of my life together would be brilliant.
(I'll end up divorced one day for my Russell obsession!! hahaha)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users